Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Your fave Proverb / Saying

Your fave Proverb / Saying

Old Mar 18th 2008, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

nephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Your fave Proverb / Saying

You reap what you sow .How long is a piece of string.How many apples in a barrow of grapes.z
Old Mar 18th 2008, 5:23 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

"There are only two things in life you have to do; die and take up space. For everything else there is a choice and a consequence "
Old Mar 18th 2008, 5:38 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I like Billy Connolly's "Don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes, but then he is a mile away and has no shoes so it doesn't matter"
Old Mar 18th 2008, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans
Old Mar 18th 2008, 6:30 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't follow leaders, watch your parking meters.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:09 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
"There are only two things in life you have to do; die and take up space. For everything else there is a choice and a consequence "
SHould that have been ...

There are only two things in life you have to do; die and take up space. For everything else there is BARCLAYCARD
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
SHould that have been ...

There are only two things in life you have to do; die and take up space. For everything else there is BARCLAYCARD
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

My signature. Yes I know the latin is wrong but let's face it, it's not an actual phrase dating back to latin times anyway. One day I will get the more 'popular' version but this does for me now.

For those that don't know it means Don't Let the B*st*rds Grind You Down.

Another one I love is Life's a B*tch and Then You Die. Unfortunately it doesn't sound so good when your 5 year old daughter says it to her grandmother
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:50 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I like these....

'Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.'

'Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery,
Today is a gift, that's why we call it 'the present'.'

'There are two choices in life, live it or leave it.'

...and my signature.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

borolad will become famous soon enoughborolad will become famous soon enough

you can take a horse to water but a pencil must be lead .

mind over matter, i dont mind and you dont matter.

speed of a race horse , strength of a shire horse, pitty brains of a rocking horse.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

JoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to all

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof - or in other words, worry about something when or if it happens.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 11:37 am
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Theres some brilliant ones out there.

A recent one I heard was.

A cynic is a man who smells flowers, and looks around for a coffin.

You got any favourites ( favorites ) as this is open to Yanks too !
The pen is mightier than the sword

I'll wipe that smile off you face

If you break your leg dont come running to me

I'll put that smile on the other side of your face
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Very wise words

Fail to prepare ... prepare to fail.

A couple that really grate my balls ...

Aussies using ...

"Next cab off the rank ..." or "lining up our ducks" in business situations.

Just f*** off.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 2:36 pm
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

There's no F in COD

She's been hit with the ugly stick

My Polish father said this: 'We are like to pisses in a pot' [translated 2 peas in a pod] and driving on a dual carriageway he said, 'we can stop at the layabout'

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.

A penny saved is a penny earned......Mmmmm

How are you fixed for a few bob?
Old Mar 18th 2008, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

same shit, shinier bucket

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.