X Box OR PS3

Old Oct 8th 2009, 8:28 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of
Default X Box OR PS3

Come on then which ones best and why should I buy ?

Dougie
Old Oct 8th 2009, 8:52 pm
Degenerate

lolcat has a brilliant futurelolcat has a brilliant futurelolcat has a brilliant futurelolcat has a brilliant futurelolcat has a brilliant futurelolcat has a brilliant future
Default Re: X Box OR PS3

Either one is a great console, and looks great via HDMI on a nice big TV.

I went for a 360.

Major factor for me was most of my friends and colleagues own one, giving me access to a wider library of games. At least two of my friends own both consoles, but have since relegated the PS3 to either bluray player or have sold the PS3.

Personally I also preferred the exclusive titles on the 360 compared to PS3.
XBox live is also IMHO, a better online experience, although a paid for one.

>A.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 9:33 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Cheers A,

Thatst the type of response I was after not sure which way I'll sway just yet but was hoping for the cheaper one

And I,ve got HDMI and a nice big TV to boot its only the boys are asking for either or for christmas and was considering it ???

Dougie
Old Oct 8th 2009, 10:03 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
Cheers A,

Thatst the type of response I was after not sure which way I'll sway just yet but was hoping for the cheaper one

And I,ve got HDMI and a nice big TV to boot its only the boys are asking for either or for christmas and was considering it ???

Dougie

I have 360 and yes many games available. Also the WII is a good one for younger kids. The cheaper one is the 360, but PS3 have just brought out a new model.

Shame you cannot wait, I am sure Microsoft will bring something out soon to superscede the PS3.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 10:10 pm
Swollen Member

Cheers Ben,

We have a Wii which is real good fun and after spending years saying I wouldn't buy the a console cause they would just sit in front of it an waste away but after having a go on one couldt resist!

But now there a bit older was maybe considering one of the above as a chrimbo treat as they are more self discaplined now..............I hope

Dougie
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:34 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lolcat
Either one is a great console, and looks great via HDMI on a nice big TV.

I went for a 360.

Major factor for me was most of my friends and colleagues own one, giving me access to a wider library of games. At least two of my friends own both consoles, but have since relegated the PS3 to either bluray player or have sold the PS3.

Personally I also preferred the exclusive titles on the 360 compared to PS3.
XBox live is also IMHO, a better online experience, although a paid for one.

>A.
Yes, I bought a 360 too. There are many more games available, and I'm not really swayed by the Blue-Ray argument, plus Halo isn't available on any other console. If you look around there are some great ODST/XBox 360 Pro combo packs available. for about $400.

I can't abide the Wii for serious gaming - the controls are utterly retarded for most games.

Anyway, here is the Zero Punctuation roundup of the three consoles:

Zero Punctuation Console Roundup

S
Old Oct 9th 2009, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

PS3, 360 is old and has had it's day, whereas the PS3 is now only getting the most used out of it. If you're old enough to remember Amiga vs Atari St think of it like that, the Atari (Xbox) was a great machine, but by 1990 the Amiga (PS3) took over as it had vastly superior in graphics and sound. More and more you will see PS3 only games that take advantage of its superior technology, whereas up until now most games look the same on both formats.

The PS3 has so many other things it can do such as being very useful as a media server though. We have it hooked up to the big TV streaming video and music from the PC across a wireless network. Blue ray is there too although I think it's just overrated dvd really.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 2:01 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
Cheers Ben,

We have a Wii which is real good fun and after spending years saying I wouldn't buy the a console cause they would just sit in front of it an waste away but after having a go on one couldt resist!

But now there a bit older was maybe considering one of the above as a chrimbo treat as they are more self discaplined now..............I hope

Dougie

PSP's are good, my boys have them, allows both to play their own games wherever they are, some great game etc, you should look into it.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road

I reckon both consoles are on a par with each other to be honest.

I personally have the 360 as i like the driving sims that are on the console, PGR4 and Forza for a start.

I also prefer the bigger controller on the 360 than the smaller one on the PS3.

I have seen rumours that there is a new XBOX console due out next year. When i don't know.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/19960/...You-the-Truth/
Old Oct 9th 2009, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

ps3 for games but the xbox as you can chip it and download every game for Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee