The Yes No vote

Old Sep 21st 2017, 12:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Yes No vote

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
My head spins that someone believes that they are somehow superior - preventing equality - to their neighbour, their relative, their work mate simply because of who they've fallen in love with. That, in no way shape or form is rational.
Unfortunately the world is full of people who think like that.
The world is full of people who think they have the right to judge people's relationships, be they straight, gay, bi, trans, whatever type of relationships, and those people don't care about the pain they inflict on those they are judging.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 1:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
If you want to put that spin on it, then are we good for multiple spouses? Fair is fair after all.
Frankly I couldn't care less. If Fred wants to marry both Wilma and Betty and Wilma and Betty are in total agreement being as they're all adults and have control of their own minds then I don't have a problem with it. Marriage is a weird concept imo. But it is a thing, and until it is no longer a thing (which will never happen) then all who want to, who are adult and free thinking, should be able to do it. My marriage isn't special just because it consists of me and the husband. My marriage is ours and no one else's, just as every other marriage is absolutely nothing to do with me.

Personally the idea of having two husbands or a husband and a wife is not one I can imagine ever wanting but who am I to say that because it's not for me, it shouldn't be for anyone else either? And before anyone starts, no it wouldn't lead to being allowed to marry and **** animals. We're talking free thinking adults.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 1:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Frankly I couldn't care less. If Fred wants to marry both Wilma and Betty and Wilma and Betty are in total agreement being as they're all adults and have control of their own minds then I don't have a problem with it. Marriage is a weird concept imo. But it is a thing, and until it is no longer a thing (which will never happen) then all who want to, who are adult and free thinking, should be able to do it. My marriage isn't special just because it consists of me and the husband. My marriage is ours and no one else's, just as every other marriage is absolutely nothing to do with me.

Personally the idea of having two husbands or a husband and a wife is not one I can imagine ever wanting but who am I to say that because it's not for me, it shouldn't be for anyone else either? And before anyone starts, no it wouldn't lead to being allowed to marry and **** animals. We're talking free thinking adults.
Free thinking cousins?
Old Sep 21st 2017, 1:40 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I know a pair of 2nd cousins that have remained happily married for decades.
I know a pair of homosexual chaps that have been together decades and are now happily married &
I know a very lovely young friend of mine who has found love and I am happy to say he will be able to marry his man. I regard him and his 'straight' brother as close family.

I'm not religious so I really don't get why others who are not effected make such a fuss over something that doesn't touch them.

It is a rather unpleasant judgement call which denies these gay people the same rights as everyone else. To be married if they so wish & thereafter to divorce if they so wish.

It is not as if they are causing any sort of upset to anyone else's lives. I don't see any of those that I personally know wishing harm or meddling with other people's relationships or marriages.

They simply wish to make their commitment by becoming married . Leave them alone. Allow them to marry.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 1:43 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Unfortunately the world is full of people who think like that.
The world is full of people who think they have the right to judge people's relationships, be they straight, gay, bi, trans, whatever type of relationships, and those people don't care about the pain they inflict on those they are judging.
As others have said, calling a vote or referendum on this subject may have been an error, as some said in the US in the states which had the same sort of votes. But if you ask people to pass an opinion by way of ballot, I will guarantee that some people are going to be offended by the way some other people vote. Personally, I don't give a çräp and if you solicit my opinion by way of a ballot you are going to get my opinion whether you like it or not. And if you don't like my opinion, maybe you shouldn't have asked for it!
Old Sep 21st 2017, 1:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Free thinking cousins?
Did you know you can legally marry your first cousin in Australia? - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

It's not for me to judge who falls in love with who. I don't have cousins and am happily married anyway but given that the world and his/her cousin don't want to marry and procreate, we are not looking at the start of a world consisting of three legged children. You can keep throwing examples at me all day but they're not relevant to the current debate/survey. Who knows what can occur after any rule about any subject is put in place? It's all simply conjecture and has no basis in fact.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 2:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Did you know you can legally marry your first cousin in Australia? - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

It's not for me to judge who falls in love with who. I don't have cousins and am happily married anyway but given that the world and his/her cousin don't want to marry and procreate, we are not looking at the start of a world consisting of three legged children. You can keep throwing examples at me all day but they're not relevant to the current debate/survey. Who knows what can occur after any rule about any subject is put in place? It's all simply conjecture and has no basis in fact.
Yep. Agree.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 2:40 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

[url=http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-11/did-you-know-you-can-legally-marry-your-first-cousin/8796820]Did you know you can legally marry your first cousin in Australia? .....
You can in most countries - it would be easier to list the countries where it is prohibited than where it is legal - basically something US states, some of the Balkan states, China, the Koreas, Taiwan and the Philippines, and there are some restrictions in India. I can't find data for most of Africa and central Asia
Old Sep 21st 2017, 3:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Cousins marrying sounds like a winner to me. No stress about meeting the family for the first time, no stress about explaining the foibles of Great Aunt Matilda....
Old Sep 21st 2017, 4:08 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Cousins marrying sounds like a winner to me. No stress about meeting the family for the first time, no stress about explaining the foibles of Great Aunt Matilda....
You can even marry your aunt or uncle in Australia (depending on if you're a nephew or niece, of course - heaven forbid a niece marries her auntie)
Old Sep 21st 2017, 4:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski
As others have said, calling a vote or referendum on this subject may have been an error, as some said in the US in the states which had the same sort of votes. But if you ask people to pass an opinion by way of ballot, I will guarantee that some people are going to be offended by the way some other people vote. Personally, I don't give a çräp and if you solicit my opinion by way of a ballot you are going to get my opinion whether you like it or not. And if you don't like my opinion, maybe you shouldn't have asked for it!
That's fair, and I won't be falling out with any of my friends who don't agree with me, my view is my view. However, in much the same way as Brexit (and it's the only comparison) I do hate to see people saying yes for public approval, then voting no. Be nice if everyone was grown up enough to say what they are actually going to do. The most liberating thing I ever did was stop giving a **** what anyone thought of me.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 4:17 am
Account Closed

A mate of mine was pretty brutal on a facebook post, 'filthy c@@@s' was just one of the descriptions. He copped a flogging quite rightly IMO, but not from me. I told him he was entitled to his opinion, but I wholeheartedly disagreed. I went on to ask what he would think if someone called his two mixed race children an abomination. Still no response.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 12:58 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I was a bit disappointed that the ballot paper didn't say Yeah, Nah
Old Sep 21st 2017, 9:49 pm
Account Closed

Looks like someone from the yes campaign has headbutted Abbott. unreal, I'm all for tolerance and I'll knock you out if you disagree. Shameful way to conduct yourself and detrimental to the cause, like that ANTIFA mob.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Looks like someone from the yes campaign has headbutted Abbott. unreal, I'm all for tolerance and I'll knock you out if you disagree. Shameful way to conduct yourself and detrimental to the cause, like that ANTIFA mob.
Yeah but you can justify it because Abbott is a gay hater says the media.

But I agree with you entirely

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.