Work related issue

Old Sep 6th 2011, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Work related issue

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Yep, not a surprise mate. Wonder what wording they will use that means unfounded
I was suprised they upheld the grievence, my daughter was so brave going through that but she has paid the price
Old Sep 6th 2011, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by purple rain
Apparently they have investigated the incident. How and with what is another matter. According to their own policy they should interview all witnesses, didn't happen. My daughter has been told that she will be given a copy of the investigation outcome, again, didn't happen.
the employer will have to evidence all this to the NMC... Proove that they HAVE investigated fully... That should be her first port of call.... The NMC, they will involve all necessary authorities. its their duty to protect the public from nurses like this... And THAT is what they will do...

It wont cost your daughter, other than anxiety, stress etc....
Old Sep 6th 2011, 9:56 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

I was suprised they upheld the grievence, my daughter was so brave going through that but she has paid the price
yep always the case.

When you say upheld the grievance - do you mean they found the nurse guilty of the offence
Old Sep 6th 2011, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

yep always the case.

When you say upheld the grievance - do you mean they found the nurse guilty of the offence
My daughter contacted the regional manager as the home manager was harrassing her to return to work. She was told that she would have to complain formally and work through their grievence procedure. She had to go through a 3 hour formal interview with the regional manager, HR and a support person. My daughter told them everything. The outcome was that the grievence was upheld, manager did not follow correct procedure etc. The letter my daughter recieved stated that the investigation into the incident that sparked it all off, resident being hit by a nurse, had been completed and the fact thay my daughter had been bullied and harrased by manager following whistle blowing was upheld.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by eddie007
the employer will have to evidence all this to the NMC... Proove that they HAVE investigated fully... That should be her first port of call.... The NMC, they will involve all necessary authorities. its their duty to protect the public from nurses like this... And THAT is what they will do...

It wont cost your daughter, other than anxiety, stress etc....
I am going to phone them and sound them out at least
Old Sep 6th 2011, 10:29 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter contacted the regional manager as the home manager was harrassing her to return to work. She was told that she would have to complain formally and work through their grievence procedure. She had to go through a 3 hour formal interview with the regional manager, HR and a support person. My daughter told them everything. The outcome was that the grievence was upheld, manager did not follow correct procedure etc. The letter my daughter recieved stated that the investigation into the incident that sparked it all off, resident being hit by a nurse, had been completed and the fact thay my daughter had been bullied and harrased by manager following whistle blowing was upheld.
So the manager has been sacked for bullying and harrasing your daughter then
Old Sep 6th 2011, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

So the manager has been sacked for bullying and harrasing your daughter then
No, that is why my daughter does not want to go back
Old Sep 6th 2011, 10:43 am

No, that is why my daughter does not want to go back
So....they found the manager *guilty* of bullying and harrasment yet have done nothing in terms of discipline That is very odd. Are you sure?
Does your daughter have this in writing? She needs to take legal advice if so as she can take them to the cleaners especially if they have admitted guilt and done nothing
Old Sep 6th 2011, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

So....they found the manager *guilty* of bullying and harrasment yet have done nothing in terms of discipline That is very odd. Are you sure?
Does your daughter have this in writing? She needs to take legal advice if so as she can take them to the cleaners especially if they have admitted guilt and done nothing
Unfortunately not in writing, we have been told the manager went on a weeks 'leave' but is now back.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 12:12 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

I have made enquiries and have been told she could resign and possibly claim construtive dismissal, however, they want money up front that we don't have. I wish I had the knowledge and skill, I would take them to court myself. We might not get anywhere but at least it might make them think twice next time.

My daughter is getting some help now but is adament she is not going back. She said that the nurse who hit the resident said to my daughter 'she hit me first, you must of seen her' sick cow
Then she has been misinformed. If your daughter belongs to a union, they should provide this service free. If she is not a union member, she needs to contact ACAS or CAB who can provide a free service/advice regarding construcive dismissal and any other legal action that may be reuired. Any company that asks for money upfront in this situation is likely to be a shark (yes a generalisation, but hey)

Her first action should be to make sure she is fully aware of the company greivance procedure and that she has followed it to the letter. She should ensure she has the documents for her own grievance etc and any other documentation relating to this.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 6:47 pm

Unfortunately not in writing, we have been told the manager went on a weeks 'leave' but is now back.
If its not in writing it sounds suss

Originally Posted by rasen78
Then she has been misinformed. If your daughter belongs to a union, they should provide this service free. If she is not a union member, she needs to contact ACAS or CAB who can provide a free service/advice regarding construcive dismissal and any other legal action that may be reuired. Any company that asks for money upfront in this situation is likely to be a shark (yes a generalisation, but hey)

Her first action should be to make sure she is fully aware of the company greivance procedure and that she has followed it to the letter. She should ensure she has the documents for her own grievance etc and any other documentation relating to this.
Sound advice
Old Sep 6th 2011, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rasen78

She is still waiting for them to forward a copy of the grievence policy, sickness policy and whistle blowing policy, requested them in writing 3 weeks ago. She went through the grievence procedure without it.
She is not in a union unfortunately and when she has called the CAB she cannot get a reply, she has bee trying for 2 weeks. I contacted ACAS on her behalf and they could not give advice and only said that they get involved when she has resigned or been sacked.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=sonlymewalter;9603952]If its not in writing it sounds suss

The whole thing is 'suss' seriously, as a nurse, mother and human being, I am disgusted with what has happened and the blatent attempts to cover it up.
I am acutely aware that my daughter is suffering due to the stress and am finding it difficult to know what to do. Personally I believe that if she doesn't take some sort of action against tham she will regret it in time, however, I don't feel she is in the right frame of mind and perhaps they know this and are using it to their advantage.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 6:26 am

[QUOTE=purple rain;9604363]
If its not in writing it sounds suss

The whole thing is 'suss' seriously, as a nurse, mother and human being, I am disgusted with what has happened and the blatent attempts to cover it up.
I am acutely aware that my daughter is suffering due to the stress and am finding it difficult to know what to do. Personally I believe that if she doesn't take some sort of action against tham she will regret it in time, however, I don't feel she is in the right frame of mind and perhaps they know this and are using it to their advantage.
She needs to think about her own health. It's all well and good standing up to be counted but she'll get no thanks for it. She did her bit maybe she needs to move on and find a better job

Tell her to remember today's news is tomorrows chip paper- not to get stressed out but instead work on a plan of action to leave the craphole she works in. Onwards and upwards
Old Sep 7th 2011, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=sonlymewalter;9604852]

She needs to think about her own health. It's all well and good standing up to be counted but she'll get no thanks for it. She did her bit maybe she needs to move on and find a better job

Tell her to remember today's news is tomorrows chip paper- not to get stressed out but instead work on a plan of action to leave the craphole she works in. Onwards and upwards
Youare right but it is sick that these people can get away with this behaviour