Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Would you name your child

Wikiposts

Would you name your child

Old Dec 17th 2008, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you name your child

Originally Posted by kporte
pol pot campbell?
Brill. We used to joke as kids with made up names like Elvis MacDonald but these fruits are for real.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
Brill. We used to joke as kids with made up names like Elvis MacDonald but these fruits are for real.
my mum and dad named me after a famous film and a famous jewellery store - which happens to give out beautiful blue/green boxes and opened a store in perth in july !

and i got the p taken out of my name

Tit fanny was a fav !there was always a bright spark who thought he was the first to come up with this new name

and i am very lucky that i do actually own a few real pieces from this store and i do own the bk and the film which is fab x
Old Dec 17th 2008, 6:59 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kporte
can't judge the book, they burnt them all
(at comment.. not at horrendous genicide)

Em x
Old Dec 17th 2008, 9:58 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by framac67
we may run out of despots fairly quickly.
in the spirit of things we could diversify to serial killers.

fred west campbell doesn't have the same ring though?
Old Dec 20th 2008, 5:00 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Hitler?

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/...189675703.html

"he named his son after Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name"."

Wonder why

Used to think it was anyname but Sue......

Saw that too. Also read in the Courier Mail that people is Qld have tried, and in some cases succeeded, to name their kids such things like "Gummy Bear", "Coca Cola", "King John 1", "Number 16 Bus Shelter", "Midnight Chardonnay" and "Violence".
The best one I liked was "Fish and Chips" for twins.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...22-952,00.html
Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

nickallen1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Saw that too. Also read in the Courier Mail that people is Qld have tried, and in some cases succeeded, to name their kids such things like "Gummy Bear", "Coca Cola", "King John 1", "Number 16 Bus Shelter", "Midnight Chardonnay" and "Violence".
The best one I liked was "Fish and Chips" for twins.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...22-952,00.html
think the parents should change their names by deed poll ( if they do that over here ) to F***wit and Richard Head.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28655143/

aparently they have had the children taken away from them - for unknow reasons
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28655143/

aparently they have had the children taken away from them - for unknow reasons
I've just seen that on the YahooOz home-page... was going to post but couldn't remember which forum (of the many I use!) it was talked about on
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:22 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nickallen1969
think the parents should change their names by deed poll ( if they do that over here ) to F***wit and Richard Head.
Actually Richard Head is alive and well - I worked with him briefly at Qld Transport! He proudly displays his office name tag. (I suspect the joke wore thin MANY MANY years ago)
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:03 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Top of my list for really odd names are Moxie Crimefighter and Pilot Inspektor.

Moxie is the daughter of some, obviously mad, magician. Poor old Pilot is the son of Jason Lee, the guy in "My Name is Earl"
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:14 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
my mum and dad named me after a famous film and a famous jewellery store - which happens to give out beautiful blue/green boxes and opened a store in perth in july !

and i got the p taken out of my name

Tit fanny was a fav !there was always a bright spark who thought he was the first to come up with this new name

and i am very lucky that i do actually own a few real pieces from this store and i do own the bk and the film which is fab x
If my brother had had the P taken out of his name he'd have been called Hili Hill
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:17 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burbage
If my brother had had the P taken out of his name he'd have been called Hili Hill
I suppose, with the surname Hill, I could call one of my offspring Alittle Green.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 4:01 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally I think it is a disgusting name because of what is synonymous with. It is only 70ish years ago that its was linked to the most horrendous crimes - I don't think they should be allowed to call their child it.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 5:23 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burbage
I suppose, with the surname Hill, I could call one of my offspring Alittle Green.
Well at least the name was green and not keane