Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Old May 23rd 2021, 1:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by louie
I knew I shouldn't have read this thread because it would annoy me....

I've had my AZ vaccination without a second thought because I wanted to play my part in protecting my community and getting back to a normal life.
Likewise. I want the chance to get out of here and see my family again, and I'm fairly sure that without the vaccine its not going to happen.
Old May 23rd 2021, 1:37 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by Beoz
Why do you need a cocktail? One now one in a few weeks, repeat again next year with undoubtedly altered vaccine and/or different brand.

Do you get the flu shot every year? If so how do you know the version last year was the same this year?
My wife and I haven't taken the annual flu jabs for years, not since 15 years or so ago when my dad had a severe reaction and nearly died. And strangely, without those annual jabs, I've rarely been ill with flu like symptoms and when I have they have never been bad. By cocktail I mean the C19 jabs which *could* quite easily end up being a string over time of different jabs to cover this or that "mutation". Other than that I have no particular standpoint on the C19 jabs at this moment in time other than my wife and I have decided we don't want the AZ ones.

I have a contact through a third party who is possibly the most knowledgeable authority on the subject here in Australia. I'll have to find out what is his opinion.
Old May 23rd 2021, 2:17 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I think the worst thing the PM could have done is tell us that even with the successful rollout of vaccines, borders are unlikely to open again.
Old May 23rd 2021, 2:22 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
I think the worst thing the PM could have done is tell us that even with the successful rollout of vaccines, borders are unlikely to open again.
He made a tit of himself with that statement so I think you'll find that that might not be the case - remembering that there's an election coming up too
Old May 23rd 2021, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Given he needs these borders open, I can only think he is trying to play it down. Given he has no control over the Anti AZ vaxxers, which are going to ruin it for everyone else and are selfishly affecting our ability to plan for open borders, he doesn't want to predict. Also he can't predict how vaccine rollouts are going in other parts of the world either. Anything more than a very conservative estimate would be foolish.
Old May 24th 2021, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I had my AZ Thursday - all good so far. The sooner we can get vaccinated, the sooner international borders open hopefully.
Meh, the feds have also told us that borders won't likely be open until mid-2022, and that timeframe corresponds with likely safe (non-quarantined) travel to anywhere I'd want to go by then. Vaccination by Pfizer or Moderna starting in October fits well within that timeframe.

Again, I'm not averse to Covid-19 vaccination. I just see no reason to accept the AZ one, when it isn't the most effective or the safest, and better alternatives exist. Especially so, when future--possibly annual--'booster shots' to handle Covid variants look like plausible future necessities, and the feds have only one candidate for those currently on order -- Moderna's.

Last edited by abner; May 24th 2021 at 6:52 am.
Old May 24th 2021, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abner
I just see no reason to accept the AZ one, when it isn't the most effective or the safest, and better alternatives exist..
Nothing is 100% safe. Nor is Covid for that matter. Here is an idea though, put yourself aside for a moment and just get it as part of the big picture of freedom.
Old May 24th 2021, 8:04 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Beoz
Nothing is 100% safe. Nor is Covid for that matter. Here is an idea though, put yourself aside for a moment and just get it as part of the big picture of freedom.
The freedom to choose which, when and whether to take the vaccine appears to me to be more valuable than this "big picture" of a freedom that is currently being withheld and expected to remain the case for another 12 months or so - whether we accept a vaccine now or not.
Old May 24th 2021, 8:10 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

My wife and I haven't taken the annual flu jabs for years, not since 15 years or so ago when my dad had a severe reaction and nearly died. And strangely, without those annual jabs, I've rarely been ill with flu like symptoms and when I have they have never been bad. By cocktail I mean the C19 jabs which *could* quite easily end up being a string over time of different jabs to cover this or that "mutation". Other than that I have no particular standpoint on the C19 jabs at this moment in time other than my wife and I have decided we don't want the AZ ones.

I have a contact through a third party who is possibly the most knowledgeable authority on the subject here in Australia. I'll have to find out what is his opinion.
Given that, I'm surprised you've flipped from AZ to Pfizer, since both that and Moderna carry the anaphylaxis risk
Old May 24th 2021, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The freedom to choose which, when and whether to take the vaccine appears to me to be more valuable than this "big picture" of a freedom that is currently being withheld and expected to remain the case for another 12 months or so - whether we accept a vaccine now or not.
You may not be saying that if you lived in Melbourne which given its track record of public control could be plunged into lockdown again this week. With a level of confidence that enough people are immune, such lockdowns can be avoided. Do you really want to wait 12 months to be in the clear of those?

Better put, let's not make it about you, let's make it about everyone. Does everyone want to live in fear of lockdown?

Of course not. Just get vaxxed and play your part.
Old May 24th 2021, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My word. I bet these 2 Queenslanders have had some confusing and conflicting conversations over the past year or so.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/healt...ders-c-2920012

Old May 24th 2021, 10:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Given that, I'm surprised you've flipped from AZ to Pfizer, since both that and Moderna carry the anaphylaxis risk
Indeed. I had a sever reaction to the whooping cough vaccine years ago, anaphylactic shock, had to be given CPR by an ambulance crew, Because of that I have always avoided the flu vaccine, and had to think hard about the COVID one. All the advice was that the risk of anaphylaxis was much greater with Pfizer (Moderna was not about then) so I just went straight for AZ,
As for the blood clot risk, I survived god knows how many years on the pill, and the benefits of getting AZ far outweighed the risk. Second jab in a few weeks,
Then we just wait for his majesty to release us from prison.
Old May 25th 2021, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Beoz is all about "others" copping it to support his view of the "big picture". I vividly recall his negative comments about hesistant teachers last year, when school shutdowns were in debate, and far less was known about the transmission characteristics of the virus.

I've long since put him on "Ignore", and only saw his comment via your reply to it. But I'd be curious to know whether he has ever stated that he's taken the AZ vaccine...it wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't.
Old May 25th 2021, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by abner
Beoz is all about "others" copping it to support his view of the "big picture". I vividly recall his negative comments about hesistant teachers last year, when school shutdowns were in debate, and far less was known about the transmission characteristics of the virus.

I've long since put him on "Ignore", and only saw his comment via your reply to it. But I'd be curious to know whether he has ever stated that he's taken the AZ vaccine...it wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't.
You aren't supposed to respond someone through someone else if you have someone on ignore. It defeats the purpose.

I will have either vaccine as said. Both have potential side effects. The reward for ALL far out weighs the risk to a few individuals including myself which I am prepared to wear for all. As it so happens, I had my first Pfizer jab yesterday, sore arm and very tired ..... but I contributed. That's what you should be doing. Contributing.
Old May 25th 2021, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

4-6 people per 1 million receive a thrombosis after AstraZeneca

Initial reports had Pfizer giving 4.7 people per million anaphylaxis but I believe that has increase quite significantly now.

Blood clots from the contraceptive pill are significantly higher. Light years higher.

This AZ fear mongering reporting needs to stop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.