Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Old Jul 21st 2021, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by Beoz
The lack of Pfizer vaccine means tens of thousands of people in high-risk areas could wait months before they can get a jab. The waning uptake of AstraZeneca was highlighted on Tuesday, when the Sydney Olympic Park vaccination hub gave 8295 Pfizer vaccinations and just 50 AstraZeneca.

Wow. This is not good for the oldies, the most vulnerable, the most likely to be hospitalised and die.

The oldies aren't going to be eligible for Pfizer, unless the ATAGI recommend it as preferred for above 60's. This is unlikely to happen, in fact, the ATAGI are more likely to recommend AstraZeneca for the under 40's next.

The ATAGI advice has really screwed this up for Australia. I can't see Syd Melb and Adelaide getting out of lockdown before Xmas without one of the Premiers biting the bullet and giving a deadline. "You have 2 months to get a shot or 2, we are letting rip". Let's hope so.

There's a small but increasing likelyhood that if the NHemp's weather events start to happen here this summer then Covid may find itself relegated to inside pages of the Papers and off the headlines of the news. Nothing like 50 Degree temps for Sydney, Adelaide, Perth and Melbourne or maybe a Sydney Cyclone to change peoples focus.

Tassie looks nice

Old Jul 21st 2021, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
There's a small but increasing likelyhood that if the NHemp's weather events start to happen here this summer then Covid may find itself relegated to inside pages of the Papers and off the headlines of the news. Nothing like 50 Degree temps for Sydney, Adelaide, Perth and Melbourne or maybe a Sydney Cyclone to change peoples focus.
Tassie looks nice
For sure. The media here have killed off the vaccine roll out and keep pumping up fear and anxiety. There is supposed to be a construction pause here at the moment, which is a joke at best. The big noticeable sites are down but those who can work behind closed doors are going nuts. Cabinet makers for example, shut the roller door and off you go. The police can't control it. They are putting in their claims for government assistance and will invoice in September/October. Tradies from sites are now doing cash jobs while claiming their govt handout. Perfect time to get a tradie in if you need some home trade done. Cheap cash jobs.

It would be worse out west.

Delta is here to stay. Game over. Let it rip and let the states keep their borders up. Queensland can't rely on itself for ever and Queensland desperately needs NSW and Vic.

Last edited by Beoz; Jul 21st 2021 at 9:40 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2021, 11:18 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 22nd 2021, 1:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
15 months of chasing zeros was a fine effort. Its now game over.

The delta strain was born out of the original strains mutating hard to penetrating Indians who were largely resistant to the original strain.

Somewhere in the third world, the Gamma strain is brewing right now.

NSW is now telling under 40's to go get AstraZeneca
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 2:47 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

The oldies aren't going to be eligible for Pfizer, unless the ATAGI recommend it as preferred for above 60's. This is unlikely to happen, in fact, the ATAGI are more likely to recommend AstraZeneca for the under 40's next.
Actually a couple of months ago, Greg Hunt stood up and said by the end of the year, there would be enough supply mRNA vaccines for 'every Australian'. So the Health Minister has encouraged 'the oldies' to hold off.

Reported today 2 new TTS deaths after 1st dose of AZ...both recipients in their 40s. Don't read this as anti-AZ...it's not.
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 3:12 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Reported today 2 new TTS deaths after 1st dose of AZ...both recipients in their 40s. Don't read this as anti-AZ...it's not.
Out of 6 million doses, not bad odds.
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 3:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Actually a couple of months ago, Greg Hunt stood up and said by the end of the year, there would be enough supply mRNA vaccines for 'every Australian'. So the Health Minister has encouraged 'the oldies' to hold off.

Looks you buying into the media nonsense? The odds and the facts are stacked against you.

Not a single double vaxxed person is in ICU in NSW. Where would these people be if they had AZ? The odds suggest not in ICU nor dead.

A couple of months ago is a long time in the pandemic. Yet the ATAGI advice remains the same. Where the reward outweighs the risk take AZ. Unless you want to hermit for the next 6 months, the reward for most is outweighing the risk and the risk has shifted dramatically. It wasn't a race. It is now.

Delta will hit Queensland. No doubt. WA, Tasmania and NT can probably avoid it due to the sheer isolation. With QLD in the mix, thats most of the population down.

AZ as it was back then is the only way forward. Don't be shy.

Last edited by Beoz; Jul 22nd 2021 at 3:38 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 3:58 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Looks you buying into the media nonsense?
What part of my post was non-factual?
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 6:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I didn't say your post was non factual. I said the facts were stacked against you, or specifically your argument against AstraZeneca
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing at all.

The Greg Hunt statements you referenced demonstrated to me, at the time, that AZ's vaccine was toast in terms of the feds forward reliance on it. From a personal standpoint, that meant I wouldn't need to hold out for long, to get an mRNA-based option instead of AZ.

Shortly thereafter, ATAGI put a bough on it by recommending my 50 - 59 age group be recommended for Pfizer instead. I booked for Pfizer 20 minutes after that announcement...

