Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Old Jul 23rd 2021, 2:59 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by cresta57
There was a long ranting post on our local area FB page about a "Freedom Rally"
To sum it up Bill Gates & Anthony Fauci combined their resources and Fauci went of to Wuhan to create a virus to control the world population at the behest of the "New World Order". They also created a deadly vaccine and bribed people to take it. The "sheep" lined up to take the vaccine and will all die soon leaving only those hard line conspiracy theorists, anti vaxxers and anarchists.

I've been banned from said group for asking why any government in the world, never mind a New World Order would possibly want to kill off those in society that are easily manipulated into taking a vaccine, those who conform to government mandates without question, leaving behind a rag tag bunch of conspiracy nutjobs, anarchists, non conformists & anti government militants.
They even deleted my post yet the hypocritical twonks are protesting about their right to have freedom of
speech.
Sadly its not just your redneck area that believes this rubbish. Its State-wide
Old Jul 24th 2021, 11:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

There are plenty in London as well.

Old Jul 25th 2021, 10:44 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
There was a long ranting post on our local area FB page about a "Freedom Rally"
To sum it up Bill Gates & Anthony Fauci combined their resources and Fauci went of to Wuhan to create a virus to control the world population at the behest of the "New World Order". They also created a deadly vaccine and bribed people to take it. The "sheep" lined up to take the vaccine and will all die soon leaving only those hard line conspiracy theorists, anti vaxxers and anarchists.

I've been banned from said group for asking why any government in the world, never mind a New World Order would possibly want to kill off those in society that are easily manipulated into taking a vaccine, those who conform to government mandates without question, leaving behind a rag tag bunch of conspiracy nutjobs, anarchists, non conformists & anti government militants.
They even deleted my post yet the hypocritical twonks are protesting about their right to have freedom of
speech.

I think we might get to the point where we need to roll out the Ebola vaccine, then release Ebola into the community. No more more anti vaxxers
Old Jul 25th 2021, 11:40 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

While I'm certainly no anti-vaxxer and am a strong believer in science and its betterment of society, I also believe in freedom of choice and the right of people to disagree and protest as such

Each to their own

I'm getting my second jab on Wednesday
Old Jul 26th 2021, 12:09 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
While I'm certainly no anti-vaxxer and am a strong believer in science and its betterment of society, I also believe in freedom of choice and the right of people to disagree and protest as such

Each to their own

I'm getting my second jab on Wednesday
Had my second AZ on Wednesday.
Had no reaction at all to the first one, but the second one has left me feeling like I've been hit by a truck. Friday and Saturday were a write-off - fever, chills, strange feeling of being disconnected from the world, Managed to get up Saturday afternoon and promptly fainted (which I haven't done for years!). Feeling a bit less spaced out now, but I still have no appetite, haven't eaten anything substantial since Friday morning.
Old Jul 26th 2021, 12:32 am

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Had no reaction at all to the first one, but the second one has left me feeling like I've been hit by a truck. Friday and Saturday were a write-off - fever, chills, strange feeling of being disconnected from the world, Managed to get up Saturday afternoon and promptly fainted (which I haven't done for years!). Feeling a bit less spaced out now, but I still have no appetite, haven't eaten anything substantial since Friday morning.
I was a bit rough after the first, with fever etc.
Second was much easier, just a bit tired on the day.
Old Jul 26th 2021, 1:03 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by themerlin
I was a bit rough after the first, with fever etc.
Second was much easier, just a bit tired on the day.
Thats like what I expected, everyone reckoned the first jab is the worst, but I had to go and buck the trend!!
Old Jul 26th 2021, 1:05 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that and I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. A doctor told me at the vaccination centre that a reaction is a good thing as it shows your immune system is doing its job. Anyway, you're done now so onwards and upwards

My first knocked me about so I'm hoping the second won't, but it's not unheard of to get a reaction to both
Old Jul 26th 2021, 1:16 am

Thats like what I expected, everyone reckoned the first jab is the worst, but I had to go and buck the trend!!
The second jab was much quicker, lots of phone calls and people covered arses when I had my first.
Old Jul 26th 2021, 2:35 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Agree in principle, but people have to realise that there could be consequences for their choices. For me, I think a date should be set for everyone to have been offered and accepted a vaccine (once the Feds have sorted out their supply management issues), and if you refuse a vaccine, except under professionally advised and certified medical circumstances, and you subsequently contract Covid, you pay for your own medical treatment and anyone's that you pass it on to. Just the same as any choices we make in life, there could be good or bad consequences.
Old Jul 26th 2021, 3:09 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer
Agree in principle, but people have to realise that there could be consequences for their choices. For me, I think a date should be set for everyone to have been offered and accepted a vaccine (once the Feds have sorted out their supply management issues), and if you refuse a vaccine, except under professionally advised and certified medical circumstances, and you subsequently contract Covid, you pay for your own medical treatment and anyone's that you pass it on to. Just the same as any choices we make in life, there could be good or bad consequences.
I sort of agree but we're going to reach a point, probably towards the end of this year, where those who refuse to get vaccinated are going to hold up the reopening of our internal and international borders. Our economy and society are going to need that reopening, so anyone refusing to get jabbed is going to have to bear the consequences - although I don't believe that they should pay for care themselves. We live in a country that has Medicare for all, whatever your income or status and that system works. Excluding people from it would be hugely problematic and government overreach. We already live in a highly regulated nanny state and this would just be more of that. We either have a free at point of use medical system for everyone or we have it for nobody

Other countries are grappling with this too - I was reading today about the same problem in the US and Germany

Last edited by Amazulu; Jul 26th 2021 at 3:18 am.
Old Jul 26th 2021, 3:56 am

I think having a vaccine passport that is required before you can fly or do other tasks will be enough for most people.
Old Jul 26th 2021, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Then you'd have to do the same for smokers, alcoholics, junk-food junkies, those who expose themselves to the sun for no valid reason, those who drive, those who get lost in the wilderness, those who swim at a beach, etc., etc., etc.

I'm all for CoVID vaccination (and I certainly copped some unwarranted abuse earlier in this thread, even from a certain moderator, for holding out for the best available CoVID vaccine option).

But driving anti-vaxxers away from the healthcare system if they get sick, by telling them they'll have to pick up the tab for medical treatment, would be decidedly counter-productive.

Last edited by abner; Jul 26th 2021 at 8:10 am.
Old Jul 26th 2021, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

This type of approach is certainly gaining steam in Sydney at least. As of the weekend, every 18+ has now been offered a vaccine since the ATAGI changed its guidance.

I was in the doctors this morning for another matter and I asked if they had any AstraZeneca. I think he assumed I was asking for a shot (which I wouldn't mind testing - keen to know if 2 Pfizer and 1 AZ has the same benefits of 1 Pfizer and 1 AZ) and he went though the spiel. However it wasn't really a risk v benefit spiel I was expecting. He said his fridge is full of AZ, then he launched a tirade on the medical "experts" who get themselves up on the TV everyday, he said he has had so many 18-30 year old seeking depression help, then he went on to say how we aren't going back to zeros and its the only way out, and that he's had both shots and he can't understand this and that ................ obviously its hit a nerve. I had to jump in a say I was just curious if you had it in the fridges, and I wasn't sure it was well advertised that it was available at GP's. Certainly something the government should be making much clearer.
Old Jul 26th 2021, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
I think having a vaccine passport that is required before you can fly or do other tasks will be enough for most people.
Simple things too. Going to an AFL or NRL game. Seeing a concert. Show the vax passport. Private industry can enforce this with government financial support paying for the checks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.