Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Yes tubs, the plan worked beautifully

Yes tubs, the plan worked beautifully

Old Jun 17th 2010, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yes tubs, the plan worked beautifully

I've spent the last 3 months organising a surprise 40th for my beloved, and it went like a dream.

I took her to the Collegians club Wollongong for a 'posh meal!!' me in a black shirt and white tie, and her wearing her new blue dress.

I got a bit confused as to which door to go through and ushered Sandra in first, there she was greated by 100 or so of her friends and family including work friends and hairdresser etc, all dressed in black and white and all to the tune of happy birthday (altered images).

After the initial shock and afew tears, Tracy by level 42 came on, and out of the crowd came her best buddy from the UK that I'd flown over, the look on her face was a picture. The cake/disposeable cameras/balloons and embarrassing pictures all in black and white, ixcept for one great big balloon in the middle of the ceiling which was blue and matched her dress perfectly.

She popped the balloon and loads of little black and white ones exploded from it, all the music was what I'd chosen and knew were her favourites

I burnt CD's for all the women there where every track bore their name in one of the track titles, which went down a storm wiv the ladies, got some grimaced 'bastard' s from the blokes tho lol

I got her friends and family to film them all singing happy birthday to her and this was put on a big projector screen and synched with everyone else singing it.

What a night, I don't think she'll ever forget it.

Thanks to Theresa, and Wendy and Brian (both on this site) for all your help

Old Jun 17th 2010, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yes tubs, the plan worked beautifully

Originally Posted by stevenglish
I've spent the last 3 months organising a surprise 40th for my beloved, and it went like a dream.

I took her to the Collegians club Wollongong for a 'posh meal!!' me in a black shirt and white tie, and her wearing her new blue dress.

I got a bit confused as to which door to go through and ushered Sandra in first, there she was greated by 100 or so of her friends and family including work friends and hairdresser etc, all dressed in black and white and all to the tune of happy birthday (altered images).

After the initial shock and afew tears, Tracy by level 42 came on, and out of the crowd came her best buddy from the UK that I'd flown over, the look on her face was a picture. The cake/disposeable cameras/balloons and embarrassing pictures all in black and white, ixcept for one great big balloon in the middle of the ceiling which was blue and matched her dress perfectly.

She popped the balloon and loads of little black and white ones exploded from it, all the music was what I'd chosen and knew were her favourites

I burnt CD's for all the women there where every track bore their name in one of the track titles, which went down a storm wiv the ladies, got some grimaced 'bastard' s from the blokes tho lol

I got her friends and family to film them all singing happy birthday to her and this was put on a big projector screen and synched with everyone else singing it.

Nice one mate... but a 'posh meal' at the Collegians.... she can't have fallen for that.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Nice one mate... but a 'posh meal' at the Collegians.... she can't have fallen for that.
That was pretty much the only sticking point lol, all tarted up, gets in the taxi, 'Colli's club please mate' at that stage she was thinking 'tight bastard'
Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

That was pretty much the only sticking point lol, all tarted up, gets in the taxi, 'Colli's club please mate' at that stage she was thinking 'tight bastard'
I think the sticking point if I had tried that would have been convincing the wife to even step out the front door with me wearing a black shirt and white tie.

I can hear it now "you're not in the bloody Mafia you know?"
Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Black shirt, white tie - all you were missing were half the Premier League and their wives!
Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

aaawww what a fantastic surprise!
Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

I bet your in her good books for a while
Old Jun 18th 2010, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

poppy14 is an unknown quantity at this point

wow that sounds amazing , so much thought gone into it ,
Old Jun 18th 2010, 1:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I bet your in her good books for a while
Oh yes, but she won't be seeing the credit card bill
Old Jun 18th 2010, 6:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes, but she won't be seeing the credit card bill
However nice the blokes on here are being, they're probably all really grateful their wives don't post

I'd kill my husband if he planned a surprise party for me, it's my idea of hell on earth but it all sounds brilliant and I'd have cried buckets if my best mate appeared out of the blue
Old Jun 18th 2010, 8:50 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

thats so lovely- well done on wanting to plan such a fabulous surprise!
Old Jun 18th 2010, 10:07 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Very well done you, mind you an invite wouldn't have gone amiss.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 10:17 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds out of this world!!! Well done!!

Em x
Old Jun 18th 2010, 10:28 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds fantastic, well done for pulling off such a fab surprise party. xx
Old Jun 18th 2010, 9:52 pm
Account Closed

all i can say is that I love sanj so much it hurts, I can't imagine my life without her in it. just back from mthe frat club England were shite but none of that matters x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.