I've long since put Beoz on 'ignore', but occasionally see his input quoted by others. And it's worth noting three things, when it comes to his unstinting criticism of others for not taking the AZ jabs:
  • His constant refrain, when it comes to those who are hesistant about taking the AZ vaccine, as opposed to willingness to take the Pfizer (or Moderna) jabs is, "it's not about you". As if that was a compelling argument from someone who otherwise consistently registers on the "rugged individualist" right-wing of the Australian political spectrum.
  • He is himself, apparently, two-jab vaccinated. With, um, Pfizer.
  • From one of his own posts, as quoted by ozzieeagle above, he recognises that: "The waning uptake of AstraZeneca was highlighted on Tuesday, when the Sydney Olympic Park vaccination hub gave 8295 Pfizer vaccinations and just 50 AstraZeneca.
It seems he's recognised that people have voted with their feet, rather decisively.

But I'm just not sure which part of the AZ dead horse he wants to stop beating first...?
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 6:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by abner
Nothing at all.

The Greg Hunt statements you referenced demonstrated to me, at the time, that AZ's vaccine was toast in terms of the feds forward reliance on it. From a personal standpoint, that meant I wouldn't need to hold out for long, to get an mRNA-based option instead of AZ.

Shortly thereafter, ATAGI put a bough on it by recommending my 50 - 59 age group be recommended for Pfizer instead. I booked for Pfizer 20 minutes after that announcement...

I've long since put Beoz on 'ignore', but occasionally see his input quoted by others. And it's worth noting three things, when it comes to his unstinting criticism of others for not taking the AZ jabs:
  • His constant refrain, when it comes to those who are hesistant about taking the AZ vaccine, as opposed to willingness to take the Pfizer (or Moderna) jabs is, "it's not about you". As if that was a compelling argument from someone who otherwise consistently registers on the "rugged individualist" right-wing of the Australian political spectrum.
  • He is himself, apparently, two-jab vaccinated. With, um, Pfizer.
  • From one of his own posts, as quoted by ozzieeagle above, he recognises that: "The waning uptake of AstraZeneca was highlighted on Tuesday, when the Sydney Olympic Park vaccination hub gave 8295 Pfizer vaccinations and just 50 AstraZeneca.
It seems he's recognised that people have voted with their feet, rather decisively.

But I'm just not sure which part of the AZ dead horse he wants to stop beating first...?
Ah its the me me me rising again.

I applied to be jabbed, promptly and early to be part of the solution. It could have been the Chinese vaccine for all I care. I have been enough nasties in my body over time not to care too much. Its all about the numbers and percentage for the greater good. I went and got jabbed x 2. I was done at 3% while you were whining about the grass being greener.

What you did was atrocious. You screamed, quibbled, complained, blamed others, that the jab you were offered was not good enough based on nothing other than awful media coverage. That is reprehensible behavior. You should feel shamed given there are 76,595 people under 40 who have gone off on their own to get AstraZeneca. I certainly would have had I been under 40.

AstraZeneca available in pharmacies from mid August. Can't be that bad.

Last edited by Beoz; Jul 22nd 2021 at 6:14 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 7:49 am
Frequent Flyer Member

I didn't say your post was non factual. I said the facts were stacked against you, or specifically your argument against AstraZeneca
The only fact I stated was that 2 TTS deaths were reported today. There was no argument, and I can't see how the facts are stacked against me when this is info reported by the TGA.

Anyone that was fun. Can see you haven't changed. See you in a few months!
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 8:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

I see Bozo is still a pratt.

I've got to have my 2nd AZ jab in Port hedland, they've only just finished their rollout of the smallpox vaccine FFS.
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The only fact I stated was that 2 TTS deaths were reported today. There was no argument, and I can't see how the facts are stacked against me when this is info reported by the TGA.

Anyone that was fun. Can see you haven't changed. See you in a few months!
No I don't change when people are trying to undermined the vaccine numbers. Not just Covid but so many implications to people lives hinge on on the numbers. Seriously, was that what you were trying to do?
Old Jul 23rd 2021, 12:41 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Maybe it's good for the gene pool if those people don't get vaccinated.
There was a long ranting post on our local area FB page about a "Freedom Rally"
To sum it up Bill Gates & Anthony Fauci combined their resources and Fauci went of to Wuhan to create a virus to control the world population at the behest of the "New World Order". They also created a deadly vaccine and bribed people to take it. The "sheep" lined up to take the vaccine and will all die soon leaving only those hard line conspiracy theorists, anti vaxxers and anarchists.

I've been banned from said group for asking why any government in the world, never mind a New World Order would possibly want to kill off those in society that are easily manipulated into taking a vaccine, those who conform to government mandates without question, leaving behind a rag tag bunch of conspiracy nutjobs, anarchists, non conformists & anti government militants.
They even deleted my post yet the hypocritical twonks are protesting about their right to have freedom of
speech.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.