Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Old Jun 30th 2021, 9:19 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by Beoz
How much Pfizer is due in?
From what I've read, 2.8m in July and 40 million by the end of the year. 51m Novavax and 10m Moderna (plus 15m boosters next year). Plus a shit ton of AZ - which is probably now not going to be purchased
Old Jun 30th 2021, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by Amazulu
From what I've read, 2.8m in July and 40 million by the end of the year. 51m Novavax and 10m Moderna (plus 15m boosters next year). Plus a shit ton of AZ - which is probably now not going to be purchased
So not enough in a timeframe to prevent ongoing lockdowns for the rest of this year, and into next. Let's be honest, zero is a pipe dream for McGowan, Andrews, and Palacow. Then once we have 70% vaxxed, how are they going to explain to their subjects that the vaccines don't create zero. Oh the next 6 months will be so much fun. Thank goodness Sydney lockdowns are lockdown lite. All shops open, beaches, golf, no distance from home restrictions (except going to the regions.)

Last edited by Beoz; Jun 30th 2021 at 10:46 am.
Old Jun 30th 2021, 2:12 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

So not enough in a timeframe to prevent ongoing lockdowns for the rest of this year, and into next. Let's be honest, zero is a pipe dream for McGowan, Andrews, and Palacow. Then once we have 70% vaxxed, how are they going to explain to their subjects that the vaccines don't create zero. Oh the next 6 months will be so much fun. Thank goodness Sydney lockdowns are lockdown lite. All shops open, beaches, golf, no distance from home restrictions (except going to the regions.)
There will be more than enough to do everyone this year

Old Jun 30th 2021, 10:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
But with the longer 12 week wait between shots you might not get the population fully vaccinated that much quicker at this stage (with the Pfizer due in the next few months).

I had the AZ back in April, but would have been fully vaccinated now if I waited a bit longer for the Pfizer.
Hold on. There is a 4-12 werk gap between first and second AZ. You should have had your second now. Why are you holding out? All medical advise is get your second AZ.

Assuming you are over 50 given you have had AZ. The guidelines for Pfizer to be given 50-60's occurred on the 21 June.

Even if you were first in the door you would be stiill waiting for your second Pfizer as that is a 6 week gap.

How do you figure you would be fully vaxxed on Pfizer?
Old Jun 30th 2021, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There will be more than enough to do everyone this year
6 months is too long.

ATAGI statement on AstraZeneca 21 June

ATAGI acknowledges the difficulty in balancing the small risk of a clinically significant adverse event related to vaccination with COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca against the need to protect individuals and the community against the ongoing threat of COVID-19, together with ongoing limitations and uncertainties about the supply of alternative COVID-19 vaccines. ATAGI emphasises that this advice is specific to the context that there is currently no or limited community transmission in most of Australia and would be different in other countries.

For the next 6 months, those clowns in Queensland are advocating lockdowns as the weapon rather than vaccines.

Last edited by Beoz; Jun 30th 2021 at 10:47 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2021, 10:56 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Hold on. There is a 4-12 werk gap between first and second AZ. You should have had your second now. Why are you holding out? All medical advise is get your second AZ.
Assuming you are over 50 given you have had AZ. The guidelines for Pfizer to be given 50-60's occurred on the 21 June.
Even if you were first in the door you would be stiill waiting for your second Pfizer as that is a 6 week gap.
How do you figure you would be fully vaxxed on Pfizer?
They book you in 12 weeks after the first jab so I'm due next week, and I'm 45.

I probably could had had the Pfizer but it was hard to get back in April, I would have had to drive to the city which is probably more of a risk then the blood clots, and I don't like to pay for city parking.

Old Jun 30th 2021, 10:58 pm

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

My friends in British Columbia are getting 1st shot Pfizer and 2nd shot Moderna. Seems to be the policy there
My friend in Brisbane had the Pfizer second shot after the AZ first dose, it was recommended by her doctor because if the high efficacy (she has underlying health conditions), I was really surprised.
Old Jun 30th 2021, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

My friend in Brisbane had the Pfizer second shot after the AZ first dose, it was recommended by her doctor because if the high efficacy (she has underlying health conditions), I was really surprised.
This is interesting, I'm one AZ in, wouldn't mind a Pfizer just for the time element.

Old Jun 30th 2021, 11:48 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Cool, and I agree, but I was alluding to the fact that he's trying to game the system. I hope it works but WA's notorious bureaucracy (which is no different from the rest of the country) may have other ideas!

My friends in Canada have had 1st & 2nd jabs from different manufacturers
Old Jun 30th 2021, 11:50 pm
Proudly Deplorable

6 months is too long.
6 months will what it will be considering how slow and inefficient our governments are at doing anything really

Saying that, we are starting to see a ramp up in vaccination. We'll get there

I'm not a fan of lockdowns but people have voted for these governments, so they will live and die by what they do/don't do. Democracy in action basically

Last edited by Amazulu; Jun 30th 2021 at 11:54 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2021, 11:51 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
This is interesting, I'm one AZ in, wouldn't mind a Pfizer just for the time element.
See if the system will let you book it - that's what my friend did
Old Jun 30th 2021, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
It was 12 weeks after the first shot. I'm not sure if anyone knows what the rules are round this, I think you would have to have a good reason.
Old Jul 1st 2021, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

yakkiebush is an unknown quantity at this point

Reading all this bs .seems like Australia has lost the plot of what’s happening outside its waters.
Just saying
Old Jul 1st 2021, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

6 months will what it will be considering how slow and inefficient our governments are at doing anything really

Saying that, we are starting to see a ramp up in vaccination. We'll get there

I'm not a fan of lockdowns but people have voted for these governments, so they will live and die by what they do/don't do. Democracy in action basically
We are seeing a ramp up. GP's are being flooded here with under 40's wanting AZ. Good on them. A bunch of my wife's team under 40 have secured their AZ booking. Some have had first shot this week. It's great news. Let's hope the Queenslanders are going to be able to have their own choice on AZ because their government seems insistent lockdowns are better.
Old Jul 1st 2021, 2:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by yakkiebush
Reading all this bs .seems like Australia has lost the plot of what’s happening outside its waters.
Just saying
Inbred Australia. This happens when you build walls of control.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.