Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Old Jun 3rd 2021, 9:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by abner
Sorry, where has that been demonstrated, from a high-quality, peer-reviewed source...??
I'm simply explaining why they're focusing on the SA variant and saying it's nothing to do with being 'late' as you so confidently asserted. Suffice it to say that your views on the vaccine and risks of Covid are very different to mine, but I'm not getting in to an argument over it.
Old Jun 4th 2021, 1:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Getting close to 50 here, not getting any of the jabs on current evidence.

I like my current blood thickness and why would I want to pollute this immaculate temple?
So that's vote for the me me me's rather than the herd?
Old Jun 4th 2021, 2:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/unca...er-second-jab/
Old Jun 4th 2021, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I'm simply explaining why they're focusing on the SA variant and saying it's nothing to do with being 'late' as you so confidently asserted.
Let's compare 'confident assertions' here. I was riffing on the expression "a day late and a [dollar] short", in a casual manner that would have been obvious to most observers. AZ's behaviour has resembled that expression in both respects:

They developed the original vaccine quickly enough, but went--ah, how shall we put this--too far ahead of major regulator evaluation and acceptance procedures in publicising their nascent success...
  • They went seriously offside with the FDA (the AZ vaccine still isn't approved in the US, which is why Biden is willing to give away its contracted AZ doses to other countries)
  • They also encountered significant certification delays in other countries (even with the EU) for similar reasons.
  • The in-the-field efficacy figures never did match original over-amped claims from the trial phases.
  • Their initial response to the blood-clotting complications was dismissive, until various national authorities hauled them up on it, and began withdrawing the vaccine as an allowed option for identified risk groups, e.g. under-50s in Australia.
    • Mind you,of the most recent 8 vaccine-related clotting cases identified by the TGA in Australia, 7 are well over 50, as reported on news.com.au yesterday.
    • (Aside: If that led to a reconsideration of eligibility for the Pfizer vaccine in my age group here, I'd be front of the line tomorrow.)
As for which variants to develop against, I understand that the AZ vaccine is regarded as particularly ineffective against the "Beta" variant (a.k.a. B.1.351, a.k.a. South African variant), so that's a logical hole to fill in the AZ vaccine's range of competence.
  • But the B.1.161.X line (3 different sub-variants, all first identified in India...) is of the most immediate concern because they seem to share high transmissibility characteristics.
    • B.1.161.1 (Kappa) is of most immediate concern to Australia (hence my comment in relation to VIC), due to apparent greatly enhanced transmissibility via even "casual contact" aerosol transmission.
    • B.1.161.2 (Delta) is of most immediate concern in Singapore, not only because of greater transmissibility generally, but because of a higher susceptibility rate for children.
Meanwhile, you've made a "confident assertion", christmasoompa, that "the current AZ vaccine ... already gives good protection against the Kappa variant".

But you've declined a polite invitation to back it up.

Last edited by abner; Jun 4th 2021 at 4:17 am.
Old Jun 4th 2021, 9:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 7th 2021, 1:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This woman is a piece of work. Stalling her AZ shot, firstly claiming its unsafe, then "oh I need a flu jab", now its a jolly to Tokyo so only Pfizer works with the timeframe. My word QLD. How on earth to you put up with her?

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...07-p57yng.html
Old Jun 7th 2021, 1:29 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
This woman is a piece of work. Stalling her AZ shot, firstly claiming its unsafe, then "oh I need a flu jab", now its a jolly to Tokyo so only Pfizer works with the timeframe. My word QLD. How on earth to you put up with her?
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...07-p57yng.html
Maybe it's because she is going to Tokyo? Although it's not a great look, she could at least some Pfizer in the AZ vile.
I think Jeannette is still getting the AZ at least.
Old Jun 7th 2021, 2:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by themerlin
Maybe it's because she is going to Tokyo? Although it's not a great look, she could at least some Pfizer in the AZ vile.
I think Jeannette is still getting the AZ at least.
That's what I said - Tokyo. Still doesn't explained why she gave the flu jab priority over the AZ jab. Oh yes it does - she was avoiding AZ at all costs, me me me, forget the herd. I expect nothing better from this horrible woman.
Old Jun 7th 2021, 3:19 am

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I said - Tokyo. Still doesn't explained why she gave the flu jab priority over the AZ jab. Oh yes it does - she was avoiding AZ at all costs, me me me, forget the herd. I expect nothing better from this horrible woman.
What I meant was that maybe she had a valid reason, I think even if she didn't have the flu vaccine the date for the AZ jab wouldn't work.
I had my first shot in April and the second is July (which is the date for the games)
Old Jun 7th 2021, 6:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What I meant was that maybe she had a valid reason, I think even if she didn't have the flu vaccine the date for the AZ jab wouldn't work.
I had my first shot in April and the second is July (which is the date for the games)
She's been eligible since late March for AZ and delayed via a constant stream of awful excuses. The best one was for the flu jab in which the medical powers state it should not take priority over the Covid jab. She is just a horrible person.
Old Jun 7th 2021, 6:10 am

She is just a horrible person.
I can see your not a member of her fan club, did she run your dog over or something
Old Jun 7th 2021, 7:32 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abner
.......Aside: If that led to a reconsideration of eligibility for the Pfizer vaccine in my age group here, I'd be front of the line tomorrow........
Would you though? Or would it be but, but, but Pfizer can cause anaphylaxis......but, but, but Pfizer can cause enlarged heart ..... but, but, but ......etc
Old Jun 7th 2021, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can see your not a member of her fan club, did she run your dog over or something
You are right. Not a fan. She massages reasons for her decisions with nonsense spin. No dog or something.
Old Jun 7th 2021, 11:17 am

You are right. Not a fan. She massages reasons for her decisions with nonsense spin. No dog or something.
Just for you https://chaser.com.au/general-news/a...tnjyE9RB08Mu_0
Old Jun 7th 2021, 9:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.