Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Wow - Goodbye F111's

Wow - Goodbye F111's

Old Sep 4th 2010, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wow - Goodbye F111's

Just had the F111's fly over our house a few times with the afterburner on for Brisbane's RiverFire. My 5yo ran for cover and my pregnant wife almost tripped over a possum running out to the deck for a look. WOW!!!! Will miss them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8RJW...eature=related

Last edited by fish.01; Sep 4th 2010 at 9:39 am.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 9:37 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wow - Goodbye F111's

Originally Posted by fish.01
Just had the F111's fly over our house a few times with the afterburner on for Brisbane's RiverFire. My 5yo ran for cover and my pregnant wife almost tripped over a possum running for a look. WOW!!!! Will miss them.

I misread this and thought it was about the form for getting free healthcare in Europe

But they are great tools of war. It is a shame that they are being retired, as they remain very competent bombers.

S
Old Sep 4th 2010, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Just had the F111's fly over our house a few times with the afterburner on for Brisbane's RiverFire. My 5yo ran for cover and my pregnant wife almost tripped over a possum running out to the deck for a look. WOW!!!! Will miss them.

It annoyed me that they weren't the finale of riverfire. I had the kids all wound up to go on to the deck to watch the last flyby, and the planes never appeared.

Why weren't they the end of the show. Its all very well they did three passes during the show, but for the 5 years I've watched it, the F1-11's were always the finale of the show. But not this year, so we missed them

JTL
Old Sep 4th 2010, 10:52 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

We are not long back, i thought it was brilliant, 3 times - class!
Old Sep 4th 2010, 10:58 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
It annoyed me that they weren't the finale of riverfire. I had the kids all wound up to go on to the deck to watch the last flyby, and the planes never appeared.

Why weren't they the end of the show. Its all very well they did three passes during the show, but for the 5 years I've watched it, the F1-11's were always the finale of the show. But not this year, so we missed them

JTL
Our mob was stuck in a backed up bus for the first fly over... very frustrating and something I think could have been avoided if the bus people had been communicating with each other. Still, we did see two more dump and burns and they were impressive. The kids loved it. Sad the jets won't be back next year.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the last one go by from your holiday apartment. I thought a plane was on fire as we didn't know what was going on. It looked spectactular though.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 11:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
I saw the last one go by from your holiday apartment. I thought a plane was on fire as we didn't know what was going on. It looked spectactular though.
Fly past just to welcome you home.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 12:28 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

I thought their last one was supposed to be last year? Or does the "F" in F1-11 stand for "Farnham"?
Old Sep 4th 2010, 12:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

They were speculating what they'll replace the F1-11 dump and burn next year.

Can I be the first to guess...

Super Hornet dump and burn...

Just a guess

JTL
Old Sep 4th 2010, 12:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I thought their last one was supposed to be last year? Or does the "F" in F1-11 stand for "Farnham"?
Yeah they did do a bit of a Farnham. This is definitely the last year. Probably. Unless the new ones break
Old Sep 4th 2010, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

LisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to all

We saw them last year when it was supposed to be the last one before they were decommissioned. It was probably the most amazing, free firework event I've seen , much better than Sydney NYE fireworks IMO...... probably because we had a lush luxury apartment in Kangaroo Point overlooking the river directly where the firework barges were

Sad to have missed this one
Old Sep 4th 2010, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Well i have to say i was slightly disappointed with last nights show.
There was no countdown to the first plane coming, the music was dis-jointed and all over the place, half a song here, a bit of a song, then a few no one knew.

The fly overs were great and the orange glow in the clouds were amazing.

Watched it again on channel 9 when we got in and i have to say its posibly one of the worst pieces of outside broadcast TV i've ever seen.

Camera's all over the place, not catching the dumps etc. Totally inept.

I couldn't help comparing it to what the BBC would have done, they'd have had 30 camera's and it would have been so polished.

Apart from that and the fat aussie knobhead who came and blocked our view it was a great night

Jazzys
Old Sep 4th 2010, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Fly past just to welcome you home.
Ah yes, that must be it!
Old Sep 5th 2010, 7:44 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Just get a Qantas 747 to fly over, good chance you will get flames out the engine

They were speculating what they'll replace the F1-11 dump and burn next year.
I don't think the Super Hornet can do dump and burns.

Interesting documentary about the Super Hornets on a few years ago, apparently they are a bit of a waste of money and no other country outside the USA has ever purchased any.

Super Hornet dump and burn...

Last edited by themerlin; Sep 5th 2010 at 7:47 am.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 8:07 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Interesting documentary about the Super Hornets on a few years ago, apparently they are a bit of a waste of money and no other country outside the USA has ever purchased any.
Yes, I remember watching that too. That documentary was very scathing of Brendon Nelson and showed him to have money to spend so just spent it on the best deal going around, not the best aircraft or technology. They also stated that the current Indonesian aircraft would far outperform these Super Hornets. In short Nelson committed Australia to duds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.