Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Are you a member of the 'food police'?

Are you a member of the 'food police'?

Old Oct 1st 2010, 12:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you a member of the 'food police'?

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Do you now. Not only do I eat it at my desk, (admittedly before others get in) I store it there, for all to see - proud as you like.

I'm the same as you - I eat what I like, and I exercise. Infact I almost have to stuff myself with carbs sometimes to refuel....
Which end?
Old Oct 1st 2010, 12:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

My 10 year old has ketchup with all of his meals and it does niggle at me when ive good a meal and its covered in its own sauce and he reaches for the ketchup. He wont even try food with out it though. My youngest does the same with BBQ sauce and the eldest will at least try it with out sauce says its nice but then asks for ketchup.

My parents and in laws always use salt on everything. In fact my mil adds so much salt to food while she is cooking i have to add sauce to it just to be able to eat it, more so if it is tatties and mash, as its so salty.
In restaurants i would not dream of asking for ketchup maybe black pepper.
Mandy
Old Oct 1st 2010, 1:54 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
My 10 year old has ketchup with all of his meals and it does niggle at me when ive good a meal and its covered in its own sauce and he reaches for the ketchup. He wont even try food with out it though. My youngest does the same with BBQ sauce and the eldest will at least try it with out sauce says its nice but then asks for ketchup.

My parents and in laws always use salt on everything. In fact my mil adds so much salt to food while she is cooking i have to add sauce to it just to be able to eat it, more so if it is tatties and mash, as its so salty.
Mandy
I do taste stuff first but usually add ketchup. My tastebuds havent been the same though since I had my tonsils out in 1999, god knows why
Old Oct 1st 2010, 2:13 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

My youngest does the same with BBQ sauce and the eldest will at least try it with out sauce says its nice but then asks for ketchup.
BBQ sauce is the worst - it's 50% sugar! Might as well just sprinkle it on!
Old Oct 1st 2010, 2:40 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

I have a friend whose whole family utterly cover every meal with it, I mean literally swimming in the stuff! -That naffed me off when they stayed at mine for a week and every meal I cooked was crucufied-even the salad! funnily enough they are always complaining of tongue blisters, I wonder why....
If you want a bit of sauce to enhance your food- fine! but just have a dollop on the side of your plate! there are limits and no, I cant bear to see the Ozzies lift the lid on thier 'pies' and slather the ketchup on top- yuk but I just let them get on with it
Old Oct 1st 2010, 2:46 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
I watched a tv programme not long ago about the sugar in sauces and they showed this one young girl, about 5 as I recall who had had almost all her baby teeth filled or removed due to the 1 bottle of ketchup she consumed every week.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 3:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squeezzii
I have a friend whose whole family utterly cover every meal with it, I mean literally swimming in the stuff! -That naffed me off when they stayed at mine for a week and every meal I cooked was crucufied-even the salad! funnily enough they are always complaining of tongue blisters, I wonder why....
If you want a bit of sauce to enhance your food- fine! but just have a dollop on the side of your plate! there are limits and no, I cant bear to see the Ozzies lift the lid on thier 'pies' and slather the ketchup on top- yuk but I just let them get on with it
But that's the whole point . . . you (we?) shouldn't just let them 'get on with it' as you say. We need to do something and do it now before things go any further . . . I don't know, form a comittee or possibly even a society . . . the Temperance Society springs to mind as a model . . . if we all work together we can stop this condiment abuse before it affects us all . . . . My god won't someone think of the CHILDREN!!

Last edited by spartacus; Oct 1st 2010 at 3:54 am.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 3:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

i totally agree i find all the sauces too sweet, but im up against it with boys i would rather them eat their meals than waste them so usually let them have sauce.
Mandy
Old Oct 1st 2010, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes m'lud - I have to confess I am!

It did really wind me up when my ex would empty the sauce bottle on top of absolutely anything! I know other members of the force too. A friend wad telling me how he made Arancini and bought some really pricey cheese for em and his OH just covered them in Tommy K...or sugar solution as I call it!
I know someone who used to put ginger ale in single malt. This requires the Food Gestapo never mind the Food Police.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy
I know someone who (as a child) wanted to put ketchup on her Christmas dinner and upon refusal a war broke out that ended in a dinner being hurled at the wall. Not sure whose dinner went a-flying.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 4:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Seneca21
I know someone who used to put ginger ale in single malt. This requires the Food Gestapo never mind the Food Police.
Good God! . . . Not a friend I hope?
Old Oct 1st 2010, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spartacus
Good God! . . . Not a friend I hope?
Worse. A relative.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Worse. A relative.
Very much so . . . "you can choose your friends, but you can't choose your relations" . . .
Old Oct 1st 2010, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spartacus
Very much so . . . "you can choose your friends, but you can't choose your relations" . . .
Quite! I have watched someone stir sugar into wine to make it sweeter, as well.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 4:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quite! I have watched someone stir sugar into wine to make it sweeter, as well.
Yeuck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.