Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Are you a Tea or Coffee person?

Are you a Tea or Coffee person?

Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:24 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you a Tea or Coffee person?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
He did look a bt scared And he has met the vicious dogs, three Jack Russells, one of which has bitten me twice, bad enough to draw blood, little b&gger.
I hate those nippy little bastards, when I were a lass all the estate blokes went through a phase of having them (bit like the neds with their Staffies of today) only the JR's were evil nasty vindictive little ****ers, Staffies are lovely.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:24 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
I'm a coffee drinker. Coffee, coffee and more coffee. Espresso with a sugar in it, latte without. None of that instant shite either - I'll sweep up the contents of the cat's tray, bake it, grind it and pour water over it if I ever feel the urge to drink Nescafe again. I cannot stand the small of tea, let alone the the taste of it. Would rather gargle warm piss out of a drunk tramp's knob than have a 'cuppa'.

The missus, however, loves her tea. Builders tea. The stronger the better. Yorkshire in preference. Let it soak and then muller the bag against the side of the mug (yea, mug, not cup you soft southern ponce) with a spoon or (given that we empty the dishwasher roughly once every month) your thumb. Oh and on taking the first swig, it's obligatory to let out a large, 'ahhhh' sound.
Haha, I'm like that with Nescafe but it's free at work, so being Scottish I drink it!
Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:27 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Haha, I'm like that with Nescafe but it's free at work, so being Scottish I drink it!
if Ida known how 'scruffy' you really are, I wouldn't have bought TWO jars of squillion dollar coffee (after the first one rolled outa the boot and smashed onto the drive ).
Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
if Ida known how 'scruffy' you really are, I wouldn't have bought TWO jars of squillion dollar coffee (after the first one rolled outa the boot and smashed onto the drive ).
Bet G is still getting stick for that!!
Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:33 am

Bet G is still getting stick for that!!
Quite right too
Old Jul 5th 2010, 8:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I hate those nippy little bastards, when I were a lass all the estate blokes went through a phase of having them (bit like the neds with their Staffies of today) only the JR's were evil nasty vindictive little ****ers, Staffies are lovely.
You've got to try a chihuahua tongue right up your nostril. Nearly licks your brain!!
Old Jul 5th 2010, 8:32 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

And what's wrong with Nescafe?

We were entertaining guests a while back and towards the end served tea and coffee. We'd run out of ground coffee so I made up a glass pot of Nescafe. I was going to tell them sorry, Nescafe is all we have (honest) but before I could do so some had already poured theirs and taken a sip. Then one of them said "Oooh, posh coffee!". I didn't have the heart to tell them the truth after that - and nobody noticed the difference.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by paulry
And what's wrong with Nescafe?

We were entertaining guests a while back and towards the end served tea and coffee. We'd run out of ground coffee so I made up a glass pot of Nescafe. I was going to tell them sorry, Nescafe is all we have (honest) but before I could do so some had already poured theirs and taken a sip. Then one of them said "Oooh, posh coffee!". I didn't have the heart to tell them the truth after that - and nobody noticed the difference.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 9:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You've got to try a chihuahua tongue right up your nostril. Nearly licks your brain!!
Sounds like a strange sexual practice
Old Jul 5th 2010, 9:59 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a strange sexual practice
You're only jealous.

The unknowing Nescafe drinker who thought it was posh may have meant it. They probably have International Roast at home. Now, that really is shite!!!!
Old Jul 5th 2010, 10:16 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
You're only jealous.
Be the most excitement I've had in my life for many a month
The unknowing Nescafe drinker who thought it was posh may have meant it. They probably have International Roast at home. Now, that really is shite!!!!
That stuff is an insult to the word "coffee"
Old Jul 5th 2010, 10:21 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Be the most excitement I've had in my life for many a month

That stuff is an insult to the word "coffee"
Remember Tesco "sand" a few years back? That's what we called it anyway.

I've just had a cheese and Branston pickle sandwich. Large lumps though. I do prefer the nancy small lump stuff.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 10:29 am
Home and Happy

Remember Tesco "sand" a few years back? That's what we called it anyway.

I've just had a cheese and Branston pickle sandwich. Large lumps though. I do prefer the nancy small lump stuff.
You're making me hungry now, have to go in search of cheese and pickled onions.......
Old Jul 5th 2010, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Definately Tea...with the teabag kept in!!
Old Jul 5th 2010, 11:21 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Coffee - Nescafe is fine for me. Preferably with South African rusks for dunking

And here's the recipe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.