Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Old May 27th 2021, 12:00 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by abner
So, a pre-print, as opposed to a peer-reviewed article in Lancet, or the New England Journal of Medicine.

I'll wait for the real deal before I test my arm, so to speak.

And if your "doctor friend" actually characterised the illness as "Wuhan flu", I believe him even less. Clearly someone making a glib, politicized description of a serious disease rather than a sober medical one.
Chill turbo. I call it Wuhan flu (or Kung flu or China flu) not him (but you knew that really). Why? Because I can
Do what you've gotta champ, zero shits given on my part
Old May 27th 2021, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Last edited by abner; May 27th 2021 at 12:36 pm.
Old May 27th 2021, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Chill turbo. I call it Wuhan flu (or Kung flu or China flu) not him (but you knew that really). Why? Because I can
Do what you've gotta champ, zero shits given on my part
I'm sure he's happy to see you misrepresent his views. And since you've done that once, who knows what they actually are, based on your representation...

Do you actually have a "doctor friend", Amazulu?

Last edited by abner; May 27th 2021 at 12:29 pm.
Old May 27th 2021, 1:22 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Got a call offering me the AZ, accepted happily, will get the second next month. Had absolutely no side effects at all. The husband had his first AZ last week and felt a little fluey for a couple of days but nothing worth talking about - other than saying he felt a bit off. My eldest daughter - 28 - had her first AZ in the UK a couple of months ago, just before they decided her age group shouldn't have it. However whereas everyone was getting a choice of Pfizer or AZ, she had to have the AZ because of her Epilepsy. She said she felt like crap and was laid out for four days but bearing in mind she's the only neurotic member of my entire family, I kind of took that with a pinch of salt. The risk of clotting is minimal in the grand scheme of things.

The number of idiotic people about saying they'd rather take their chance with COVID rather than having a simple jab seriously pisses me off. One colleague has a daughter in the US and is adamant she's not having any 'poison' put in her. So presumably she's happy not seeing her daughter any time soon.

What is crazy (amongst a lot of things this government have done) is that my UK nephew managed to get a trip over here to see his son. He's had both doses and tested negative prior to flying over. He was then in quarantine for a fortnight once here. Why on earth did he need a fortnight? Surely a negative test three days in would have been enough to release him to freedom?
Old May 27th 2021, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mammabear
Husband and I have both had our first AZ vaccinations, neither of us have had any issues.
Most people I know here in the UK (all ages and some with minor ailments) have had the AZ and are fine, I had the pzier (2 doses) and felt fine as well, I'd rather be vaccinated.tham have covid (I have seen up close how terrible it can be)
Old May 28th 2021, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
The number of idiotic people about saying they'd rather take their chance with COVID rather than having a simple jab seriously pisses me off. One colleague has a daughter in the US and is adamant she's not having any 'poison' put in her. So presumably she's happy not seeing her daughter any time soon.
You do realise that this is a thread about vaccine preference, rather than vaccine hesistancy or avoidance, don't you?

And that characterising people as 'idiotic' for not following your choices in the matter is unlikely to be a persuasive argument? Even from a moderator?

Last edited by abner; May 28th 2021 at 2:45 am.
Old May 28th 2021, 3:40 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

You do realise that this is a thread about vaccine preference, rather than vaccine hesistancy or avoidance, don't you?

And that characterising people as 'idiotic' for not following your choices in the matter is unlikely to be a persuasive argument? Even from a moderator?
I was thinking that too. The tut tut brigade strikes again.
Old May 28th 2021, 4:26 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure he's happy to see you misrepresent his views. And since you've done that once, who knows what they actually are, based on your representation...

Do you actually have a "doctor friend", Amazulu?
I explained that they were my terms but you chose to ignore that - anything else is you being pedantic or in your head only

You decide if I have a "doctor friend" - your issue not mine

What's going on here? I posted a perfectly reasonable link to your post yet you decided to get arsy and take issue with it. Bizarre but that's your indaba - do whatever floats your boat​​​​​​​
Old May 28th 2021, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Then there's this:
https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/cli...fizer-covid-va

The other thing to remember, according to my doctor friend, is that if you contract Wuhan flu after being fully vaccinated, it will be in a mild form, probably like a bad cold, that will not require hospitalisation

Hope this helps
And more importantly for the wider population, you are less infectious.

Get vaxxed no matter what you are offered.
Old May 28th 2021, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

I explained that they were my terms.
Let's be clear here.

You put in your own inflammatory characterisation of a serious disease, and attributed those comments to somebody else.

You were called out for doing so, and later admitted that you had.

Really, what credibility do you have left in commenting on the topic?

Last edited by abner; May 28th 2021 at 5:01 am.
Old May 28th 2021, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Victorians are swamping vaccine centres. Nothing like a bit of Covid fear to promote a bit of vaccining. Kind of a kin to recently where the fear mongering was promoting anti AZ. A few more outbreaks and our vaxxing numbers should be well up there.
Old May 28th 2021, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Got a call offering me the AZ, accepted happily, will get the second next month. Had absolutely no side effects at all. The husband had his first AZ last week and felt a little fluey for a couple of days but nothing worth talking about - other than saying he felt a bit off. My eldest daughter - 28 - had her first AZ in the UK a couple of months ago, just before they decided her age group shouldn't have it. However whereas everyone was getting a choice of Pfizer or AZ, she had to have the AZ because of her Epilepsy. She said she felt like crap and was laid out for four days but bearing in mind she's the only neurotic member of my entire family, I kind of took that with a pinch of salt. The risk of clotting is minimal in the grand scheme of things.

What is crazy (amongst a lot of things this government have done) is that my UK nephew managed to get a trip over here to see his son. He's had both doses and tested negative prior to flying over. He was then in quarantine for a fortnight once here. Why on earth did he need a fortnight? Surely a negative test three days in would have been enough to release him to freedom?
Your choice of course. Not for me or partner though. That is our choice. Blood clotting being relevant on the mother's side of her family. I suspect most people will finally take the vaccine when feel confident enough to do so. I mean Australia most unlikely to cope with any serious outbreak, if anything like the WA health system. Why wouldn't you? Just not the AZ jab. .
Old May 28th 2021, 1:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who says they would rather take their chances with COVID than a vaccine is idiotic. You disagree, that's your right. Oh and I haven't been a moderator for a long time. Do keep up. Even if I was, I'm still entitled to an opinion even if it's one you disagree with.
Old May 28th 2021, 2:15 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Your choice of course. Not for me or partner though. That is our choice. Blood clotting being relevant on the mother's side of her family. I suspect most people will finally take the vaccine when feel confident enough to do so. I mean Australia most unlikely to cope with any serious outbreak, if anything like the WA health system. Why wouldn't you? Just not the AZ jab. .

Old May 29th 2021, 12:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by the troubadour
My word. How insular. Let others do the testing for you. What an arse you are.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/vict...28-p57vzp.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.