Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Wot tings ave yous learrnt tooday?

Wot tings ave yous learrnt tooday?

Old Feb 9th 2011, 8:02 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wot tings ave yous learrnt tooday?

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer View Post
In all innocence, can I ask why this offends you so much?
Hi, I have PR from 2007 but I have yet to arrive in Australia, apart from my validation trip, when I stayed long enough to get a Big Mac and fries before flying out again. Can I get a RRV for another five years?

Hi, I lied on my visa application and I’m really a serial killer. Do you think Customs will have an issue with that?.

Hi, my PR visa has almost expired. My only connection with Australia is that I own a Rolf Harris Stylophone. Do I qualify for an RRV?

Hi, I have PR but have never lived in Australia. I’m pregnant and thinking of flying in, having my kid, and then buggering off again. Can you see any problems?

Hi, do you know that if you lie to Customs when arriving on a WHV and then apply for Visa XYZ once here, you can bypass all that waiting around and rule following shit?

Posts like that are becoming the norm on the Immigration board at the moment. If they don't piss you off... they should.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 8:51 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
Hi, I have PR from 2007 but I have yet to arrive in Australia, apart from my validation trip, when I stayed long enough to get a Big Mac and fries before flying out again. Can I get a RRV for another five years?

Hi, I lied on my visa application and I’m really a serial killer. Do you think Customs will have an issue with that?.

Hi, my PR visa has almost expired. My only connection with Australia is that I own a Rolf Harris Stylophone. Do I qualify for an RRV?

Hi, I have PR but have never lived in Australia. I’m pregnant and thinking of flying in, having my kid, and then buggering off again. Can you see any problems?

Hi, do you know that if you lie to Customs when arriving on a WHV and then apply for Visa XYZ once here, you can bypass all that waiting around and rule following shit?

Posts like that are becoming the norm on the Immigration board at the moment. If they don't piss you off... they should.
It pisses me off a bit but probably only from our own circumstances, regionally sponsored temporary residents - not entitled to anything and discriminated against in the work place as we don't have PR. Should it annoy me on a wider level? People who milk economic incentives anywhere annoy me - especially as most of them are hypocritical and will slur others who do.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 9:04 am
Account Closed

It pisses me off a bit but probably only from our own circumstances, regionally sponsored temporary residents - not entitled to anything and discriminated against in the work place as we don't have PR. Should it annoy me on a wider level? People who milk economic incentives anywhere annoy me - especially as most of them are hypocritical and will slur others who do.
I did my time on a 457 visa as well... so I know full well what it means to be an economic cash cow. It's probably one of the reasons why the sort of posts that are appearing, seemingly more and more, on the Immigration board get to me.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 9:15 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
I see where you're coming from...but people work around the rules the government sets. You're right that for the skills stream people shouldn't be turning up 5 years after their visas are granted but it's up to the government to change the rules. They could set a residence requirement as a condition of the visa...job done.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 9:18 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
I'd noticed Unfortunately as a Mod I have to bite my tongue, but you do seem to put some of my thoughts into words.....
Yer dooooomed then
Old Feb 9th 2011, 9:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bcworld View Post
I see where you're coming from...but people work around the rules the government sets. You're right that for the skills stream people shouldn't be turning up 5 years after their visas are granted but it's up to the government to change the rules. They could set a residence requirement as a condition of the visa...job done.
Dead right... and I posted pretty much exactly the same thing some days back. If you can't get yourself set up here inside of a couple of years, on a skills visa, then it should be cancelled.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 9:22 am
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

that god loves all his children?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Feb 9th 2011, 9:28 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly View Post
Yer dooooomed then
Doomed, we're all doomed I'm past caring about that. Now who wants to buy some "Guaranteed to attract Parrots"food that doesn't attract parrots......
Old Feb 9th 2011, 9:43 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I'd noticed Unfortunately as a Mod I have to bite my tongue, but you do seem to put some of my thoughts into words.....
Are you suggesting that there's a certain melding of minds going on between you and Iam?

Last edited by paulry; Feb 9th 2011 at 10:59 am. Reason: Fixed the image
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:20 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Are you suggesting that there's a certain melding of minds going on between you and Iam?

http://www.daviddarling.info/images/mind-meld.jpg
We do actually agree from time to time....I'm sure this isn't the first occasion, but frightening isn't it
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:25 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

I've learned that Liz Hurley is just the same as the rest of us, a dappy tart willing to travel half way round the world for a shag with a bit of rough.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 11:11 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

We do actually agree from time to time....I'm sure this isn't the first occasion, but frightening isn't it
I'm sure a lot more agree with Iam than are prepared to admit it

Old Feb 9th 2011, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Tina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to behold

I've learned that a jumped-up bogan is still a bogan.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:00 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I've learned that Liz Hurley is just the same as the rest of us, a dappy tart willing to travel half way round the world for a shag with a bit of rough.

As a Mod, I'm more than happy to tell some Immi people they're tools, no one told me I had to change my attitude when I agreed to let random strangers abuse me on a regular basis
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I learnt that 95 year old ballet teachers are just as grumpy as they were at 92 - they don't mellow with age. They are guaranteed to reduce the most stoic child to sobbing (one they're out of sight and in the car with their mum though).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.