British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Yes tubs, the plan worked beautifully (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/yes-tubs-plan-worked-beautifully-672899/)

stevenglish Jun 17th 2010 9:47 pm

Yes tubs, the plan worked beautifully

I've spent the last 3 months organising a surprise 40th for my beloved, and it went like a dream.

I took her to the Collegians club Wollongong for a 'posh meal!!' me in a black shirt and white tie, and her wearing her new blue dress.

I got a bit confused as to which door to go through and ushered Sandra in first, there she was greated by 100 or so of her friends and family including work friends and hairdresser etc, all dressed in black and white and all to the tune of happy birthday (altered images).

After the initial shock and afew tears, Tracy by level 42 came on, and out of the crowd came her best buddy from the UK that I'd flown over, the look on her face was a picture. The cake/disposeable cameras/balloons and embarrassing pictures all in black and white, ixcept for one great big balloon in the middle of the ceiling which was blue and matched her dress perfectly.

She popped the balloon and loads of little black and white ones exploded from it, all the music was what I'd chosen and knew were her favourites

I burnt CD's for all the women there where every track bore their name in one of the track titles, which went down a storm wiv the ladies, got some grimaced 'bastard' s from the blokes tho lol

I got her friends and family to film them all singing happy birthday to her and this was put on a big projector screen and synched with everyone else singing it.

What a night, I don't think she'll ever forget it.

Thanks to Theresa, and Wendy and Brian (both on this site) for all your help

:D

iamthecreaturefromuranus Jun 17th 2010 9:50 pm

Re: Yes tubs, the plan worked beautifully

Originally Posted by stevenglish (Post 8639741)
I've spent the last 3 months organising a surprise 40th for my beloved, and it went like a dream.

I took her to the Collegians club Wollongong for a 'posh meal!!' me in a black shirt and white tie, and her wearing her new blue dress.

I got a bit confused as to which door to go through and ushered Sandra in first, there she was greated by 100 or so of her friends and family including work friends and hairdresser etc, all dressed in black and white and all to the tune of happy birthday (altered images).

After the initial shock and afew tears, Tracy by level 42 came on, and out of the crowd came her best buddy from the UK that I'd flown over, the look on her face was a picture. The cake/disposeable cameras/balloons and embarrassing pictures all in black and white, ixcept for one great big balloon in the middle of the ceiling which was blue and matched her dress perfectly.

She popped the balloon and loads of little black and white ones exploded from it, all the music was what I'd chosen and knew were her favourites

I burnt CD's for all the women there where every track bore their name in one of the track titles, which went down a storm wiv the ladies, got some grimaced 'bastard' s from the blokes tho lol

I got her friends and family to film them all singing happy birthday to her and this was put on a big projector screen and synched with everyone else singing it.

Nice one mate... but a 'posh meal' at the Collegians.... she can't have fallen for that. :eek: :D

stevenglish Jun 17th 2010 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus (Post 8639746)
Nice one mate... but a 'posh meal' at the Collegians.... she can't have fallen for that. :eek: :D

That was pretty much the only sticking point lol, all tarted up, gets in the taxi, 'Colli's club please mate' at that stage she was thinking 'tight bastard':rofl:

iamthecreaturefromuranus Jun 17th 2010 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by stevenglish (Post 8639754)
That was pretty much the only sticking point lol, all tarted up, gets in the taxi, 'Colli's club please mate' at that stage she was thinking 'tight bastard':rofl:

I think the sticking point if I had tried that would have been convincing the wife to even step out the front door with me wearing a black shirt and white tie. :rofl:

I can hear it now "you're not in the bloody Mafia you know?"

BadgeIsBack Jun 17th 2010 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus (Post 8639746)

Black shirt, white tie - all you were missing were half the Premier League and their wives!

