Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Old May 25th 2021, 6:20 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Crikey, they all sound dodgy
Old May 25th 2021, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by paulry
Crikey, they all sound dodgy
The vaccine numbers are timid. Check out peanuts.

PEANUT ALLERGY IS THE SECOND MOST COMMON FOOD ALLERGY
IN CHILDREN AND IS ON THE INCREASE. IT OCCURS IN ABOUT
1 IN 50 CHILDREN AND 1 IN 200 ADULTS. PEANUT IS THE MOST
LIKELY FOOD TO CAUSE ANAPHYLAXIS AND DEATH. IT HAS BEEN
ESTIMATED THAT THERE IS ONE DEATH FOR EVERY 200 EPISODES
OF ANAPHYLAXIS.
Old May 25th 2021, 12:14 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 25th 2021, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 25th 2021, 2:07 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
The vaccine numbers are timid. Check out peanuts.

PEANUT ALLERGY IS THE SECOND MOST COMMON FOOD ALLERGY
IN CHILDREN AND IS ON THE INCREASE. IT OCCURS IN ABOUT
1 IN 50 CHILDREN AND 1 IN 200 ADULTS. PEANUT IS THE MOST
LIKELY FOOD TO CAUSE ANAPHYLAXIS AND DEATH. IT HAS BEEN
ESTIMATED THAT THERE IS ONE DEATH FOR EVERY 200 EPISODES
OF ANAPHYLAXIS.

This.

Originally Posted by bcworld

Definitely this.

Probably this too.

Apologies for the visit down under from another part of the world.
Old May 26th 2021, 3:04 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 26th 2021, 9:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter

Apologies for the visit down under from another part of the world.
You are very welcome, its the only way us outcasts are likely to get visitors for many years to come
Old May 26th 2021, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Perspective.
Old May 27th 2021, 12:57 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Indeed. I had a sever reaction to the whooping cough vaccine years ago, anaphylactic shock, had to be given CPR by an ambulance crew, Because of that I have always avoided the flu vaccine, and had to think hard about the COVID one. All the advice was that the risk of anaphylaxis was much greater with Pfizer (Moderna was not about then) so I just went straight for AZ,
As for the blood clot risk, I survived god knows how many years on the pill, and the benefits of getting AZ far outweighed the risk. Second jab in a few weeks,
Then we just wait for his majesty to release us from prison.
Good on you Polly. If anyone has cause to be hesitant about getting a vaccine it's you but you did your research and your own risk analysis based on the facts available. I really hope you can visit your family in the UK soon, feeling stuck is horrible.
Old May 27th 2021, 1:04 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Perspective.
indeed. Wish more people could see it this way
Old May 27th 2021, 1:17 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Good on you Polly. If anyone has cause to be hesitant about getting a vaccine it's you but you did your research and your own risk analysis based on the facts available. I really hope you can visit your family in the UK soon, feeling stuck is horrible.
You know, I've raised this so many times in conversations at work ( and we are majorly involved in coordinating the Qld response to COVID so you would think people would be on top of it) and several people have said that I should be anti-vax. But to me that makes no sense. Yes I am high risk, but life is about risks and about balancing risks and benefits. And thats what I've done.
I would never encourage someone to be anti-vax. But I will always encourage people to view all the options, do the research, get professional opinions, add a tablespoonful of common sense, and then make a balanced decision that they can justify.
My sister went through this with her three kids when they got their normal kiddie shots years ago. She was aware of what happened to me and so she took that into account as a family issue, and did a lot of research. The balance came down in favour of the kids getting all their shots and none of them have suffered any ill-effects. Its just down to taking a sensible approach.
Even my mum (in her mid 80s now), who must have gone through hell seeing me as a toddler in such distress, was willing to read the info and balance the risks, and she went for her COVID jab in Wales as soon as she was eligible.

People need to seriously think about it. Ignore the heart tugging "do this for mankind" stuff and do it for your own reasons. Weigh up the personal situation medically and logically, and then just get on with it. We need those borders open and this is just one way of pushing towards it.
Old May 27th 2021, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Likelihood of contracting COVID-19 after 2 doses of Pfizer vaccine: 5%
  • Polack FP; Thomas SJ; Kitchin N; et al.
Safety and efficacy of the BNT162b2 mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine. N Engl J Med. 2020; 383: 2603-2615

Likelihood of contracting COVID-19 after 2 doses of AstraZenica vaccine: 33%
  • Voysey M; Clemens SAC; Madhi SA; et al.
Safety and efficacy of the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine (AZD1222) against SARS-CoV-2: an interim analysis of four randomised controlled trials in Brazil, South Africa, and the UK.
Lancet. 2021; 397: 99-111
Old May 27th 2021, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abner
Likelihood of contracting COVID-19 after 2 doses of Pfizer vaccine: 5%
  • Polack FP; Thomas SJ; Kitchin N; et al.
Safety and efficacy of the BNT162b2 mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine. N Engl J Med. 2020; 383: 2603-2615

Likelihood of contracting COVID-19 after 2 doses of AstraZenica vaccine: 33%
  • Voysey M; Clemens SAC; Madhi SA; et al.
Safety and efficacy of the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine (AZD1222) against SARS-CoV-2: an interim analysis of four randomised controlled trials in Brazil, South Africa, and the UK.
Lancet. 2021; 397: 99-111
Perspective.
Old May 27th 2021, 11:24 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abner
Perspective.
Then there's this:
https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/cli...fizer-covid-va

The other thing to remember, according to my doctor friend, is that if you contract Wuhan flu after being fully vaccinated, it will be in a mild form, probably like a bad cold, that will not require hospitalisation

Hope this helps
Old May 27th 2021, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Amazulu
So, a pre-print, as opposed to a peer-reviewed article in Lancet, or the New England Journal of Medicine.

I'll wait for the real deal before I test my arm, so to speak.

And if your "doctor friend" actually characterised the illness as "Wuhan flu", I believe him even less. Clearly someone making a glib, politicized description of a serious disease rather than a sober medical one.

Last edited by abner; May 27th 2021 at 11:49 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.