Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Are you going back to the UK for good? Never going back? or only on holiday?

Are you going back to the UK for good? Never going back? or only on holiday?

Old Apr 19th 2007, 12:53 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you going back to the UK for good? Never going back? or only on holiday?

OK, I'll take the bait - what's the point of this thread?

It's been posted a hundred times before (on this forum alone, let alone the MBTTUK one). What does it matter what you feel now? How certain can you be that you'll always feel that way? What's right for now isn't right in 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or any other number of years from now. So it makes it a pretty meaningless question.

Or do you have the name of the manufacturer of a bloody good quality crystal ball? And does it tell the lottery numbers too?
Old Apr 19th 2007, 12:55 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are you going back to the UK for good? Never going back? or only on holiday?

Originally Posted by Geordie George

It's been posted a hundred times before (on this forum alone, let alone the MBTTUK one). What does it matter what you feel now? How certain can you be that you'll always feel that way? What's right for now isn't right in 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or any other number of years from now. So it makes it a pretty meaningless question.

Or do you have the name of the manufacturer of a bloody good quality crystal ball? And does it tell the lottery numbers too?
awe sweetie r u surrerin pmt

only jokin babe
Old Apr 19th 2007, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy
I think I like the bucket better
gready moooooooooo
Old Apr 19th 2007, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy
We made it very clear we wouldn't go back for funerals. G's dad is currently ill and isn't expected to last the year, but we won't be attending his funeral.

Might sound awful, but we have no desire to step foot in the UK again.
good on ye.........and no it doesnt sound hard....when yer deed yer deed
Old Apr 19th 2007, 12:59 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
awe sweetie r u surrerin pmt

only jokin babe
So you don't have the number of a good quality crystal ball manufacturerer?

Bugger. Back to work tomorrow then.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:02 pm

So you don't have the number of a good quality crystal ball manufacturerer?

Bugger. Back to work tomorrow then.
i was just thinkin WTF is surrerin then the penny dropped sufferin whit a tit I am
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:06 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

i was just thinkin WTF is surrerin then the penny dropped sufferin whit a tit I am
You typed it, Mrs! If you need a translator for yoursen what hope do we 'ave or understan'in' ya?!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:11 pm

You typed it, Mrs! If you need a translator for yoursen what hope do we 'ave or understan'in' ya?!
its the wine pet....its takin ower ma fingers
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:12 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

its the wine pet....its takin ower ma fingers
That's my excuse too.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:13 pm

That's my excuse too.
hehe good on ye.....am rite bored lol lookin fir mischeif
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:16 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

hehe good on ye.....am rite bored lol lookin fir mischeif
Aye, I hear ya. (You make me wanna type regional dialect. I go into a Scottish accent and I dinnae 'ave one in real life at all. )

There's a distinct lack of decent threads about this evening.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:17 pm

Aye, I hear ya. (You make me wanna type regional dialect. I go into a Scottish accent and I dinnae 'ave one in real life at all. )

There's a distinct lack of decent threads about this evening.
you go fir it ya nugget...type in whitever dialect ye want
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:19 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

you go fir it ya nugget...type in whitever dialect ye want
I have no affinity to KFC or any other chicken fast food processor.

Nugget

(Is there anyone else about, or is it just me and thee?)
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:20 pm
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

I would assume, as is the case with every other useless thread like this, that it's for people who are happy in Australia to jump on it and pat each other on the back for having 'made it work' and slag off Britain.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:21 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
I would assume, as is the case with every other useless thread like this, that it's for people who are happy in Australia to jump on it and pat each other on the back for having 'made it work' and slag off Britain.
Hooray, you found us! I was beginning to think it was but me and Biggy, lost in the Barbie forever.

Pray tell, are there others on the outside, or are you the sole survivor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.