British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   you know when you get to a certain age?45 ish... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/you-know-when-you-get-certain-age-45-ish-674019/)

aston Jun 25th 2010 5:56 pm

you know when you get to a certain age?45 ish...

1 Attachment(s)
and have a look around at what you have done with your life,where your heading and what you have achieved...is there a time in your life,you grab a comfy chair a bottle of beer and find a quite place to just sit and think for a while what is important and prioritize?

you could really do with a crystal ball couldnt you?i suppose health is the most important thing that you should consider?

is money really that important?i suppose ages forces you to make changes at some point?

i dont seem to be able to google any answers?is there any one out there that at 45ish who is exactly where they thought they would be in life and achieved everything they wanted to?to be honest,ive just kind of drifted along in the current!!!

anyone got any good tips?

with thanks

brum:huh:

Bernieboy Jun 25th 2010 8:23 pm

Re: you know when you get to a certain age?45 ish...

Originally Posted by brummy (Post 8657283)
and have a look around at what you have done with your life,where your heading and what you have achieved...is there a time in your life,you grab a comfy chair a bottle of beer and find a quite place to just sit and think for a while what is important and prioritize?

you could really do with a crystal ball couldnt you?i suppose health is the most important thing that you should consider?

is money really that important?i suppose ages forces you to make changes at some point?

i dont seem to be able to google any answers?is there any one out there that at 45ish who is exactly where they thought they would be in life and achieved everything they wanted to?to be honest,ive just kind of drifted along in the current!!!

with thanks

Achieved everything in the first part of my adult life,now just going with the flow and **** it im happy,still looking for that pot to piss in,aint got no money but shit who cares,im not even meant to be still on the planet:rolleyes:

tiredwithtwins Jun 25th 2010 9:39 pm

i dont seem to be able to google any answers?

if you could find the answers you'd be a millionaire!
surely thats the whole point of life ... we are all along for the ride, see where it takes us and all that :lol:

im not quite 45 (43) but often look at my life and think where did ''the plan'' go?? but you know what? you have to look at what you have got, thank whoever that you are here and have a roof over your head, food on your plate, running water, free(ish) healthcare ... so dont look at it as life going wrong, or off-plan, look at it as going off at a tangent, and see the good in what you have, not what you havent got.

:thumbsup::wub:

midgetjan Jun 25th 2010 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins (Post 8657566)
if you could find the answers you'd be a millionaire!
surely thats the whole point of life ... we are all along for the ride, see where it takes us and all that :lol:

im not quite 45 (43) but often look at my life and think where did ''the plan'' go?? but you know what? you have to look at what you have got, thank whoever that you are here and have a roof over your head, food on your plate, running water, free(ish) healthcare ... so dont look at it as life going wrong, or off-plan, look at it as going off at a tangent, and see the good in what you have, not what you havent got.

:thumbsup::wub:

No plan - just take every day as it comes and try to make the most of it. 46 now - not bothered about getting old - it's better than the alternative!! (or as they say - better to be over the hill than under it!)

No worries about a roof over my head - hubby is a roofer... LOL

Life is an adventure and if there's no crap in adventure movies then where's the story?

Yep - just think that by the time you reach 45 you stop caring "what if?" and just think WTF?

paulry Jun 26th 2010 3:30 am

I'm 45 and although it's 20 years plus to retirement I'm thinking about getting everything in place to be ready for that. Spend more time with my family. Get my kids back on the right path. Put something aside for them if I can. Improve my long term health prospects. Make the final push for Australia. Improve my professional prospects. And when all that's done: To chill a bit more :)

Bernieboy Jun 26th 2010 3:33 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 8658103)
I'm 45 and although it's 20 years plus to retirement I'm thinking about getting everything in place to be ready for that. Spend more time with my family. Get my kids back on the right path. Put something aside for them if I can. Improve my long term health prospects. Make the final push for Australia. Improve my professional prospects. And when all that's done: To chill a bit more :)

Yer too sorted for this thread:D

soapy© Jun 26th 2010 3:40 am

act yir age lol

paulry Jun 26th 2010 3:41 am

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly (Post 8658108)
Yer too sorted for this thread:D

Yeah, maybe it's time to go and have a lay down :lol:

Bernieboy Jun 26th 2010 3:50 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 8658114)
Yeah, maybe it's time to go and have a lay down :lol:

Have a break down,then you can re-admitted to the thread:D

mindblower Jun 26th 2010 4:48 am

[/QUOTE]

Definately each day as it comes.

Would I change the past script- DEFINATELY.

:blink:

aston Jun 26th 2010 6:32 am

with thanks

hey brum how are ya?
well ive slept on it and yes money is important,so is the health and i dont think you should of moved to the other side of the world to be on yer 4r5e...

so,onwards and upwards!!!;)

ozzieeagle Jun 26th 2010 6:43 am

If you've got younger kids then your on a railroad track that is difficult to get off.

I'm 55 and haven't got half the freedom that most 45 year olds have. Got to say it does worry me as well.

Oh well such is life... then only up part of this,is, it does seem to have been a contributing factor in keeping me young. People are honestly shocked when the realise how old I am. Especially at the Football.

I am really really looking forwards to being able to travel freely again, which is at least 6 to 8 years away dammit.

I dont know many people that dont like seeing and experiencing different places. So getting yourself into a position where you can do that as easily and as often as possible would be my advice. The other two are, keep "liking" women and listen to as wide a range of music as you are comfortable with, I swear its got hidden health benefits. Everything will fall into place if you do that, IMO.

BadgeIsBack Jun 26th 2010 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly (Post 8657443)
Achieved everything in the first part of my adult life,now just going with the flow and **** it im happy,still looking for that pot to piss in,aint got no money but shit who cares,im not even meant to be still on the planet:rolleyes:

A bloke I knew 20 years ago was killed overseas a few nights ago. Was in the papers. RIP.

BadgeIsBack Jun 26th 2010 10:55 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 8658312)
I dont know many people that dont like seeing and experiencing different places. So getting yourself into a position where you can do that as easily and as often as possible would be my advice. The other two are, keep "liking" women and listen to as wide a range of music as you are comfortable with, I swear its got hidden health benefits. Everything will fall into place if you do that, IMO.

Ozzie - you are very wise. Know what you been about liking women. So many men become bitter and one-dimensional about women. One symptom is 'the man in the pub' type.