Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Worst Airline Food Award 2013 - And the winner is...

Worst Airline Food Award 2013 - And the winner is...

Old Jul 13th 2013, 9:28 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Worst Airline Food Award 2013 - And the winner is...

LUFTHANSA

Congratulations !!

Without a doubt the most horrendous looking and tasting food I ever had to eat.

I wish I took a photo...
Old Jul 13th 2013, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worst Airline Food Award 2013 - And the winner is...

nah- BA wins.

My business class vegetarian looked liked the emptied a bag of frozen mixed veg onto a plate.
That was it.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 12:44 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

The only time I have had bad food is with Aeroflot.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 1:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomster
nah- BA wins.

My business class vegetarian looked liked the emptied a bag of frozen mixed veg onto a plate.
That was it.
Have to agree there, BA food is seriously "bleagh" to quote Snoopy!
Old Jul 13th 2013, 1:45 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pomster
nah- BA wins.

That was it.
Sounds delicious compared to the Lufthansa crap.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 2:06 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I never take chances now, we just go with Emirates or Singapore.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 4:35 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

No no Korean air wins this without a doubt!

The choices are "riiiice or beeeef" it took a while to figure out that rice was eastern meal and beef was western.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelli28
No no Korean air wins this without a doubt!

The choices are "riiiice or beeeef" it took a while to figure out that rice was eastern meal and beef was western.
There's neigh doubt that some Korean beef goes woof woof, just like some British beef goes neigh!
Old Jul 13th 2013, 8:22 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by OzTennis
There's neigh doubt that some Korean beef goes woof woof, just like some British beef goes neigh!
And some Aussie beef will hop straight off the plate
Old Jul 13th 2013, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Never order gluten free meals - they either taste of nothing at all, or the crew haven't got one and so you have to eat boiled rice.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 10:21 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

I vote for Etihad as the supplier of the worst food ever served on an airline. They gave me someone elses 'soft' meal (when they asked how I knew I helpfully pointed out the card plastered to the top of the meal with a man's name on it but they still insisted it was mine). It consisted of pureed carrot and mased up peas. And that was it. Smelled like wet socks, tasted about the same. I didn't even open th second offering (again, meant for someone else) as it smelled so bad i asked them to just take it back.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it can beat Etihad I was given frozen meal the chick pea broke my cap.

Last edited by chris and farideh; Jul 14th 2013 at 3:41 am.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore Airlines food is pretty dire too especially if it comes out of their Spore kitchens
Old Jul 14th 2013, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Never order gluten free meals - they either taste of nothing at all, or the crew haven't got one and so you have to eat boiled rice.
Or just pieces of fruit they scavenged off other people's trays. Air New Zealand "lost" two of my meals during my last long haul flight with them. While others had dinner trays, I got...fruit. Yay.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 6:16 am
Banned

Wow, we must have been extremely lucky over the years because other than our one youthful venture on Aeroflot we havent had issues with food at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.