Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

You know you are in Australia when...

You know you are in Australia when...

Old Jul 1st 2012, 9:27 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you are in Australia when...

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Travel agent girl tells you she only eats 'australian' food when overseas. Asked what that is she looks a bit confused then replies " mcdonalds, chips, KFC, you know pies and stuff "
She forgot to add shag anything with a pulse
Old Jul 1st 2012, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Travel agent girl tells you she only eats 'australian' food when overseas. Asked what that is she looks a bit confused then replies " mcdonalds, chips, KFC, you know pies and stuff "
The worrying thing is that she works for a travel agent.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 10:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
The worrying thing is that she works for a travel agent.
One of the girls at work had a go at me today for taking Nurofen - apparently its √únaustralian"to take them and I should be taking some weaker brand mmade here! I said stopping the pain was more important to me than where the pills came from, and she looked at me as if I had two heads
Old Jul 1st 2012, 11:28 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
One of the girls at work had a go at me today for taking Nurofen - apparently its √únaustralian"to take them and I should be taking some weaker brand mmade here! I said stopping the pain was more important to me than where the pills came from, and she looked at me as if I had two heads
That's because when Australia finally allowed ibuprofen Herron's marketing focussed purely on the jingoism rather than any benefit of the product - it obviously worked on her then!
Old Jul 1st 2012, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Where do they get them from?! Is there a special agency that supplies them...!
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 12:15 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
That's because when Australia finally allowed ibuprofen Herron's marketing focussed purely on the jingoism rather than any benefit of the product - it obviously worked on her then!
She really makes me laugh at times, well educated, managerial level, yet she comes out with the "unaustralian" and similar jingoistic phrases every day!
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 12:16 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Where do they get them from?! Is there a special agency that supplies them...!
Special needs agency by the sound of it
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 12:37 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Special needs agency by the sound of it
You've met this one You'll have to wind her up a bit when you get out here, start talking about buying stuff and importing it cos its better quality etc!
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 12:40 am
FREE TIBET

You've met this one You'll have to wind her up a bit when you get out here, start talking about buying stuff and importing it cos its better quality etc!
Really ??
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 12:57 am
Home and Happy

Really ??
Got to be good for a laugh, thinking of her scandalised look when she found I was buying non-Aussie drugs
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 12:58 am
FREE TIBET

Got to be good for a laugh, thinking of her scandalised look when she found I was buying non-Aussie drugs
When/where did i meet her ??
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 12:59 am
Home and Happy

When/where did i meet her ??
Wrapped around one of your mates at your leaving do - though I think you'd met her before that too
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 1:02 am
FREE TIBET

Wrapped around one of your mates at your leaving do - though I think you'd met her before that too
Well when i meet her again i'll know i'm in Australia
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 1:04 am
Home and Happy

Well when i meet her again i'll know i'm in Australia
She certainly remembers you ....keeps asking when you'll be over next
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 1:06 am
FREE TIBET

She certainly remembers you ....keeps asking when you'll be over next
Is it Moneypenny

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.