The Yes No vote

Old Sep 19th 2017, 4:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Yes No vote

What a waste of time and money, if they really want to gauge public opinion on it they should hold public meetings and use Hughie Green's old clapometer. I had my first no campaign leaflet delivered today, they reckon gay marriage will impact on schools, free speech and religion, and at the bottom it says 'vote no to protect your freedoms. I couldn't help thinking what a load of horse shit.

I voted yes
Old Sep 19th 2017, 4:20 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Yes No vote

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
What a waste of time and money, ...

I voted yes
I don't even have a voting form as yet.

If you are going to all this trouble to hold a vote .... sorry, survey, then why not include more key issues on the page? Wouldn't cost any more and you could ... survey ... things like euthanasia, GST on imports, coal subsidies, taxing Gina till she squeals, fibre NBN for all, dropping Abbott out of a plane without a parachute, banning corporate donations, federal ICAC, etc.

Where was the amendment for that when they were having the parliamentary vote on a vote?
Old Sep 19th 2017, 4:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The whole thing is making me seriously ****ing angry. People saying they're voting no because their poor little sensibilities are hurt. No thought given to LGBTI folk who have been victimised to the point of suicide for years. There is no rational reason for voting no. People may have their reasons and they may well stick to them, they're not rational though. Haven't had any campaign bumpf, just the forms which have now been sent back.

Whole thing is a crock.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 5:17 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the whole thing is a total waste of money and effort - we elect politicians to make decisions on out behalf and then vote them in or out if we agree or disagree. All I see is politicians hedging their bets and covering their backsides (yes, I know there's a joke in there but I will leave that to others). Make decisions and live or die by them

I've voted no (there's a surprise) but I'm seeing plenty of intolerance and hysteria from both sides - just look at the Woolworths boycott calls because the guy who ran it 11 years ago is promoting no - pathetic. I'm not going to boycott Qantas because the Leprechaun is promoting yes

I take exception to being called homophobic because I'm against gay marriage although tolerant of homosexuality. Wankers
Old Sep 19th 2017, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Yes, the whole thing is a total waste of money and effort - we elect politicians to make decisions on out behalf and then vote them in or out if we agree or disagree. All I see is politicians hedging their bets and covering their backsides (yes, I know there's a joke in there but I will leave that to others). Make decisions and live or die by them

I've voted no (there's a surprise) but I'm seeing plenty of intolerance and hysteria from both sides - just look at the Woolworths boycott calls because the guy who ran it 11 years ago is promoting no - pathetic. I'm not going to boycott Qantas because the Leprechaun is promoting yes

I take exception to being called homophobic because I'm against gay marriage although tolerant of homosexuality. Wankers
Yep. The intolerance is disgraceful.

Personally I will be voting yes. I can't see any issues from any country which has allowed gay marriage.

I feel more for the children who don't get to grow up living with opposite sexes as parents, of course that goes for single parents too but that situation is unavoidable.

Since that is already legal in this country then onward and upwards with gay marriage. ............ and the weddings rock.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Most hypocritical comment yet, male who will be voting no, " because marriage is sacred, traditional, shouldn't be messed with".

Same male who screws around on his wife.

As for me, voting yes, but total waste of time and money.

Have an invite later in week to an event in QLD, Pauline Hanson will be there, could be some fine conversation opportunities there
Old Sep 19th 2017, 11:18 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really have a preference either way, but as I haven't heard a decent argument against the proposal, and not being religious....if I express an opinion....I'll be voting yes.

However, what really irks me is as others have said, we vote in a Government/Parliament to deal with these issues.So they have failed to carry out the basic task they were voted in to do, and waste a tonne of money in the process. I'd like to thank Abbot and his mob of history dwelling, religious zealot, dogma spouting "conservatives" for causing this situation that is nothing more than some spite aimed at Malcolm Turnbull for unseating him. I'd normally vote Liberal, but at the next election, I'm not so sure if I think I will still have to suffer him playing his sulky games. Maybe him and his mate Corey B should set up their own nasty party and get on with it and leave the rest of the Liberal's to reclaim the centre ground.

Last edited by Tom Sawyer; Sep 19th 2017 at 11:42 am.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 11:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well Turnbull has confirmed that if the 'no' vote is successful the issue will be dropped completely. If he was any sort of leader he should therefore confirm that if the 'yes' vote is successful, then it would automatically be sorted in Parliament. Instead he has said repeatedly that should 'yes' win, he still won't push it to Parliament.

The man is a spineless piece of shit.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Yes supporter.

I cannot understand why this wasn't handled in Parliament. Would have been done and dusted quickly and saved the country this prolonged expense and nastiness.

I am appalled at the bigotry and intolerance from both sides and the amount of bullying and double standards going on.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 12:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Well Turnbull has confirmed that if the 'no' vote is successful the issue will be dropped completely. If he was any sort of leader he should therefore confirm that if the 'yes' vote is successful, then it would automatically be sorted in Parliament. Instead he has said repeatedly that should 'yes' win, he still won't push it to Parliament.

The man is a spineless piece of shit.
Spineless would be a man who didn't keep an election promise.

Feel free to vote for Bill Shorten.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 12:37 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Beoz
Spineless would be a man who didn't keep an election promise.

Feel free to vote for Bill Shorten.
Thanks for giving me permission to do what I've done for the past few elections. Very good of you.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 1:46 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I've voted Yes because 10 years down the track why shouldn't everyone be given the opportunity to be trapped in a loveless sexless relationship being maintained for the sake of the children and/or financial stability?

#loveislove
Old Sep 19th 2017, 7:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I've voted Yes because 10 years down the track why shouldn't everyone be given the opportunity to be trapped in a loveless sexless relationship being maintained for the sake of the children and/or financial stability?

#loveislove
Haha, that's about what I said to my cousin, 'Don't see why you should get to be happy' haha
Old Sep 19th 2017, 9:03 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

One comment I saw yesterday (paraphrasing because I've run out of eye bleach and don't dare venture back again)
'I'm not against gay people but if we let them get married it'll open the flood gates for muslims to do what they want'.

Erm... ok.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 9:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Dreamy
One comment I saw yesterday (paraphrasing because I've run out of eye bleach and don't dare venture back again)
'I'm not against gay people but if we let them get married it'll open the flood gates for muslims to do what they want'.

Erm... ok.
Like I say, No rational reason! Smh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.