Reload this Page >

You can shove your fugging chariot up your Rs

You can shove your fugging chariot up your Rs

Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:31 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: You can shove your fugging chariot up your Rs

Originally Posted by onceinalifetime
In fairness, and I am Welsh, so therefore have the ability to retain an objective viewpoint at all times, England played well, well better than last week anyway. However, did you hear John Inverdale's comment right after the match along the lines of "So England outscored Wales by 2 tries to one....". And who says the English media can't put a positive spin on things.....
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Bit handy with all the smiles.Good luck to Wales it's just the title that is a bit over the top.That is why I said it was more of a wind up than discussion.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by petensue
Bit handy with all the smiles.Good luck to Wales it's just the title that is a bit over the top.That is why I said it was more of a wind up than discussion.
It's from a song I've heard a few times in the pubs of Cardiff on match day. :smilie not included:
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:51 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sprintman
Rugby, what is that??
Apparently it`s a game played with an egg
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:52 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish you had never posted the title - I have been singing it without meaning to in my head since I read it.

Kids think I am nuts

you can stick your ddddaadddaadada up your duuuuu

I miss Cardiff on match day. We had a debenture and didnt miss many home internationals
Old Feb 15th 2009, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

onceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to all

Problem is alot of English people won't realise that 'Swing Low, Sweet Chariot' was just one of many songs that were sung by Welsh rugby fans on match days (and I also remember the actions, which is sad I know, and yes we are all aware that it was an african american spiritual originally). It irked alot of Welsh fans that a) they had become better at rugby than us and b) stolen one of 'our' songs in the process. Thus we have the title of the thread sung to the tune of Cwm Rhondda, (what John Hughes would make of it, we will never know) most often when we have beaten the Saes.

I do wonder too, at times, how many Australians are aware that their "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie.... Oi, Oi, Oi" chant is stolen/borrowed from the Late Great Max Boyce (he's not dead... just never on time).
Old Feb 15th 2009, 2:07 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Ooh! Is that a cryptic crossword puzzle?

Let's see.
Pride: lions, 3 lions, England.
Comes before: approaches, faces.
Fall: tumble, end of empire, defeat

Ah! England faces defeat. Nice one.

Do I win?
I like you, lets play sometime

Another cryptic clue...
How many world cups?

You're peaking to soon, mark my words,
Cooler
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
I like you, lets play sometime

Another cryptic clue...
How many world cups?

You're peaking to soon, mark my words,
Cooler
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. That's for sure.

Too much complacency after the '87 world cup did us no favours.

"You're peaking to soon, mark my words" - That does seem to be a recurring pattern. I hoping this time that there's more foundation whereas previously there was just icing.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Feb 15th 2009 at 8:41 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:51 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

The truth is, England just cannot pass a hard fast flat ball so they had to rely on superhuman forwards as they showed when the played in NZ and they were 2 down in the scrum on there own line. Whereas, Wales and France can pass the ball quickly with some speed and distance. England can try many things but moving the ball more quickly and accurately will lead on to better and more attacking play - oh and the ability to kick the ball from hand may help

Good luck to Wales, may the carry the flag for the Northern Hemisphere as the rest seem too far behind.

Cooler
Old Feb 15th 2009, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by onceinalifetime
I do wonder too, at times, how many Australians are aware that their "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie.... Oi, Oi, Oi" chant is stolen/borrowed from the Late Great Max Boyce (he's not dead... just never on time).
However, it must be pointed out that Max Boyce in turn 'nicked' it from the cornish, where it did originate, under 'pastie delivery system' for the tin miners
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by windog
However, it must be pointed out that Max Boyce in turn 'nicked' it from the cornish, where it did originate, under 'pastie delivery system' for the tin miners
It could be true but this story is so sickly sweet that it ranks up there with George Washington not telling lies. One wonders whether it's gone through the historical version of Disneyfication. It seems bizarre that oggies, found in all the Brythonic regions should only be attributed to the Cornish.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:51 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
The truth is, England just cannot pass a hard fast flat ball so they had to rely on superhuman forwards as they showed when the played in NZ and they were 2 down in the scrum on there own line. Whereas, Wales and France can pass the ball quickly with some speed and distance. England can try many things but moving the ball more quickly and accurately will lead on to better and more attacking play - oh and the ability to kick the ball from hand may help

Good luck to Wales, may the carry the flag for the Northern Hemisphere as the rest seem too far behind.

Cooler
I'm not calling the result until the end. The final day showdown with the Irish could be interesting if we get past the French. And as for Italy, the less said, the better
Old Feb 16th 2009, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Letspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant future

Swing Low Sweet Chariot has no place being sung at the Millenium stadium.

No better game is played there in the cauldron of passion than Wales v England.

IMHO of course, by the way anybody seen Max Boyces wife?
Old Feb 20th 2009, 8:57 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Letspretend....
Swing Low Sweet Chariot has no place being sung at the Millenium stadium.

No better game is played there in the cauldron of passion than Wales v England.

IMHO of course, by the way anybody seen Max Boyces wife?
Surely he's gay. hidden insult? Its not that insulting - we are very cosmo and 20th century in cardiff which is why we based our stadium in the middle of the city where everyone can enjoy it and still get a pint 10 mins before kick off.

The cornish were celts too and arent really as english as the english....
Old Feb 20th 2009, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Ianevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by windog
Your quite right, Max said this himself. Why has cornwall got welsh place names,and why do they say that their `cornish`? If you go back in History you will discover that cornwall was indeed part of wales.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.