Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

You are all a bunch of moaning whingers!!

Wikiposts

You are all a bunch of moaning whingers!!

Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:23 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute
Default You are all a bunch of moaning whingers!!

Hello everyone - its time for another controversial and thought provoking post!

I have finally figured out why you Brits moan so much......

Apparently, you are at your happiest when you have something to whine about.....at least according to a new book.

Recent news article from the News.com.au website on March 11, 2008 included below.

After so many posts on this forum about how the weather is too hot, the rain too little, the beach too sandy, the housing poorly built (with poor double glazing, lets not forget) and the flies too prevalent, here is another chance for you guys to get it off your chest......

I've been criticised many a time on this post for saying that Brits moan about things (I have an english mum and and english girlfriend, don't forget, so I cop it from all angles) - but FINALLY some author has caught on to this!!!

Thoughts and criticism - direct it this way people - I've got my anti-moaning coat on, nothing can hurt me!

brahahahaha brahahahaha hahaha (evil laugh....)

BRITISH people are at their happiest when they are thoroughly miserable, a new book claims.

After an extensive search around the world for the happiest people he could find, American author and journalist Eric Weiner says Britons only enjoy themselves when they have something to complain about.

"Britain is a great place for grumps and most Brits, I suspect, derive a perverse pleasure from their grumpiness," Weiner says in his book, extracts of which were published in London's The Daily Telegraph newspaper today.

"For the British, happiness is a transatlantic import. And by transatlantic, they mean American. And by American, they mean silly, infantile drivel."

Weiner blames Britain's affair with misery on the nation's obsession with "chronic politeness" as well as its "bland" cuisine and personality.

His book, The Geography of Bliss, is already riding high in the best-seller charts in the US.
[/B]

full news article here:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...-13762,00.html

Last edited by AndyR1976; Mar 10th 2008 at 3:26 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:41 pm
The Doctors Assistant

Samuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really nice
Default Re: You are all a bunch of moaning whingers!!

Originally Posted by AndyR1976

Apparently, you are at your happiest when you have something to whine about.....at least according to a new book.

Recent news article from the News.com.au website on March 11, 2008 included below.

After so many posts on this forum about how the weather is too hot, the rain too little, the beach too sandy, the housing poorly built (with poor double glazing, lets not forget) and the flies too prevalent, here is another chance for you guys to get it off your chest......

I've been criticised many a time on this post for saying that Brits moan about things (I have an english mum and and english girlfriend, don't forget, so I cop it from all angles) - but FINALLY some author has caught on to this!!!

Thoughts and criticism - direct it this way people - I've got my anti-moaning coat on, nothing can hurt me!

brahahahaha brahahahaha hahaha (evil laugh....)

full news article here:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...-13762,00.html
You will cope it for this post.

But I agree us Brits like nothing more that a good moan.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

marcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to all

Author and views will be dismissed because he's not British - and the last thing British people want is someone who isn't British making observations and judgements about them.

If it's someone British in Britain, then they're dismissed with equal fervour and told that if they don't like it, leave...

Same in Australia of and with the Aussies.

In fairness I find the Aussie cuisine pretty bland and on par with English cuisine, and there's A LOT of Aussie whingers too.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:47 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Well I don't believe it!!! This kind of post gets me furious! How dare you tar us all with the same brush. Your parents and girlfriend may be moaners so bad luck there but I for one never whine, moan or complain. I am sick to death of these generalisations.

Damn, it's too bloody hot today and the air conditioners struggle in this shell of a building. Off for a lie down on my (imported) bed.

Bla, bla, bla...
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Samuel Spaniel
You will cope it for this post.

But I agree us Brits like nothing more that a good moan.
Do you not think its becasue we have higher standards?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

Disagree,

That book was written by a yank, called Weener, need to say anymore there?

After living down under for a few years I totally dis-agree. It is Australians who have become a nation if whiners, complainers and moaners about everything.

You have nightly programs, today tonight, current affair etc that is just a wining session for 45 minutes. Australians moan about everything all of the time..your parliament sessions are laughable, not even constructive, just constant moaning from front to back bench.

