Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Yet another disappointing "winter" in Australia comes to a close...

Yet another disappointing "winter" in Australia comes to a close...

Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:58 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yet another disappointing "winter" in Australia comes to a close...

Yep was tough indeed! like someone before said.. bright clear sunny days and then lovely cold mornings and evenings! My god, I even had to take a jumper out with me on the odd occassion!

Em x
Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Rain, what rain? I heard that there it will be an dry El Nino summer. Maybe there will just be enough to dampen the dust down.
I am really interested in this after a discussion at work yesterday!
Varying views on this year & lots of folks concerned that we get a reflection of what is currently happening in the Northern hemisphere ie big typhoons.
Mango trees very laden too, which apparently is a bad sign (unless you love mangoes!).
Need to find out how high the turtles are laying their eggs though as this is the definitive sign of a bad cyclonic season to come!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
good riddance to Winter. Got burnt 3 times in the last 5 weeks
Don't play with fire and you won't get burnt!!!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:37 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
I am really interested in this after a discussion at work yesterday!
Varying views on this year & lots of folks concerned that we get a reflection of what is currently happening in the Northern hemisphere ie big typhoons.
Mango trees very laden too, which apparently is a bad sign (unless you love mangoes!).
Need to find out how high the turtles are laying their eggs though as this is the definitive sign of a bad cyclonic season to come!
It's when they lay them in the trees that you worry.

Cooler
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
It's when they lay them in the trees that you worry.

Cooler
How do turtles lay eggs in trees... do you mean between the trees?
Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:53 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
How do turtles lay eggs in trees... do you mean between the trees?
I was referring to sallyclaire's comment about seeing how high the turtles lay their eggs

Cooler
Old Aug 26th 2009, 5:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
I was referring to sallyclaire's comment about seeing how high the turtles lay their eggs

Cooler
Referred to Sally then:

How do turtles lay eggs in trees?
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:37 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Well I have to say I am bitterly disappointed with my winter. I came to Orange beacuse they told me it had four seasons just like home and that winter was freezing and snowy and blustery etc etc......

Pah! what a flamin' porky pie! Its rained six times in six months, two frosts, one windy day and I've worn my coat twice. I'm still mowing the flaming lawn for phook's sake! That would never happen in England. I think I might sue someone under the trade desciptions act!

Ha!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:45 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Are we in the same Sydney, Mark? Sunday was summery - beautiful, hot, in fact - and as I type the sun is shining, but the temperature is up and down like a bride's nightie.

I still need my snuggie on an evening. (with the heaters on, too)
Old Aug 26th 2009, 11:36 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Seasider
Are we in the same Sydney, Mark? Sunday was summery - beautiful, hot, in fact - and as I type the sun is shining, but the temperature is up and down like a bride's nightie.

I still need my snuggie on an evening. (with the heaters on, too)
Admittedly its cool in the mornings, but I'm not wearing my jacket on the train anymore. We've been sitting in the back with the patio door open in the evenings.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Yes, it is very nice at the moment, but it was chilly a few weeks back, I mainly stayed in bed with my blanket on!! roll on summer!
Old Aug 27th 2009, 12:30 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Winter? What winter?
Old Aug 27th 2009, 12:34 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burbage
Winter? What winter?
As far as I'm concerned winter still happens between December and March. That when all the sh1t weather happens.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 12:42 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Yes, it is very nice at the moment, but it was chilly a few weeks back, I mainly stayed in bed with my blanket on!! roll on summer!
You need a nice man to keep you warm,not a blanket
Old Aug 27th 2009, 3:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Referred to Sally then:

How do turtles lay eggs in trees?
How high up the beach was what I meant! Where did the trees come from?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.