Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

That would never happen in the UK.

That would never happen in the UK.

Old May 21st 2012, 8:31 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: That would never happen in the UK.

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Most of the board whatever their politics got it.

Chris doesn't. Chris will do this. Chris, maybe not everywhere is Somerset. And there will be places in the West country that are relatively depressed...

As for suburban Aus, yes much is suburban but there are choices.
Probably the guy who's living next door to Chris
Old May 21st 2012, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet
Probably the guy who's living next door to Chris
The sound of Chris's keyboard through those thin walls....

I want an update on the veritable palace our man would be ensconced in....or have sights on...
Old May 21st 2012, 8:45 am

The sound of Chris's keyboard through those thin walls....

I want an update on the veritable palace our man would be ensconced in....or have sights on...
A few posts back you mentioned you enjoyed a gallop on the moor.Exmoor or Dartmoor?
Old May 21st 2012, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet
A few posts back you mentioned you enjoyed a gallop on the moor.Exmoor or Dartmoor?
hmm....tis a public forum...lol. It was on one of these that I got most of my experience riding cross-country and I've haven't matched it since.

I'll PM you.
Old May 21st 2012, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

WestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to all

Doesn't look like he's going to play ball on the galloping pics. There
's a website called Devon Ponies I just googled, maybe thats more the reality eh somerset!!

Personally, I can walk 5 minutes to the south of me and be in a swanky shopping parade full of flash boutiques, coffeshops, gastropubs, expensive restaurants, fancy salons, flowershops and organic butchers, bakeries and deli's with yummy mummies and blokes wearing media glasses slurping espresso over their ipads. Alternatively, I can walk 5 minutes north to a more ethnic diverse shopping parade. Its buzzing but the shopfronts are not quite so flash. I can get a good feed of a dozen type of cuisines Polish, Thai, Sri Lankan, Persian, Caribbean etc etc. The butcher doesn't rave on so much about his organically sourced pork, but he's honest, gives decent cuts and chucks in a few titbits for the cat. Get my hair chopped at the turkish barbers for a tenner or a pint of guiness for £2.50 in a real Irish pub, 3 major supermarkets and a variety of decent shops.

I'm not bothered the shopfronts aren't all uniform dark green with hanging baskets and minimalist decor, I know which to head for a bargain...
Old May 21st 2012, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by WestLondonWelshman
Doesn't look like he's going to play ball on the galloping pics. There
's a website called Devon Ponies I just googled, maybe thats more the reality eh somerset!!

Personally, I can walk 5 minutes to the south of me and be in a swanky shopping parade full of flash boutiques, coffeshops, gastropubs, expensive restaurants, fancy salons, flowershops and organic butchers, bakeries and deli's with yummy mummies and blokes wearing media glasses slurping espresso over their ipads. Alternatively, I can walk 5 minutes north to a more ethnic diverse shopping parade. Its buzzing but the shopfronts are not quite so flash. I can get a good feed of a dozen type of cuisines Polish, Thai, Sri Lankan, Persian, Caribbean etc etc. The butcher doesn't rave on so much about his organically sourced pork, but he's honest, gives decent cuts and chucks in a few titbits for the cat. Get my hair chopped at the turkish barbers for a tenner in a real Irish pub, 3 major supermarkets and a variety of decent shops.

I'm not bothered the shopfronts aren't all uniform dark green with hanging baskets and minimalist decor, I know which to head for a bargain...
Please tell me it's not called Ali Barbers or you can call me Hal Al.
Old May 21st 2012, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

WestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to all

Not sure whats its called, but I did see a kebab shop once called Shallow Hals Hal Al!
Old May 21st 2012, 10:45 pm

I don't think we would get away with that here.
Originally Posted by WestLondonWelshman
Not sure whats its called, but I did see a kebab shop once called Shallow Hals Hal Al!
Old May 22nd 2012, 6:21 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Why ?

Old May 22nd 2012, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by chris955
Why ?
So we can steer away from the usual economic claptrap and dubious motives and hear about your life in the UK. I can stomach hearing about the real stuff. I want to know whether you are out and about riding, biking, shooting, visiting stately homes, making cups of tea with digesctives..etc etc plinking away at birds...etc.
Old May 22nd 2012, 7:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

plinking away at birds...etc.
Never heard it called that before

Down in Somerset all you have to do is grab the pitch fork and heard erm off to the nearest hay stack ?
Old May 22nd 2012, 8:01 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh right, I was thinking it would be so you and the gang could take some more cheap shots.

So we can steer away from the usual economic claptrap and dubious motives and hear about your life in the UK. I can stomach hearing about the real stuff. I want to know whether you are out and about riding, biking, shooting, visiting stately homes, making cups of tea with digesctives..etc etc plinking away at birds...etc.