Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

WOULD YOU PAY FOR THIS ????

WOULD YOU PAY FOR THIS ????

Old Nov 19th 2007, 4:44 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of
Default WOULD YOU PAY FOR THIS ????

We were supposed to be exchanging contracts on our house last friday but we were told a hold up with our buyers buyer getting the funds for the deposit would put exchange off till today.Today comes and still no exchange so my solicitor is doing his nut our buyer is also pist off estate agents not giving us a straight answer.The mrs has been dealing with things all day so i decided to get on the phone to try and get to the bottom of it all.It turns out that our buyers buyer will have to pay a penalty of 2 days mortgage payments if she moves on the 28th of this month.All along we were told we would be completed by 23rd but its been on thing after another with this woman.We booked our flights for the 29th so i have said i will pay the sum of £125 to get our completion before we fly.She has taken advice from her mortgage broker regarding the £125 she would have to pay.What a tosser he was probably someone who told people there endowments would be worth thousands a few yrs back.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 4:49 pm
is hoping for the best

Location: dont know when now, but birmingham to perth soon :-(
english-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant future
Default Re: WOULD YOU PAY FOR THIS ????

we had a similar problem when we moved house in june

we did offer to pay something aroung £200 just to get things done

it starts to grate on u, i know, i would of payed £1000 just to get it sorted so the whole thing could be over and done with.

its up to you , if its ok with everyone else.

ive never heard of mortgage penalty tho?
Old Nov 19th 2007, 4:53 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

You are right it is becoming a pain in the arse as its dragged on for so long.Its all the lies from the estate agents that has been this biggest pain as they open there mouths and the shit just flows out.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 4:58 pm
is hoping for the best

Location: dont know when now, but birmingham to perth soon :-(
english-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant future

our estate agents were ok, it was a solicitor we had trouble with

idiots that are payed to much.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I would pay just to get it sorted. I would hate it, but I would pay. Tight fisted, bar stewards. Buying a house worth tens of thousands of pounds - or more and they can't afford £125. :curse::curse:
Old Nov 19th 2007, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jon&kate
You are right it is becoming a pain in the arse as its dragged on for so long.Its all the lies from the estate agents that has been this biggest pain as they open there mouths and the shit just flows out.

Estate agents are lovely, kind, thoughtfull, fair minded, fair charging, always on the end of the phone to answer your questions, guide you through the mine field of house selling and buying, don't mind doing a hard days work (just in case mine is on here) if not then they are bloody tosp*** who don't deserve your custom, never answer the phone or call you back, feedback whats that then?, yes they are really cash buyers! yeah why are they needing a survey for the mortgage then? lying back stabbing, we close at 5pm EXACTLY to the second............:curse:

Maybe you could tell the agent to deduct the £125 of the fee, failing that deduct it yourself and see if they chase you for it in AUS
Old Nov 19th 2007, 5:05 pm
jon&a mp;kate

tell me about it but as i will be paying 2 days less mortgage it will pay for itself last laugh on me.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of
Thumbs down Re: WOULD YOU PAY FOR THIS ????

Originally Posted by english-rose
we had a similar problem when we moved house in june

we did offer to pay something aroung £200 just to get things done

it starts to grate on u, i know, i would of payed £1000 just to get it sorted so the whole thing could be over and done with.

its up to you , if its ok with everyone else.

ive never heard of mortgage penalty tho?
Hi English Rose,

I'm suprised people haven't heard about mortgage penalty ?

If we sell our house before our 5 year fixed rate runs out, we have between £1800.00 and £800.00 to pay in penalty charges !!!

So bloody unfair :curse::curse:

Donna.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

wesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nice

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01
Hi English Rose,

I'm suprised people haven't heard about mortgage penalty ?

If we sell our house before our 5 year fixed rate runs out, we have between £1800.00 and £800.00 to pay in penalty charges !!!

So bloody unfair :curse::curse:

Donna.
We are selling ours and beacuse we are signed up for 5 years, we are having to pay a penalty of £7000! :curse::curse: It's true!! When we took the mortgage out, Oz was so far from the back of our minds, we are gutted to be losing so much cash, but can't wait another year to go before the penalty is up and can't afford to rent it out either, we need the money to get there.

It's so unfair!

Jo
Old Nov 19th 2007, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wesleyandjoanne
We are selling ours and beacuse we are signed up for 5 years, we are having to pay a penalty of £7000! :curse::curse: It's true!! When we took the mortgage out, Oz was so far from the back of our minds, we are gutted to be losing so much cash, but can't wait another year to go before the penalty is up and can't afford to rent it out either, we need the money to get there.

It's so unfair!

Jo
OMG Jo !!!!!

I thought my penalty was bad !!!!!!!!

Donna.
x
Old Nov 19th 2007, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

wesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nice

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01
OMG Jo !!!!!

I thought my penalty was bad !!!!!!!!

Donna.
x
It's criminal, can't wait to be rid of the Abbey.

Jo x
Old Nov 19th 2007, 6:20 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TMRE
Estate agents are lovely, kind, thoughtfull, fair minded, fair charging, always on the end of the phone to answer your questions, guide you through the mine field of house selling and buying, don't mind doing a hard days work (just in case mine is on here) if not then they are bloody tosp*** who don't deserve your custom, never answer the phone or call you back, feedback whats that then?, yes they are really cash buyers! yeah why are they needing a survey for the mortgage then? lying back stabbing, we close at 5pm EXACTLY to the second............:curse:

Maybe you could tell the agent to deduct the £125 of the fee, failing that deduct it yourself and see if they chase you for it in AUS
I am friends with a (select) number of EAs having worked in property management for years and there are some lovely, kind, thoughtful ones as well as the twits (tho' not at F*****s ) in the same way there are some lovely buyers and some real t*****s who pull out at the last minute, delay exchange, cause pain and aggro to all involved including the agents etc. & some stupd vendors who pull out at last minute, demand more money than the property is worth, refuse accept realistic offers and then blame the agent etc. Guess Im just saying there are always 2 sides...
Old Nov 19th 2007, 6:34 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Our mortgage penalty will be £6000 if we manage to sell.
We're only two years into a good 5 year fixed rate.

It does seem a bit tight that the woman wouldn't pay the £125 but i suppose putting it off a couple of days doesn't matter to her as much as it does to you.
FWIW in your shoes I would pay the £125 and be glad it was all over with.
Then you'll be on your way to your new life
Old Nov 19th 2007, 7:14 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
Our mortgage penalty will be £6000 if we manage to sell.
We're only two years into a good 5 year fixed rate.

It does seem a bit tight that the woman wouldn't pay the £125 but i suppose putting it off a couple of days doesn't matter to her as much as it does to you.
FWIW in your shoes I would pay the £125 and be glad it was all over with.
Then you'll be on your way to your new life
I too can't believe that this buyer is being so precious over £125 - if only!!

We had to pay £10,000 redemption when we sold end August . If we'd waited and sold later to complete just before we went in Jan 08 we wouldn't have had to pay this-but suspecting back in Spring the way the market might head we decided to get out early rather than risk being stuck in UK.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 7:15 pm
CynOpt

CynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of light

I had to pay best part of 5K for mine, and for some bizarre reason, I had NO CLUE until the day I came to sign the papers. Hadnt shown up in ANY of the previous paperwork I'd been sent through.

But there was NO WAY I would have tried to pass this onto the buyer.
Wasn't her fault I'm a muppet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.