Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

You know you are in Australia when...

You know you are in Australia when...

Old Nov 7th 2011, 6:27 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you are in Australia when...

The Sunday rag puts out a special edition magazine on what to do when the next natural disaster strikes.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 6:43 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
The Sunday rag puts out a special edition magazine on what to do when the next natural disaster strikes.
Do natural disasters change that much each year? My cyclone pack of a family size bottle of whiskey, 20 Marlborough lights, 2 Valium, sat phone, charger, pair of sturdy knickers, toothbrush and wet wipes hasn't altered in years.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 7:07 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Do natural disasters change that much each year? My cyclone pack of a family size bottle of whiskey, 20 Marlborough lights, 2 Valium, sat phone, charger, pair of sturdy knickers, toothbrush and wet wipes hasn't altered in years.
you forgot the snags.....
Old Nov 7th 2011, 9:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
I wanted to put whisky, cigarettes and valium on the Emergency Kit list but work wouldn't allow it
Old Nov 7th 2011, 11:32 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I wanted to put whisky, cigarettes and valium on the Emergency Kit list but work wouldn't allow it
I can appreciate the refusal to allow cigarettes as they might be a fire risk. But, to disallow whiskey and valium is just negligence.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthbum
I agree, nasty stuff, why don't they just dig it all up...horrible stuff.
BHP will take care of that one for us.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 11:27 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

The queue at the post office is just 3 minutes long and there's no glass screen between you and the post office attendant.

The post office attendant is relaxed and friendly and chats briefly with you.

The Christmas stamps actually have a Christmas theme
Old Nov 8th 2011, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
The queue at the post office is just 3 minutes long and there's no glass screen between you and the post office attendant.

The post office attendant is relaxed and friendly and chats briefly with you.

The Christmas stamps actually have a Christmas theme
...but they are never open on saturday and dont actually ring your bell when the card you for a parcel, so you have to go in before work to pick it up
Old Nov 8th 2011, 11:34 pm
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Originally Posted by northernbird
Me too but Perthbum lives in a different reality to normal people!
I reckon me and you would get on great are you married?
Old Nov 8th 2011, 11:38 pm
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

When you finally get a lie in and the bloody birds in the gum tree outside your window want you up
Old Nov 9th 2011, 12:01 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by In Exile
...but they are never open on saturday and dont actually ring your bell when the card you for a parcel, so you have to go in before work to pick it up
That's a blast from the past: Do the post offices still open on Saturdays?

So far we haven't had the problems with parcel notification cards being left but I've heard it's a common problem.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
That's a blast from the past: Do the post offices still open on Saturdays?

So far we haven't had the problems with parcel notification cards being left but I've heard it's a common problem.
i think its probably more common if you live in a unit with loads of mail boxes out the front, combine this with teh fact that they would have to use/work out the very simple intercom system, and you can guarantee of a carding.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 12:08 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthbum
When you finally get a lie in and the bloody birds in the gum tree outside your window want you up
Where I live is like waking up in an aviary during summer.

I quite like it though - apart from the 4am Kookabura!
Old Nov 9th 2011, 12:08 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by In Exile
i think its probably more common if you live in a unit with loads of mail boxes out the front, combine this with teh fact that they would have to use/work out the very simple intercom system, and you can guarantee of a carding.
I get most stuff delivered to work now because of this.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I get most stuff delivered to work now because of this.
yep, I've done the same.

Unfortunately the OH has now started doing the same too - to my work also.

It creates another problem of carrying large cumbersome mystery packages home, only to find out that they are just cosmetics with an unecessary amount of packaging.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.