Kingseat Jun 17th 2010 10:34 pm

aaawww what a fantastic surprise!

jad n rich Jun 17th 2010 10:38 pm

I bet your in her good books for a while:lol:

poppy14 Jun 18th 2010 12:57 am

wow that sounds amazing , so much thought gone into it , :)

stevenglish Jun 18th 2010 1:29 am

Originally Posted by jad n rich (Post 8639817)
I bet your in her good books for a while:lol:

Oh yes, but she won't be seeing the credit card bill:rofl:

moneypenny20 Jun 18th 2010 6:46 am

Originally Posted by stevenglish (Post 8640047)
Oh yes, but she won't be seeing the credit card bill:rofl:

However nice the blokes on here are being, they're probably all really grateful their wives don't post ;)

I'd kill my husband if he planned a surprise party for me, it's my idea of hell on earth but it all sounds brilliant and I'd have cried buckets if my best mate appeared out of the blue :(

squeezzii Jun 18th 2010 8:50 am

thats so lovely- well done on wanting to plan such a fabulous surprise!

Beedubya Jun 18th 2010 10:07 am

Very well done you, mind you an invite wouldn't have gone amiss. :sneaky:

emelems Jun 18th 2010 10:17 am

Sounds out of this world!!! Well done!! :thumbup:

Em x

katsmajic Jun 18th 2010 10:28 am

Sounds fantastic, well done for pulling off such a fab surprise party. xx

stevenglish Jun 18th 2010 9:52 pm

all i can say is that I love sanj so much it hurts, I can't imagine my life without her in it. just back from mthe frat club England were shite but none of that matters x

iamthecreaturefromuranus Jun 18th 2010 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by stevenglish (Post 8641873)
all i can say is that I love sanj so much it hurts, I can't imagine my life without her in it. just back from mthe frat club England were shite but none of that matters x

It sounds like the beer was good at least. Soppy bugger. ;)

Beedubya Jun 18th 2010 9:58 pm

Awwww. :wub:

stevenglish Jun 19th 2010 1:17 am

Computers and beer, not a good match:o

BadgeIsBack Jun 19th 2010 2:51 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 8640386)
However nice the blokes on here are being, they're probably all really grateful their wives don't post ;)

I'd kill my husband if he planned a surprise party for me, it's my idea of hell on earth but it all sounds brilliant and I'd have cried buckets if my best mate appeared out of the blue :(

:p

Good on ya mate. It's great being married to a fantastic women...is it not..I feel for the sods partnered up in miserable and pedestrian marriages....I might have to think something up for the big 4 0 - no black shirts though(!) - cheers...

B

stevenglish Jun 19th 2010 3:16 am

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack (Post 8642206)
:

Good on ya mate. It's great being married to a fantastic women...is it not..I feel for the sods partnered up in miserable and pedestrian marriages....I might have to think something up for the big 4 0 - no black shirts though(!) - cheers...

B

Good on ya fella, 19 years and still going strong for us, never been boring, always been seat of the pants stuff. To be honest I've never felt like I've had to work at it either, arsehole lucky I guess:D

BadgeIsBack Jun 19th 2010 4:20 am

Originally Posted by stevenglish (Post 8642222)
Good on ya fella, 19 years and still going strong for us, never been boring, always been seat of the pants stuff. To be honest I've never felt like I've had to work at it either, arsehole lucky I guess:D

I know exactly what you mean. It almost looks after itself. Our anniversary is today.:thumbup:

stevenglish Jun 19th 2010 4:47 am

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack (Post 8642264)
I know exactly what you mean. It almost looks after itself. Our anniversary is today.:thumbup:

Good on ya maty, happy anniversary to you and Mrs Badge. Hope ya have a great day:)

stevenglish Jun 19th 2010 5:08 am

1 Attachment(s)
bottom right sanj's face at the exact moment she clocked Trace, dunno who took the pic but i wanna buy em a beer

stevenglish Jun 19th 2010 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 8641886)
Awwww. :wub:

Promise, next time we have a barby I'll let ya know :)