Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Are you a Tea or Coffee person?

Are you a Tea or Coffee person?

Old Jul 2nd 2010, 6:27 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you a Tea or Coffee person?

Fresh coffee before midday - Asda do a beeeyooootiful fresh coffee from Colombia (may need to find out if Asda will deliver to Aus) and only have fresh coffee in the house.

Tea after midday -strong and white. For some strange reason, I can't bear the smell of tea in the morning

After 5pm it's wine all the way
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

bloomfieldtj will become famous soon enoughbloomfieldtj will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Great.

Tell me. Do you daintily squeeze the teabag using the string or do you simply squash the teabag against the back of the spoon with your big grimy thumb?
Teabag in a cup? Good grief!! Teapot, my good man, Teapot. You can't beat the taste when it's made properly.

You'll guess I'm a tea fiend - I rather like PG Tips actually, with a dunkable biscuit (which rather shoots my posh argument down in flames! )

So, which is the best dunkable biscuit? - I'd say a digestive or a ginger snap!
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

My word there sure are a lot of fussy tea drinkers on 'ere........me.....anything hot and wet with no sugar or milk for me.Rooibos(red bush),jasmine,green well just about anything but strangely not partial to "normal" tea and any coffee except extra strong sh@t like espresso.Apparently Australians are amongst the highest coffee consumers in the world,and I must admit when I'd finished both my trips there I was seriously coffee-ed out with teeth floating in caffeine!
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 7:16 pm
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

Tea and coffee equally as good. Both no sugar and so strong you can stand the spoon upright in them
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 7:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirlw
My word there sure are a lot of fussy tea drinkers on 'ere........me.....anything hot and wet with no sugar or milk for me.Rooibos(red bush),jasmine,green well just about anything but strangely not partial to "normal" tea and any coffee except extra strong sh@t like espresso.Apparently Australians are amongst the highest coffee consumers in the world,and I must admit when I'd finished both my trips there I was seriously coffee-ed out with teeth floating in caffeine!
Well you'll be able to get Rooibos in Oz. Not too keen on it myself though.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 9:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perksy
Tea and coffee equally as good. Both no sugar and so strong you can stand the spoon upright in them
On my fourth cup of coffee like that this morning, only way I can cope with working during the day, this isn't natural for me being awake in daylight, I think I must really be an owl or a vampire or something
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Coffee in the morning; tea after dinner in the cold weather......

Its the hammer of justice its the bell of freedom. Its a song about the love between my brothers and my sisters all over this land....
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kporte
Obviously I'm posh being from Edinburgh and Em is all Jamie Oliver innit! Tea for her and both for me. Em will enjoy a coffee out but doesn't even have instant in the house. I quite like instant coffee.......
As you would expect, there is a whole rigmarole to making tea for Em, only to be expected her being a woman.
I told him straight, that first morning , mate, this is the the actual proper test, get the tea right and or it's the front door

Em x

hmpf? perhaps I should have tested out his tea making abilities before I so readily gave away my virtue?? d'oh !
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

I only drink coffee when I am out as nobody in the whole universe makes as good a cup of tea as me and it has to be Twinnings English Breakfast Tea.

Don't drink coffee at home, but why should I when I make an awesome cuppa

John
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 12:03 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Used to be coffee, strong coffee, now it's tea all the way, but the tea is so weak over here that I leave the bag in whilst I drink! When I drank Coles cheap brand I had to use two teabags and leave them in!!! (And I don't drink strong tea!) Any recommendations? I'm currently using Tetley Big Cup but it's weak as too!?
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 12:07 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Used to be coffee, strong coffee, now it's tea all the way, but the tea is so weak over here that I leave the bag in whilst I drink! When I drank Coles cheap brand I had to use two teabags and leave them in!!! (And I don't drink strong tea!) Any recommendations? I'm currently using Tetley Big Cup but it's weak as too!?
Dilmah Extra Strong.

Lipton Intense.

Yorkshire (of course!).
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 12:12 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Dilmah Extra Strong.

Lipton Intense.

Yorkshire (of course!).
Great, will look out for them this avo when I'm shopping
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni

Twinnings English Breakfast Tea
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 12:30 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
I told him straight, that first morning
Had he just popped round to see if you were ok?

Coffee. Just coffee, freshly brewed, strong and black. Try to limit it to 2 a day; quality not quantity. Very rarely a soy latte from a coffee shop as most can't make decent black coffee.

I've never been a tea drinker although occasionally drink a herbal or green tea. Or make my own by steeping goji berries.
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 12:38 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
On my fourth cup of coffee like that this morning, only way I can cope with working during the day, this isn't natural for me being awake in daylight, I think I must really be an owl or a vampire or something
I think we all agree that you are something all right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.