Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

You know you are in Australia when...

You know you are in Australia when...

Old Mar 5th 2012, 4:04 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you are in Australia when...

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Slightly different split in my case. The Rego was $450 and Green Slip $380. The Rego is based on Curb Weight apparently and the Murano is damn heavy.
Fully Comp insurance is another $670 on top of that.
Interesting how the split is different and I'm paying more for Green Slip. Something I noticed is there was only one insurer and quoted price that I could choose between.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 4:05 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy

I use Bingle.com.au

No, but I want one now!!

I have a 2001 Ford Laser GLXi like the one below

http://farm4.dealernet.com.au/stock/...236338003B.jpg
I thought the same!
Old Mar 5th 2012, 4:21 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulry
Interesting how the split is different and I'm paying more for Green Slip. Something I noticed is there was only one insurer and quoted price that I could choose between.
There is about half a dozen insurers who do Green Slips in NSW.... but there was only about $10 between the lot of them.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 4:33 am
Banned

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
There is about half a dozen insurers who do Green Slips in NSW.... but there was only about $10 between the lot of them.
Looks like cartel-like behaviour.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 8:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

My only objection to the CTP is that you should get an exemption from paying it if you show proof that you have Fully Comp insurance already. It pisses me off that we are in effect paying for a part of the Third Party twice if we have FC. Apart from that CTP automatically with the Rego is a good idea, shame it only covers the Third Party though and not the car. Out of interest, who's the Second Party?
Old Mar 5th 2012, 2:49 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
My only objection to the CTP is that you should get an exemption from paying it if you show proof that you have Fully Comp insurance already. It pisses me off that we are in effect paying for a part of the Third Party twice if we have FC. Apart from that CTP automatically with the Rego is a good idea, shame it only covers the Third Party though and not the car. Out of interest, who's the Second Party?
The option to buy it so that it includes third party/comprehensive vehicle insurance is needed. It seems so reasonable and logical - I wonder why it's not already been done?
Old Mar 5th 2012, 7:56 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Out of interest, who's the Second Party?
Third-party insurance is purchased by the insured (first party) from an insurance company (second party) for protection against another party's claims (third party)
(I'd link but it was off the google page, couldn't be bothered to actually go to the site quoting it )
Old Mar 5th 2012, 8:22 pm
Banned

Thanks Dreamy, I also didn't know that
Old Mar 5th 2012, 10:30 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
(I'd link but it was off the google page, couldn't be bothered to actually go to the site quoting it )
Ahh, I'd forgotten about the feeving barstewards who take all the money in the first place.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 11:03 pm
Banned

Easter eggs are still available for sale at Coles/Woolies/Aldi, etc - a week after Easter.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 11:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

You see women knitting at the AFL.... especially Adelaide.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 12:10 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
You see women knitting at the AFL.... especially Adelaide.
I suppose anything is better than having to actually watch the game..............................
Old Apr 15th 2012, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Easter eggs are still available for sale at Coles/Woolies/Aldi, etc - a week after Easter.
It is Easter for the Orthodox Church today, so that may be a reason too.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Stoke

Unless Stoke has become a glamour side in my absence ...
Never! As far as this Vale fan is concerned.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

You're in a beer garden in Queensland, it's 19 degrees celcius at 10pm and you have to ask the hotel manager to put the patio heaters on.

You see a shirtless young bloke walking down the street in the middle of the day with what appears to be a grey scalf over his shoulder, when in fact the "scarf" is a small python.

Last edited by tictac; Apr 15th 2012 at 1:08 pm. Reason: Added extra item

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.