Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

That would never happen in the UK.

That would never happen in the UK.

Old May 10th 2012, 7:09 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: That would never happen in the UK.

Hmmm

what would never happen in the UK?

A walk in a tropical rainforest.
A swim on a massive coral reef
A desert sunset
etc etc

I could produce a long long list, and in the same way I could produce a long list of what can happen in the UK that can't happen here.

The truth is Australia and the Uk are different countries with different features, so there is absolutely no point in comparing them - a mistake many people make here on BE.

On the other hand both countries are populated by homo sapiens - of all types. So you will get robbed, beaten up, murdered, cheated, laughed at, punched, spat on, kicked and an endless list of other things, in both countries.

Anyone with thinks either the people of the UK or the people of Australia are any better than the other is just a plain small minded fool.

I am in Indonesia now. Anything that can happen to me in the UK or Australia can happen to me here. I have experienced stupidity, kindness, love, generosity and all manner of things here, just as I have in the UK, and in Australia.

This is a pointless, stupid thread created in an attempt to wind people up. Sadly Chris, it just makes you look a fool.

Its a pity you don't travel more, and experience more of life and the world. You might have fewer generalisations about people and places.
Old May 10th 2012, 7:11 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, I dont think you should be commenting on people looking a fool after some of the things you have been saying.
Old May 10th 2012, 7:11 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Hmmm

what would never happen in the UK?

A walk in a tropical rainforest.
A swim on a massive coral reef
A desert sunset
etc etc

I could produce a long long list, and in the same way I could produce a long list of what can happen in the UK that can't happen here.

The truth is Australia and the Uk are different countries with different features, so there is absolutely no point in comparing them - a mistake many people make here on BE.

On the other hand both countries are populated by homo sapiens - of all types. So you will get robbed, beaten up, murdered, cheated, laughed at, punched, spat on, kicked and an endless list of other things, in both countries.

Anyone with thinks either the people of the UK or the people of Australia are any better than the other is just a plain small minded fool.

I am in Indonesia now. Anything that can happen to me in the UK or Australia can happen to me here. I have experienced stupidity, kindness, love, generosity and all manner of things here, just as I have in the UK, and in Australia.

This is a pointless, stupid thread created in an attempt to wind people up. Sadly Chris, it just makes you look a fool.

Its a pity you don't travel more, and experience more of life and the world. You might have fewer generalisations about people and places.
Great post and I agree with every word.
Old May 10th 2012, 7:14 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

What a surprise.

Originally Posted by northernbird
Great post and I agree with every word.
Old May 10th 2012, 7:35 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
What a surprise.
LOL
Old May 10th 2012, 7:49 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, the irony!
Old May 10th 2012, 8:01 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bcworld
Oh, the irony!
Indeed.

Old May 10th 2012, 9:54 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

I like to deal in researched facts, not gibberish opinion.

Are UK management more authoritarian than Australian? The subject could start a debate that goes on for weeks on BE. but the facts are here:

https://www.managers.org.uk/sites/de...ull_Report.pdf

See - its not my subjective opinion, but objective information based upon research.

When we talk about what would or would not happen - can we support it with q few facts and leave the BS where it belongs.
Old May 10th 2012, 10:17 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

cities being featured in the ten most liveable cities in the world lists.
Old May 10th 2012, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

People admitting to the fact its the same shite shinier bucket.... Coz the bucket aint as shiney in the uk.... Just saying like....
Old May 10th 2012, 11:41 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I like to deal in researched facts, not gibberish opinion.

Are UK management more authoritarian than Australian? The subject could start a debate that goes on for weeks on BE. but the facts are here:

https://www.managers.org.uk/sites/de...ull_Report.pdf

See - its not my subjective opinion, but objective information based upon research.

When we talk about what would or would not happen - can we support it with q few facts and leave the BS where it belongs.
Of course, that report is 4 years old, maybe it could even be out of date..
Old May 10th 2012, 8:25 pm
Banned

The irony certainly wasnt lost on me LOL

Originally Posted by bcworld
Oh, the irony!
Old May 10th 2012, 8:26 pm
Banned

LOL

Originally Posted by northernbird
LOL
Old May 10th 2012, 9:21 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
People admitting to the fact its the same shite shinier bucket.... Coz the bucket aint as shiney in the uk.... Just saying like....
Does the UK still have buckets?
Old May 10th 2012, 9:45 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Does the UK still have buckets?
Buckets have replaced the empty coffee cups used by beggars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.