Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

You know you are (still) in Australia when.....

You know you are (still) in Australia when.....

Old Sep 28th 2018, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you are (still) in Australia when.....

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Today I went to Fiona Stanley Hospital to visit my daughter in their spinal cord injury rehab unit. It really is a magnificent facility, we're so lucky to have such excellent health facilities in Oz Daughter also enjoyed the roast beef dinner I'd made for her - the hospital food's not bad at all but a home-cooked meal from mum is always best
Hope your Daughter gets well soon and we are very lucky. My youngest daughter picks up her first car later today. We are now becoming something I've always tried to avoid. A 3 car family. So you know when you are in Australia when every driver in your household has a bloody car.

I'm determined to get rid of one of mine now.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 3:49 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Hope your Daughter gets well soon and we are very lucky. My youngest daughter picks up her first car later today. We are now becoming something I've always tried to avoid. A 3 car family. So you know when you are in Australia when every driver in your household has a bloody car.

I'm determined to get rid of one of mine now.
Yes, no wonder the garages are getting bigger and bigger, everyone 17 and over seems to have a car.

Thanks, my daughter should be able to go home in a couple of weeks. She has spina bifida and diabetes - it's a combination that sees her in either surgery or rehab quite often.
Old Sep 29th 2018, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Perhaps I will sell my London properties too because of your resentment. I think not. They provide a fantastic income. Your resentment is yours. No one elses.
Or you'll wake up from the dream and discover net worth of nothing. Really need a spot of help to get over the 'money phobia', not to say claiming property that doesn't belong to you.

Anyway can't always focus on your problems, even though here to help, but back to topic.

Two mornings ago spotted two kookaburras for the first time outside my bedroom window. (sitting on a branch not too far out of reach) Nature and wildlife is IMO what makes OZ.
Old Sep 29th 2018, 1:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Just a passing thought Badge, job descriptions like astrophysicist, engineer, etc etc, tell me nothing about the person besides what they do. Reminds me of the time The Brain of Britain turned out to be a London cabbie. That turned a few heads. Its not the clothes they wear , nor the swagger of the walk nor the talk and especially not the rank. Some of the worst examples of humanity in the way of sociopaths and psychopaths, are in top positions due to their very nature to control. Not because of being well rounded, interesting people.
Can't disagree, but a person can take control of many things they don't like about their lives: your oft complaint is the people around you. Of course these are labels, there are only so much than can be said to paint a picture: it is people who help combat some of the things you complain about.
Old Sep 29th 2018, 1:38 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
C'arn the Eagles!!!

Old Oct 25th 2018, 9:57 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Flattened road signs.
Old Oct 26th 2018, 6:22 am
Concierge

When you're back after living in the UK for 3 years and the temperature feels like 38 degrees, but you check and it's only 27