Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

You know you are in Australia when...

You know you are in Australia when...

Old Apr 18th 2011, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

sammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant future
Default Re: You know you are in Australia when...

Originally Posted by Rambi
Bloody Jehovahs

I think they keep using me as a training ground. Each time one new one and one old one turns up.
I heard once that you flummox them by asking, "If Adam was made from dust and Eve was made from one of his ribs, why did they both have belly buttons?"
Old Apr 18th 2011, 7:42 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammax
I heard once that you flummox them by asking, "If Adam was made from dust and Eve was made from one of his ribs, why did they both have belly buttons?"
How do you know that they did?
Old Apr 18th 2011, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

sammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by brissybee
...you can't wait for Winter.
yes because winter here is gorgeous!!
Old Apr 18th 2011, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Amazulu
How do you know that they did?
Um, only going by the pictures!!
Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
The plane has to be treated and the airline has 2 options.

Either the plane goes in for a serious treatment once every so often which lasts a certain amount of time. If you're the first to fly after that you'll be getting a healthy dose of insectide for 24 hours!

Or they spray before landing.

I'm guessing they mostly go for the peiodic treatment now, but I guess if it's missed for whatever reason they will do the spray to meet the Aus requirements.
Wasn't there some compensation case in the US by Qantas staff? I seem to remember that was around the time Qantas stopped the spraying on their flights.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:55 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Wasn't there some compensation case in the US by Qantas staff? I seem to remember that was around the time Qantas stopped the spraying on their flights.
Some info about United and their Australia flights here:

http://perrysanderslaw.com/art7.html

Old Apr 18th 2011, 12:15 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammax

I always thought Adam didn't have a belly button.

However, I do good debate. They know I'm an atheist but they do seem to like a chat and test things out.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 12:29 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

YKYAIAW....

the family sits down to watch The Graham Norton Show together
Old Apr 28th 2011, 1:44 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

You get ripped off nearly $25 for a bit of "tonight's special" lasagne. :curse:
Old Apr 28th 2011, 2:40 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: You know you are in Australia when...

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
First Born got a snotty customer the other day, she actually came home and asked if 'that bloke Grayling' had moved here.

YKYIA when the nearest shop within walking distance is not a grubby little SPAR, but a good sized IGA.

As you walk, you notice the footpath is clean. The road is clean. The T-junction leading to your street has been freshly resealed. The IGA car park is clean. The IGA is clean. Even the bogan at the checkout looks as if he at least knows someone who has a friend who is clean ()

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Apr 28th 2011 at 2:57 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 9:52 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
http://i53.tinypic.com/1217pev.gif

YKYIA when the nearest shop within walking distance is not a grubby little SPAR, but a good sized IGA.

As you walk, you notice the footpath is clean. The road is clean. The T-junction leading to your street has been freshly resealed. The IGA car park is clean. The IGA is clean. Even the bogan at the checkout looks as if he at least knows someone who has a friend who is clean ()
Gotta give you that. But you missed the part where the car park is full of your neighbours' cars and someone has grafittied the road markings pink
Old Apr 28th 2011, 9:58 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I live in a different Australia - I walk round the corner to the SPAR, past the really rough pub on the corner, stepping over pavement pizza

The SPAR however is far from grubby, and stocks more wholefoods, gluten-free, dairy-free, etc., stuff than Woolies.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:04 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: You know you are in Australia when...

Originally Posted by paulry
Gotta give you that. But you missed the part where the car park is full of your neighbours' cars and someone has grafittied the road markings pink

And there's still a spraypainted "Happy New Year" on the tarmac, from 1999.

We don't have SPAR in South Australia. According to their website, they only cover QLD, NSW, ACT, NT and "Pacific Island areas." Funny how these multinationals never seem to make it past the eastern sea board. Their websites will say something like "9 million stores worldwide! Biggest chain on the planet!" but when they reach Australia, the best they can manage is 100 stores huddled around Sydney like a bunch of frightened mice.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Apr 28th 2011 at 10:21 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

And there's still a spraypainted "Happy New Year" on the tarmac, from 1999.
Admiring your own handwriting were you?
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:10 pm
Banned

....You watch British television, do 75% of your non-food shopping overseas (online) and attend dentist appointments in Singapore, Brazil, South Africa or Malaysia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.