Yes the English complain about the weather and the shoddy workmanship and slack attitude of Australian tradesman who cant even be bothered to return phone calls. We complain because we are an island the size of Victoria with 60 million people on it and we let muppets like you come over and take the pis*.

Many Australians are intollerant, racist and constant moaners and on top of that have a really unjustified superiority complex? What cos your good at cricket, whoo hoo. I have lost count how many conversations I have had with pudgy goatie faced australian men around the barby pulling out the same shi* remarks about England, English sport and how great Australians are.?

I stand in the queue at Stanstard Airport 2.5 hours before a domestic flight and the brits are in line, chatting waiting and no worries. I stand in a Melbourne line 45 minutes before a domestric flight and locals are swearing and moaning about queue sizes and having to wait. Why, cos your becomming a nation od constant moaners....

Aussie battler, yeah right !!!

Fu** off Andy, go for a jog or something...
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:22 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:23 pm
The Doctors Assistant

Samuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really nice

Originally Posted by glittababe
Do you not think its becasue we have higher standards?
Not sure

We like to moan about bad service but we are not very good at complaining about it
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:58 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sherro
Disagree,

That book was written by a yank, called Weener, need to say anymore there?

After living down under for a few years I totally dis-agree. It is Australians who have become a nation if whiners, complainers and moaners about everything.

You have nightly programs, today tonight, current affair etc that is just a wining session for 45 minutes. Australians moan about everything all of the time..your parliament sessions are laughable, not even constructive, just constant moaning from front to back bench.

Yes the English complain about the weather and the shoddy workmanship and slack attitude of Australian tradesman who cant even be bothered to return phone calls. We complain because we are an island the size of Victoria with 60 million people on it and we let muppets like you come over and take the pis*.

Many Australians are intollerant, racist and constant moaners and on top of that have a really unjustified superiority complex? What cos your good at cricket, whoo hoo. I have lost count how many conversations I have had with pudgy goatie faced australian men around the barby pulling out the same shi* remarks about England, English sport and how great Australians are.?

I stand in the queue at Stanstard Airport 2.5 hours before a domestic flight and the brits are in line, chatting waiting and no worries. I stand in a Melbourne line 45 minutes before a domestric flight and locals are swearing and moaning about queue sizes and having to wait. Why, cos your becomming a nation od constant moaners....

Aussie battler, yeah right !!!

Fu** off Andy, go for a jog or something...

Thats the sorta stuff I'm talking about...... let it all out lady!!

:

Yeah, gonna head out for a run on the beach after work ......yawn......lovely day up this way...........ahhhhhh, this is the life, peae and quiet, nice day at work, run on the beach this arvo and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.....he he he !!

I love you guys - its even easier than winding up my mum ....honestly!!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:00 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
Well I don't believe it!!! This kind of post gets me furious! How dare you tar us all with the same brush. Your parents and girlfriend may be moaners so bad luck there but I for one never whine, moan or complain. I am sick to death of these generalisations.

Damn, it's too bloody hot today and the air conditioners struggle in this shell of a building. Off for a lie down on my (imported) bed.

Bla, bla, bla...
Freckle, that was a poor attempt at moaning - go back at read Sherro's post and see if you can come back with something better 4 out of 10.

Good effort though -
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:07 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

Freckle, that was a poor attempt at moaning - go back at read Sherro's post and see if you can come back with something better 4 out of 10.

Good effort though -
I'm piss poor at it, you see.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

to you xx

freck
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:28 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
I'm piss poor at it, you see.
Well you had better learn it Freckle-odeon !!! You definately won't fit in as a proper British expat unless you can complain about lots of stuff.....

Basically, you have to come to a different country, and spend most of your waking hours complaining about its not EXACTLY the same as the place you come from.......

You brits, gotta lova ya's...................
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Well you had better learn it Freckle-odeon !!! You definately won't fit in as a proper British expat unless you can complain about lots of stuff.....

Basically, you have to come to a different country, and spend most of your waking hours complaining about its not EXACTLY the same as the place you come from.......

You brits, gotta lova ya's...................
Why are you always on here complaining about the British in some form or another then?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Samuel Spaniel
Not sure

We like to moan about bad service but we are not very good at complaining about it
whereas the yanks complain about bad service/standards and do something about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.