British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Yet another housework avoidence thread... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/yet-another-housework-avoidence-thread-747219/)

eddie007 Feb 2nd 2012 12:10 pm

Yet another housework avoidence thread...

Any ideas? One bathroom down, telephone and cables cleaned.... Dish washer partially loaded...

What next?

had a smoko...

Just got the rest of the WHOLE house to tackle.... Been avoiding the place for the last six weeks due to MIL and you can tell!!!!!

Vacuuming, damp dusting, floor washing, washing up, kitchen cleaning, laundry and folding of that still to go...

Massive job... Heart breaking... Soul destroying..

When I win the lotto I'm taking a suite in an hotel .... So some other bugger can do it all...

Dreamy Feb 2nd 2012 12:31 pm

Re: Yet another housework avoidence thread...

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 9881266)
Any ideas? One bathroom down, telephone and cables cleaned.... Dish washer partially loaded...

What next?

had a smoko...

Just got the rest of the WHOLE house to tackle.... Been avoiding the place for the last six weeks due to MIL and you can tell!!!!!

Vacuuming, damp dusting, floor washing, washing up, kitchen cleaning, laundry and folding of that still to go...

When I win the lotto I'm taking a suite in an hotel .... So some other bugger can do it all...

No point doing housework on a Friday. Kids will just mess it all up over the weekend.

Leave it to Monday :)

SillyOldBag Feb 2nd 2012 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Dreamy (Post 9881283)
No point doing housework on a Friday. Kids will just mess it all up over the weekend.

Leave it to Monday :)

Yes that makes sense but I think it has been proven (in my mind anyway) that Mondays psychologically are not good days for doing housework ... Leave it til Tuesday :)

jad n rich Feb 2nd 2012 1:37 pm

Leave it. Chances are the kids/husband wont notice anyway.

Or hire a clean up squad and send the bill to the mother in law:lol:

Dreamy Feb 2nd 2012 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag (Post 9881287)
Yes that makes sense but I think it has been proven (in my mind anyway) that Mondays psychologically are not good days for doing housework ... Leave it til Tuesday :)

Studies have shown that women who start housework on Tuesdays are more likely to suffer from accidents in the home.

Best to leave it to Wednesday.

brissybee Feb 2nd 2012 6:32 pm

Best days to do grocery shopping are tuesdays and wednesdays so best to leave housework to do on Thursday.

Dreamy Feb 2nd 2012 6:38 pm

However there is an ancient proverb - she who hoover on a Thursday will have tears by Friday.

scottishcelts Feb 2nd 2012 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by Dreamy (Post 9881542)
However there is an ancient proverb - she who hoover on a Thursday will have tears by Friday.

:lol:

So win the lotto girls - problem solved! ;)

eddie007 Feb 2nd 2012 8:24 pm

According to your collective logic (which I find unbelieveabl simply and easy to understand 100%) There simply ISNT a Good day to start housework...:thumbsup:

Good job I bailed and went shopping at spotlight instead eh? Wouldnt want to start cleaning on the wrong day....

Did you know their christmas fabrics/panals are all down to $2..

And they had some grab bags of mettler and Gutterman threads for $10... Each had at least 10 spools in each.... Unfortunately they only had 7 left :(

Wish I hadnt gone with my mate... She found two of them before I could snaffle the lot :thumbdown:

Oh well... Live and learn eh?

bingobob777 Feb 2nd 2012 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 9881266)

What next?

had a smoko...

MIL, house work...............

are you ever happy?

elice_in_oz Feb 3rd 2012 10:39 am

Originally Posted by bingobob777 (Post 9881820)

are you ever happy?

Have you ever been a woman? :rolleyes:

And do you ever stop with the judgemental attitude? :sneaky:

brissybee Feb 3rd 2012 11:50 am

For anyone contemplating doing the washing, better not to do it over the weekend. The weather is unpredictable and it could rain... and if it doesn't rain, husband will mow lawn and everyone knows you can't mow around washing on the line.

eddie007 Feb 3rd 2012 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by bingobob777 (Post 9881820)

are you ever happy?

Yes... I'm always happy....:frown:

Apart from when I have MIL staying or have to do housework....

Bloody hate housework.... And with 4 kids and The One staying I have more than my fair share....Everytime I finish the housework it starts again...

Only a man could have invented the bloody thing... And that would be invented to keep the little woman tied to the sink and not out partying...

I dislike housework, But not as much as I hate clearing out my wardrobe... Have clothes I brought over from the uk and havent ever worn... And Today will be a sending stuff to Op Shop day I think....

Thats unless summit else comes up..... Like pulling my finger nails off with red hot pincers....

brissybee Feb 27th 2012 2:05 pm

I have discovered housework is not possible when waiting for an electrician to arrive. No point in starting appliances to have them turned off half way through when the power goes off.

Likewise, it is also not possible while the electrician is here. No power, no will. Best not to even stack the dishwasher while he is here. In case of electric shock.

I suspect housework will not be possible when he has gone as it will be too late. I will be too tired, the kids will need collecting, grocery shopping to be done, you know how it is...

moneypenny20 Feb 27th 2012 4:20 pm

Some of you put way too much thought into this. Why make excuses? Just don't fricking do it. It ain't hard!