Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

You know you are in Australia when...

You know you are in Australia when...

Old Oct 31st 2011, 9:47 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you are in Australia when...

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It doesn't really bother me, I just ignore it all going on around me, carried on with my lunchtime browsing then went back to work. I'm earning my money, not my problem or my business what the rest of them do!!
Me too..I just carried on working while some people got dressed up with fancy clothes, hats, drinking champers, eating cup cakes. I did the head down, bum up. Can't cope with the kerfuffle, not my cuppa tea tbh

....unless I can get totally wrecked I aint interested
Old Oct 31st 2011, 9:58 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't really bother me, I just ignore it all going on around me, carried on with my lunchtime browsing then went back to work. I'm earning my money, not my problem or my business what the rest of them do!!
NEVER ignore them,keep yer enemies close n all that,soak up all intel,see all and hear all,store away for a stormy day
Old Oct 31st 2011, 10:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
NEVER ignore them,keep yer enemies close n all that,soak up all intel,see all and hear all,store away for a stormy day
Oh I hear plenty, don't worry, I've been taught well best way to learn both the job and the office politics Its like the interminable morning tea and cake sessions, turn up and smile sweetly while on the way to somewhere else clutching what appears to be a pile of paper, makes them all think I'm too busy to stop, when in fact its that I just don't like being paid to do tea-and-cake sessions
Old Oct 31st 2011, 10:07 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I hear plenty, don't worry, I've been taught well best way to learn both the job and the office politics Its like the interminable morning tea and cake sessions, turn up and smile sweetly while on the way to somewhere else clutching what appears to be a pile of paper, makes them all think I'm too busy to stop, when in fact its that I just don't like being paid to do tea-and-cake sessions
Of course you don't. However, being paid to go to the pub would be well liked I'd imagine.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 10:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Of course you don't. However, being paid to go to the pub would be well liked I'd imagine.
Might be a little more tempting Still wouldn't feel right though...I must do something about this conscience of mine
Old Nov 1st 2011, 2:53 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

YKYAIAW.... You telephone your doctor mid afternoon to make an appointment and they fit you in for early-ish the next morning ...Not next week or next month!
Old Nov 1st 2011, 2:56 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

... you can nip your littlin round to the stunning, clean beach (in minutes) for an hour or so, before the school run.

... you can nip your littlin round to the beach at any time, with the knowledge there are (open) spotlessly clean public toilets.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by paulry
YKYAIAW.... You telephone your doctor mid afternoon to make an appointment and they fit you in for early-ish the next morning ...Not next week or next month!

- quite often where I am, it's the same day.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 3:02 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Used to get same day appts. with my GP in Derbyshire

Where on earth did you people live to get such a rough deal?
Old Nov 1st 2011, 3:04 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts

- quite often where I am, it's the same day.
Amazing really compared with back home. I once had to wait over a week to see my doctor that side. It was like: if my immune system doesn't bump-start into kicking in by then I'll be dead
Old Nov 1st 2011, 3:34 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Grayling

Used to get same day appts. with my GP in Derbyshire

Where on earth did you people live to get such a rough deal?
Here ya go, the telephone number is: 020 8630 1505. Skype 'em and try and make an appointment.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 4:01 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Here ya go, the telephone number is: 020 8630 1505. Skype 'em and try and make an appointment.
I don't doubt you but that was not my experience or the experience of most people I know.

You don't have to move across the world to get a quicker doctor's appointment.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 4:17 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
You don't have to move across the world to get a quicker doctor's appointment.
Indeed not.

Old Nov 1st 2011, 4:20 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

I tried, they were closed

It was the same at our local surgery in York (although not quite as bad as you described, you could usually get an appointment within a couple of days) - the absolute best system I came across was when we lived near Wrexham. There, you could make an appointment with the doctor of your choice or if it was urgent, you could bob along on a morning and wait to see whichever doctor was doing an open surgery that day.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 4:22 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Dreamy
the absolute best system I came across was when we lived near Wrexham. There, you could make an appointment with the doctor of your choice or if it was urgent, you could bob along on a morning and wait to see whichever doctor was doing an open surgery that day.
Most surgeries had open appointments like that....I worked in a few

No use telling that to people who just don't want to acknowledge it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.