The Yes No vote

Old Sep 29th 2017, 1:00 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Yes No vote

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Looks like the Attorney General agrees with me.
Can't believe the opposition to this song being sung. The lyrics don't preach hate. Same sex people aren't vilified. Glad the Attorney General isn't a precious little snow flake.

"Gay" is synonymous with the lesser
It's the same hate that's caused wars from religion
Gender to skin color, the complexion of your pigment
The same fight that led people to walk-outs and sit-ins
Old Sep 29th 2017, 1:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Can't believe the opposition to this song being sung. The lyrics don't preach hate. Same sex people aren't vilified. Glad the Attorney General isn't a precious little snow flake.

Isn't it wonderful we are having a debate about it, then a vote.

Of course, there are those who will cry foul because the debate causing offence, to both sides.

There will some religious nutters that will feel offence just like same sex team will.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 3:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not the song itself it's the fact that the yes campaign is getting a platform at the NRL grand final, and the no campaign isn't. I think this could do the yes campaign more harm than good.

It's like these huge companies putting their weight behind Yes. It's one person one vote, by boss doesn't speak on my behalf no matter which way he's voting so he can't stand up and say 'my company of 5000 people is voting yes' and not be full of shit.

We know how stubborn people can be when constantly being told they're ignorant or racist if they vote a certain way, and this is no different. I stand by my assertion that a no vote is born out of prejudice, however you want to dress it up. However, we're all guilty of some sort of prejudice aren't we? This whole thing is a bloody mess, if the idea was to bring the country together, then it's an abject failure. Just the fact that I get a say in the validity of someone elses adult, consentual relationship is ludicrous.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 3:41 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Isn't it wonderful we are having a debate about it, then a vote.

Of course, there are those who will cry foul because the debate causing offence, to both sides.

There will some religious nutters that will feel offence just like same sex team will.
No, it's not wonderful that we're having a debate about it, then a vote. Governments send their citizens to war without a vote, yet we all get a say on whether same sex couples are 'allowed' to marry? Give me a break.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 3:48 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
It's not the song itself it's the fact that the yes campaign is getting a platform at the NRL grand final, and the no campaign isn't. I think this could do the yes campaign more harm than good.

It's like these huge companies putting their weight behind Yes. It's one person one vote, by boss doesn't speak on my behalf no matter which way he's voting so he can't stand up and say 'my company of 5000 people is voting yes' and not be full of shit.

We know how stubborn people can be when constantly being told they're ignorant or racist if they vote a certain way, and this is no different. I stand by my assertion that a no vote is born out of prejudice, however you want to dress it up. However, we're all guilty of some sort of prejudice aren't we? This whole thing is a bloody mess, if the idea was to bring the country together, then it's an abject failure. Just the fact that I get a say in the validity of someone elses adult, consentual relationship is ludicrous.
And therein lies the rub. People who are all puffed up with importance because they've stupidly been given the right of veto over something that doesn't affect them, allowing themselves to be swayed because some rapper sings one of his hit songs? Wonderful people to be in charge of others' lives.

I totally agree with your last sentence, even if your spelling's shite
Old Sep 29th 2017, 7:29 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
There speaks a happily married man who has never caused or suffered terrible spousal abuse.

I don't understand why you think rules for any marriage need tightening up or whatever. Your marriage is yours. It can't be damaged, improved or changed because of anyone else's. No other marriage is like yours, mine isn't even if we'd said the same words at the same event when our marriages started. It's simply a contract between two individuals and how you manage that contract is also individual to you. One size does not fit all.

Not having a go, I just don't get why people think that there is only one correct way to do something, whatever that something may be.
Spectacularly well put.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 8:50 pm
Account Closed

And therein lies the rub. People who are all puffed up with importance because they've stupidly been given the right of veto over something that doesn't affect them, allowing themselves to be swayed because some rapper sings one of his hit songs? Wonderful people to be in charge of others' lives.

ahem, shit haha
Old Sep 29th 2017, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

No, it's not wonderful that we're having a debate about it, then a vote. Governments send their citizens to war without a vote, yet we all get a say on whether same sex couples are 'allowed' to marry? Give me a break.
And on an important issues like war, there is no reason why that can't be put to the people too.

The thing is, same sex marriage is a sensitive issue for yes and a sensitive is for no and even a sensitive issue for the "I don't cares".

Put it too the people. Job done.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 10:46 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

if the idea was to bring the country together, then it's an abject failure.
The idea was to keep the coalition from falling apart. Which means the entire farce is because of 20-30 far right loonies.

A baseball bat would have been cheaper and far more practical.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 11:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by GarryP
The idea was to keep the coalition from falling apart. Which means the entire farce is because of 20-30 far right loonies.

A baseball bat would have been cheaper and far more practical.
What annoys me more than anything is that everyone had their minds made up already, no=one needed any campaigning to either side. It should have been an X factor style 'text yes if you're in favour to 12345. would have been far simpler and cheaper
Old Sep 30th 2017, 12:23 am
Account Closed

Doesn't that mean though, that it's the message not the spelling that's important? You're lucky I've voted already, your grammar naziism was enough to trigger me into a no vote

I've got a gay mate who voted no, explain him haha.
Old Oct 1st 2017, 12:47 am
Account Closed

Excellent decision by the NRL, all pro / anti same sex marriage flags and such are going to be confiscated. Rightly so in my opinion, it's the way the Yes campaign jumped on this as an opportunity that got my goat.
Old Oct 1st 2017, 12:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Beoz

Put it too the people. Job done.
Where was my voting slip when you got married?
Old Oct 1st 2017, 1:23 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent decision by the NRL, all pro / anti same sex marriage flags and such are going to be confiscated. Rightly so in my opinion, it's the way the Yes campaign jumped on this as an opportunity that got my goat.
They haven't banned any flags more than usual though:

No NRL grand final rainbow flag ban, confirms Sydney's Olympic stadium ahead of Macklemore performance - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
Old Oct 1st 2017, 1:29 am
Account Closed

I was reading the paper this morning and they said there was a specific ban in place. Don't tell me they were talking shit in a newspaper, no no no it can't be.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...1eef79dd9e35be

Suppose we'll see this afternoon, there'll be a riot or a mass walkout if it turns into a political rally.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Oct 1st 2017 at 1:40 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.