British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Wot tings ave yous learrnt tooday? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/wot-tings-ave-yous-learrnt-tooday-701511/)

Bernieboy Mar 6th 2011 12:23 pm

Re: Wot tings ave yous learrnt tooday?

Today i learnt that saffers are shit at cricket:frown:

Pollyana Mar 8th 2011 3:22 pm

That "Intelligent Buildings" may be environmentally friendly but they aren't employee-friendly :eek: Having to wear gloves to work because of the cold INSIDE the office was quite common back in draughty old UK police stations, but in BRISBANE? :scaredhair:

avi Mar 8th 2011 4:36 pm

That sleeping on the floor is NOT fun. Dreading the next 44 days of this sleeping on the floor.

scottishcelts Mar 8th 2011 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9225884)
That "Intelligent Buildings" may be environmentally friendly but they aren't employee-friendly :eek: Having to wear gloves to work because of the cold INSIDE the office was quite common back in draughty old UK police stations, but in BRISBANE? :scaredhair:

Do you not, like, work in a satellite on the moon or summink? :blink:

That would explain why you are so cold.

:rolleyes:

Pollyana Mar 9th 2011 4:23 am

Originally Posted by scottishcelts (Post 9226850)
Do you not, like, work in a satellite on the moon or summink? :blink:

That would explain why you are so cold.

:rolleyes:

Feels like it sometimes, new building looks like something out of the space age. We're on a mission to see how quick we can trash it into something liveable! :D

scottishcelts Mar 9th 2011 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9227277)
Feels like it sometimes, new building looks like something out of the space age. We're on a mission to see how quick we can trash it into something liveable! :D

Seen the fb pics - :blink: space age indeed!

Pollyana Mar 9th 2011 4:41 am

Originally Posted by scottishcelts (Post 9227287)
Seen the fb pics - :blink: space age indeed!

:thumbup:
Its certainly not a friendly place to work,the whole building has a strange feeling about it.
Talking to one of our security guys the other day and he says that back in the days of the last century when Brisbane was full of unsavoury characters (more so than now!) they just used to bump each other off and dump the bodies on the rubbish heaps on the edge of town. In those days Kedron WAS the edge of town, and the building has been constructed on the site of one of those rubbish dumps. Explains the ghosts I've felt in the old building since the construction work got under way, and could explain why the new one has such a bad feeling about it........I bet there's a few unsettled spirits out there :scaredhair:

The Premier is supposed to be officially opening it tomorrow - my day off (thank you God) and apparently people are booking sickies faster than they have ever been booked before :rofl:

scottishcelts Mar 9th 2011 4:45 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9227302)
:thumbup:
Its certainly not a friendly place to work,the whole building has a strange feeling about it.
Talking to one of our security guys the other day and he says that back in the days of the last century when Brisbane was full of unsavoury characters (more so than now!) they just used to bump each other off and dump the bodies on the rubbish heaps on the edge of town. In those days Kedron WAS the edge of town, and the building has been constructed on the site of one of those rubbish dumps. Explains the ghosts I've felt in the old building since the construction work got under way, and could explain why the new one has such a bad feeling about it........I bet there's a few unsettled spirits out there :scaredhair:

The Premier is supposed to be officially opening it tomorrow - my day off (thank you God) and apparently people are booking sickies faster than they have ever been booked before :rofl:

:eek: thank good for today then ey!