Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Woop Woop - I have a House!

Woop Woop - I have a House!

Old May 27th 2015, 9:40 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Woop Woop - I have a House!

For those of you who know my story of sadness and woe... I just thought I'd let you all know that I finally have some good news.

Since separating from the ex, my daughter and I have been sharing my friend's house. She has been an absolute angel taking us in when we had nowhere to go and letting us stay as long as we needed. Anyway, after getting a full-time contract with work last year, we were in a position to start looking for a home of our own. However, this has proved somewhat tricky as there seems to be an abundance of applicants for each house, and owners will nearly always favour a dual income applicant over a single income particularly when it's a low single income!

However, our luck changed and it seems it pays to be nice to the real estate mob and get them on-side as we finally were accepted for a nice house in what appears to be quite a nice area. I signed the lease yesterday and we'll start moving in on Saturday. Work aren't being co-operative and I can't get any time off so I think the moving will take a week or so! It's only now that I realise how little useful stuff I have! We only have one chair, so YoungSOB and I are going to have to work out a roster for it .... and we have a garden chair which actually belongs to the dog, so we're going to have to negotiate a roster with her for that one! On the plus side, I do have bookcases, books and a piano - other furniture is over-rated

Money is no doubt going to be very tight but at least we'll have privacy and a place to call our own - for the duration of the lease anyway. Hopefully this is things on the up!
Old May 27th 2015, 9:53 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Woop Woop - I have a House!

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
For those of you who know my story of sadness and woe... I just thought I'd let you all know that I finally have some good news.

Since separating from the ex, my daughter and I have been sharing my friend's house. She has been an absolute angel taking us in when we had nowhere to go and letting us stay as long as we needed. Anyway, after getting a full-time contract with work last year, we were in a position to start looking for a home of our own. However, this has proved somewhat tricky as there seems to be an abundance of applicants for each house, and owners will nearly always favour a dual income applicant over a single income particularly when it's a low single income!

However, our luck changed and it seems it pays to be nice to the real estate mob and get them on-side as we finally were accepted for a nice house in what appears to be quite a nice area. I signed the lease yesterday and we'll start moving in on Saturday. Work aren't being co-operative and I can't get any time off so I think the moving will take a week or so! It's only now that I realise how little useful stuff I have! We only have one chair, so YoungSOB and I are going to have to work out a roster for it .... and we have a garden chair which actually belongs to the dog, so we're going to have to negotiate a roster with her for that one! On the plus side, I do have bookcases, books and a piano - other furniture is over-rated

Money is no doubt going to be very tight but at least we'll have privacy and a place to call our own - for the duration of the lease anyway. Hopefully this is things on the up!

Really, really pleased for you - I wish I lived a little closer to lend a hand but I hope the move goes well

Edit - should say I wish I lived a lot closer
Old May 27th 2015, 9:56 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles

Really, really pleased for you - I wish I lived a little closer to lend a hand but I hope the move goes well

Edit - should say I wish I lived a lot closer
Thanks It's going to be chaos - like the rest of my life! But at least I don't absolutely have to get my stuff out of here at the weekend, and I can delay if necessary, we might just end up camping between the two houses for a few days!
Old May 27th 2015, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there, SillyOldBag! I don't know the half of your original plight, but I just felt I had to congratulate you and wish you all the very best after reading your post above. It's always a good thing to be able to pick oneself up and start anew - and well done, you're now well on your way!

Good luck!
Old May 27th 2015, 10:15 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Aw SOB that is fantastic news!

::raises a glass to smooth sailing::
Old May 27th 2015, 10:17 am
Feeble Minded

Originally Posted by xizzles
Hello there, SillyOldBag! I don't know the half of your original plight, but I just felt I had to congratulate you and wish you all the very best after reading your post above. It's always a good thing to be able to pick oneself up and start anew - and well done, you're now well on your way!

Good luck!
You're lucky you missed out on my whining! and thank you

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Aw SOB that is fantastic news!

::raises a glass to smooth sailing::
It is, isn't it! Next time you're up you can come for afternoon tea, as long as you negotiate a place on the seating roster It's probably easier to deal with the dog than with me, she'd sell her soul for a pat on the head.
Old May 27th 2015, 10:19 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

It is, isn't it! Next time you're up you can come for afternoon tea, as long as you negotiate a place on the seating roster It's probably easier to deal with the dog than with me, she'd sell her soul for a pat on the head.
I live with 2 dogs and 3 cats - I know my place (usually on the floor)
Old May 27th 2015, 10:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

fantastic news! Hope the move goes smoothly
Old May 27th 2015, 10:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Many congrats SOB, brilliant news.
Old May 27th 2015, 10:21 am
Feeble Minded

Originally Posted by Pollyana

fantastic news! Hope the move goes smoothly
Fat chance of it going smoothly, it's already off to a bad start ... but on the plus side it's within walking distance of a bottle shop, so if all else fails I can drown my sorrows! ... which won't cost much as a couple of drinks and I'm away with the fairies!
Old May 27th 2015, 10:22 am
Feeble Minded

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Many congrats SOB, brilliant news.
thanks moneypenny I was doing the happy dance when I got the call! strangely enough after numerous rejections, we got offered 2 properties within 2 days!
Old May 27th 2015, 10:29 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Fat chance of it going smoothly, it's already off to a bad start ... but on the plus side it's within walking distance of a bottle shop, so if all else fails I can drown my sorrows! ... which won't cost much as a couple of drinks and I'm away with the fairies!

Look on the bright side, if you're away with the fiaries you can collapse on the floor which means you don't need another chair
Old May 27th 2015, 10:42 am
Feeble Minded

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Look on the bright side, if you're away with the fiaries you can collapse on the floor which means you don't need another chair
Good thinking BatWitch!
Old May 27th 2015, 10:52 am
Home and Happy

Good thinking BatWitch!
Old May 27th 2015, 11:52 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats SOB Hope it all goes as smoothly as possible for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.