British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Wot tings ave yous learrnt tooday? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/wot-tings-ave-yous-learrnt-tooday-701511/)

iamthecreaturefromuranus Feb 9th 2011 7:02 am

Re: Wot tings ave yous learrnt tooday?

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer (Post 9163392)
In all innocence, can I ask why this offends you so much?

Hi, I have PR from 2007 but I have yet to arrive in Australia, apart from my validation trip, when I stayed long enough to get a Big Mac and fries before flying out again. Can I get a RRV for another five years?

Hi, I lied on my visa application and I’m really a serial killer. Do you think Customs will have an issue with that?.

Hi, my PR visa has almost expired. My only connection with Australia is that I own a Rolf Harris Stylophone. Do I qualify for an RRV?

Hi, I have PR but have never lived in Australia. I’m pregnant and thinking of flying in, having my kid, and then buggering off again. Can you see any problems?

Hi, do you know that if you lie to Customs when arriving on a WHV and then apply for Visa XYZ once here, you can bypass all that waiting around and rule following shit?

Posts like that are becoming the norm on the Immigration board at the moment. If they don't piss you off... they should.

Turban Explorer Feb 9th 2011 7:51 am

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus (Post 9163444)
Hi, I have PR from 2007 but I have yet to arrive in Australia, apart from my validation trip, when I stayed long enough to get a Big Mac and fries before flying out again. Can I get a RRV for another five years?

Hi, I lied on my visa application and I’m really a serial killer. Do you think Customs will have an issue with that?.

Hi, my PR visa has almost expired. My only connection with Australia is that I own a Rolf Harris Stylophone. Do I qualify for an RRV?

Hi, I have PR but have never lived in Australia. I’m pregnant and thinking of flying in, having my kid, and then buggering off again. Can you see any problems?

Hi, do you know that if you lie to Customs when arriving on a WHV and then apply for Visa XYZ once here, you can bypass all that waiting around and rule following shit?

Posts like that are becoming the norm on the Immigration board at the moment. If they don't piss you off... they should.

It pisses me off a bit but probably only from our own circumstances, regionally sponsored temporary residents - not entitled to anything and discriminated against in the work place as we don't have PR. Should it annoy me on a wider level? People who milk economic incentives anywhere annoy me - especially as most of them are hypocritical and will slur others who do.

iamthecreaturefromuranus Feb 9th 2011 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer (Post 9163510)
It pisses me off a bit but probably only from our own circumstances, regionally sponsored temporary residents - not entitled to anything and discriminated against in the work place as we don't have PR. Should it annoy me on a wider level? People who milk economic incentives anywhere annoy me - especially as most of them are hypocritical and will slur others who do.

I did my time on a 457 visa as well... so I know full well what it means to be an economic cash cow. It's probably one of the reasons why the sort of posts that are appearing, seemingly more and more, on the Immigration board get to me.

bcworld Feb 9th 2011 8:15 am

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus (Post 9163444)

I see where you're coming from...but people work around the rules the government sets. You're right that for the skills stream people shouldn't be turning up 5 years after their visas are granted but it's up to the government to change the rules. They could set a residence requirement as a condition of the visa...job done.

Bernieboy Feb 9th 2011 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9163372)
I'd noticed :rofl: Unfortunately as a Mod I have to bite my tongue, but you do seem to put some of my thoughts into words.....:thumbup:

Yer dooooomed then:D

iamthecreaturefromuranus Feb 9th 2011 8:19 am

Originally Posted by bcworld (Post 9163541)
I see where you're coming from...but people work around the rules the government sets. You're right that for the skills stream people shouldn't be turning up 5 years after their visas are granted but it's up to the government to change the rules. They could set a residence requirement as a condition of the visa...job done.

Dead right... and I posted pretty much exactly the same thing some days back. If you can't get yourself set up here inside of a couple of years, on a skills visa, then it should be cancelled.

aston Feb 9th 2011 8:22 am

that god loves all his children?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;)

Pollyana Feb 9th 2011 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly (Post 9163544)
Yer dooooomed then:D

Doomed, we're all doomed :lol: I'm past caring about that. Now who wants to buy some "Guaranteed to attract Parrots"food that doesn't attract parrots......:rolleyes:

paulry Feb 9th 2011 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9163372)
I'd noticed :rofl: Unfortunately as a Mod I have to bite my tongue, but you do seem to put some of my thoughts into words.....:thumbup:

:ohmy: Are you suggesting that there's a certain melding of minds going on between you and Iam? :eek:

http://blog.braintraffic.com/wp-cont...-mind-meld.jpg

Pollyana Feb 9th 2011 9:20 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 9163617)
:ohmy: Are you suggesting that there's a certain melding of minds going on between you and Iam? :eek:

http://www.daviddarling.info/images/mind-meld.jpg

We do actually agree from time to time....I'm sure this isn't the first occasion, but frightening isn't it :eek:

Turban Explorer Feb 9th 2011 9:25 am

I've learned that Liz Hurley is just the same as the rest of us, a dappy tart willing to travel half way round the world for a shag with a bit of rough.

paulry Feb 9th 2011 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9163682)
We do actually agree from time to time....I'm sure this isn't the first occasion, but frightening isn't it :eek:

I'm sure a lot more agree with Iam than are prepared to admit it :D

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kzddkadtRb1qzbxoe.jpg

Tina7 Feb 9th 2011 10:17 am

I've learned that a jumped-up bogan is still a bogan. :frown:

moneypenny20 Feb 9th 2011 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer (Post 9163690)
I've learned that Liz Hurley is just the same as the rest of us, a dappy tart willing to travel half way round the world for a shag with a bit of rough.

:rofl:

As a Mod, I'm more than happy to tell some Immi people they're tools, no one told me I had to change my attitude when I agreed to let random strangers abuse me on a regular basis :blink:

Kim67 Feb 9th 2011 11:29 am

I learnt that 95 year old ballet teachers are just as grumpy as they were at 92 - they don't mellow with age. They are guaranteed to reduce the most stoic child to sobbing (one they're out of sight and in the car with their mum though).