Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

You know you're no longer young when...

You know you're no longer young when...

Old Oct 8th 2013, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you're no longer young when...

People stop asking how many children you have

and start asking how many grandchildren you have.

And then get annoyed/upset/put out when you say none.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 10:32 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

When playing laserquest, you realise you can no longer be on the kids team

And when you finish playing said laserquest, your knees are bu66ered

You hear words coming from your mouth that your mother used to say to you...and you swore you would never say

A cup of tea and a biscuit is more appealing than a pint of beer or glass of wine
Old Oct 8th 2013, 10:33 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
When playing laserquest, you realise you can no longer be on the kids team

And when you finish playing said laserquest, your knees are bu66ered

You hear words coming from your mouth that your mother used to say to you...and you swore you would never say

A cup of tea and a biscuit is more appealing than a pint of beer or glass of wine
Delete that last line at once
Old Oct 8th 2013, 10:36 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

when you can't be on the seesaw anymore
Old Oct 8th 2013, 12:27 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Your firstborn celebrates his 34th birthday. (Mine does next week)
If you will have children when you're 12...
Old Oct 8th 2013, 4:15 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78

Not in my lifetime
Old Oct 8th 2013, 4:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Not in my lifetime
+1
Old Oct 8th 2013, 8:42 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
Are you saying you're still young?
Erm, no. My mother was 19 when I was born so if that was the definition of old, we're all buggered

I was saying that, as I'm older than the age my mother was when I made her a grandmother, then obviously I'm old enough to be a grandmother, and grandmothers are always old. Realllllllly old. With white hair and an ability to bake scones.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 9:03 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Erm, no. My mother was 19 when I was born so if that was the definition of old, we're all buggered

I was saying that, as I'm older than the age my mother was when I made her a grandmother, then obviously I'm old enough to be a grandmother, and grandmothers are always old. Realllllllly old. With white hair and an ability to bake scones.
I will have you know that while I do bake a mean scone Schwartkopf has seen to it that there is not a single white hair on my head. And as for the "old, really old" comment, you, young lady, are out of the will!
Old Oct 8th 2013, 10:46 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

you and all your mates smell of stale piss
Old Oct 8th 2013, 10:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

When some small ranga with teeth that cruises the furniture dribbling on your quilt battings and pulling the pieced top you are trying to baste calls you Nan Nan....
Old Oct 9th 2013, 12:36 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I will have you know that while I do bake a mean scone Schwartkopf has seen to it that there is not a single white hair on my head. And as for the "old, really old" comment, you, young lady, are out of the will!
Chilli, nana, I was thinking more of that Eddie woman
Old Oct 9th 2013, 2:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

When your husband quickly backtracks .... "...no no no dear, you don't have any grey hairs, my mistake, please accept my appologies, you appear to have some extreme blonde highlights going on"
Old Oct 9th 2013, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

As it happens, just a couple of weeks ago I posted a blog on my site, called "A young man's car". Reminiscing, I dated the end of my youthful days to a nearly fatal-traffic-accident in a VW Kombi van in Spain with my young family on board. My quixotic dream to retire to the caves of Crete failed to survive the scare, and although in later life I was often tempted to spring for a VW Beetle (in particular), I shrugged it off as "a young man's car". So my general yardstick for being no longer young, is when you (men, anyway) rule out one of the old Beetles as a practical choice.

But having discovered this thread, I realise there is a different yardstick for being really, really old - not just "no longer young", but way beyond that. It's when I read the postings here and shout out loud, "Hey, sunshine! You call that old?! Jee-sus!"
Old Oct 9th 2013, 2:18 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

...you watch Miley Cyrus twerking and get all moralistic and call her a slut, what's the world coming to etc. When you were 22 you would have got a boner a huge desire to smash it

Miserable old f**ks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.