Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

You know you are in Australia when...

You know you are in Australia when...

Old May 9th 2011, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you are in Australia when...

Originally Posted by Rambi
He's a pussy compared to these nutters.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HLzGj10fg2g
Love it, there's a thread on my London Board re how much they hate Bicycle riders... with only 500K views on the youtube clip they may not have seen it.

I'll post with 'I can't see a problem'

Great clip... my 13 yo son loved it... maybe I shouldnt have shown him
Old May 9th 2011, 6:48 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Love it, there's a thread on my London Board re how much they hate Bicycle riders... with only 500K views on the youtube clip they may not have seen it.

I'll post with 'I can't see a problem'

Great clip... my 13 yo son loved it... maybe I shouldnt have shown him
I must admit that I'm impressed but from a cyclist point of view they are just hoons which give the rest of us a hard time from car drivers.

Since the London one I think they've been holding the event in different cities. Have a look on you tube and you may find a few.

Did you see the bit where they were going through the Lamb and Flag walkway? As a pedestrian I would have been really hacked off.
Old May 9th 2011, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit that I'm impressed but from a cyclist point of view they are just hoons which give the rest of us a hard time from car drivers.

Since the London one I think they've been holding the event in different cities. Have a look on you tube and you may find a few.

Did you see the bit where they were going through the Lamb and Flag walkway? As a pedestrian I would have been really hacked off.
It moved very quick through the various streets... how far in was that ?
Old May 9th 2011, 6:56 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

It moved very quick through the various streets... how far in was that ?
About 4:15. It's over very quickly though.
Old May 9th 2011, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

And there's still a spraypainted "Happy New Year" on the tarmac, from 1999.

We don't have SPAR in South Australia. According to their website, they only cover QLD, NSW, ACT, NT and "Pacific Island areas." Funny how these multinationals never seem to make it past the eastern sea board. Their websites will say something like "9 million stores worldwide! Biggest chain on the planet!" but when they reach Australia, the best they can manage is 100 stores huddled around Sydney like a bunch of frightened mice.
Not been to Melbourne? must be spray paint capital of the world.
Old May 9th 2011, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

About 4:15. It's over very quickly though.
I wondered where that was.... I've lost a lot of my London "Knowledge" which is a bit sad. How did you know that little painted walkway was the "Lamb and Flag Walkway" I wouldnt have a clue where that was.

God Bless the London Taxi Drivers
Old May 9th 2011, 7:23 am
Rhino with a big horn!

I wondered where that was.... I've lost a lot of my London "Knowledge" which is a bit sad. How did you know that little painted walkway was the "Lamb and Flag Walkway" I wouldnt have a clue where that was.

God Bless the London Taxi Drivers
My first job was in Long Acre so it was my nearest pub. Just seems so familiar.
Old May 9th 2011, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

He's a pussy compared to these nutters.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HLzGj10fg2g
Did a years stint as push bike messenger in Sydney in the late 80's, absolutely loved it and was as fit as a butchers dog after a couple of months. It's amazing how adept you get at judging the gap and you develop a very sharp sense of perception. Those guys are mental but it really is all about perpetual motion.
I did clean up an old lady once whilst hurtling down the middle of George St whilst all the traffic was backed up, she just stepped out in front of me from behind a bus, i came over the handlebars and head butted her and knocked her out cold.
Biggest danger as always for cyclist's are people in cars opening doors without checking.
Old May 9th 2011, 8:49 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by papilon
Did a years stint as push bike messenger in Sydney in the late 80's, absolutely loved it and was as fit as a butchers dog after a couple of months. It's amazing how adept you get at judging the gap and you develop a very sharp sense of perception. Those guys are mental but it really is all about perpetual motion.
I did clean up an old lady once whilst hurtling down the middle of George St whilst all the traffic was backed up, she just stepped out in front of me from behind a bus, i came over the handlebars and head butted her and knocked her out cold.
Biggest danger as always for cyclist's are people in cars opening doors without checking.
Did you have to take out any insurance to cover that kind of thing.
I often think what would happen if a cyclist takes me out while I'm walking.
What do I stand if I'm injured,do you know?
Old May 9th 2011, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

The Moscow Motor Bike Progress through Traffic training must be pretty good.

Now that's what I call filtering!

Insane!!!
Old May 9th 2011, 9:34 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Now that's what I call filtering! http://britishexpats.com/blogs/uploa...resco/5527.gif

Insane!!!
Thought that was pretty average until it got to 4:11.Yes it's insane!!!
Old May 9th 2011, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet
Thought that was pretty average until it got to 4:11.Yes it's insane!!!
Yeah, excellent rider though with great skills, but very dangerous.
Old May 9th 2011, 12:48 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Yeah, excellent rider though with great skills, but very dangerous.
And he has a death wish.
Old May 9th 2011, 12:51 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

...the banks take it in monthly turns to have embarrassing computer glitches.
Old May 10th 2011, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

LadyG76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Shopping in pyjamas (cool)...top loaders (isn't that a band?)...fined for being in possession of an old boiled sweet (was he in a public place?) Sprayed with Impulse on arrival (that's just weird) Woollies & M&S? In Australia?

Lady G
(Pom looking to emigrate Feb 2012, mistakenly thought this thread would be a bit of nice gentle education but twigged somewhere around Page 4 that you're all just bonkers. Must be all the sun. Note to self: should probably re-think this whole emigrating lark )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.