Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

You know you're no longer young when...

You know you're no longer young when...

Old Oct 8th 2013, 1:55 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you're no longer young when...

People think it was Spock that shouted KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

S
Old Oct 8th 2013, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

You walk into City Beach or some other "trendy teenage shop" and walk right out again as the music is too loud and " I can't hear myself think"...

or

If you don't drive somewhere on a night out in the city you spend the rest of the evening stressing that you won't get a cab home...

or

You look forward to a roast dinnner more than a night in a trendy bar
Old Oct 8th 2013, 3:27 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

or you realise Prince Harry is nearly 30 and you remember him being born
Old Oct 8th 2013, 3:31 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

You realise 1980 - the start of *your* decade - was almost 34 years ago.

God.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy

God.
Here's one to get you thinking... if you remember the 60's then keep in mind that it was closer to World War ONE than the present day !!
Old Oct 8th 2013, 3:37 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCreature
Here's one to get you thinking... if you remember the 60's then keep in mind that it was closer to World War ONE than the present day !!
That's okay then - I was only 16 months old when the 70s started
Old Oct 8th 2013, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond repute

That's okay then - I was only 16 months old when the 70s started
Gary Glitter fan?
Old Oct 8th 2013, 3:59 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

God.
There were recent 80's revival series of when Maggie was in power, miners strikes, Madonna was top of the pops, mobile phones came in, Berlin wall went down etc.Jeez it was scary - only seemed like yesterday yet all these things seemed aged, old, historical and out of date..

The size of the mobile when it first came out compared to now

Time flies.....
Old Oct 8th 2013, 4:06 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
There were recent 80's revival series of when Maggie was in power, miners strikes, Madonna was top of the pops, mobile phones came in, Berlin wall went down etc.Jeez it was scary - only seemed like yesterday yet all these things seemed aged, old, historical and out of date..

The size of the mobile when it first came out compared to now

Time flies.....

I think my current phone is larger than my first phone now...

S
Old Oct 8th 2013, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I think my current phone is larger than my first phone now...

S
This is the first one I remember
Attached Thumbnails You know you're no longer young when...-cell-phone.png  
Old Oct 8th 2013, 4:42 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

...you're as old as your mother when you were born
Old Oct 8th 2013, 4:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
You see younger girls in really skimpy stuff and think 'Is there any need for that?'

Nana naps become a necessity and the thought of a night out in the city leaves you cold, when in fact curling up with a DVD seems more appealing.

Some of the lyrics in songs shock you.
I must still be very young!
Old Oct 8th 2013, 5:13 am
Officially Bewildered

Originally Posted by commonwealth
...you're as old as your mother when you were born
I'm older than my mother was when I made her a grandmother!
Old Oct 8th 2013, 7:23 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Your son tells you he wants to walk the great wall of China when he grows up. You say you'd like to do it with him and he says "if you're still alive"
Old Oct 8th 2013, 7:49 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

I'm older than my mother was when I made her a grandmother!
Are you saying you're still young?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.