Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Woollongong visit - hints/tips/avoids?

Woollongong visit - hints/tips/avoids?

Old Nov 24th 2018, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Woollongong visit - hints/tips/avoids?

We're taking our 7yo & 3yo to Wollongong in a couple of weeks for a short break. We're on to Google, Tripadvisor, etc. you know the usual suspects.... Nowt better than personal hints and tips though ... and what's good to avoid too...

We're there for four full days, plus half a day after we arrive, and half a day before we leave. Wife will take Master 7yo to Sydney for a day while I stay behind with Master 3yo.

Any and all suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers
Old Nov 25th 2018, 12:52 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Woollongong visit - hints/tips/avoids?

If you have a car.....Berry and Kangaroo Valley aren't too far away inland. Take a drive up the coast road north for the Seacliff Bridge and Stanwell Tops with a quick detour to Symbio Wildlife Park and National Park, lunch at the Scarbourough Hotel on the way. There is a Buddhist Temple on the outskirts if that is your thing, but have never been. Kiama is a pleasant coastal town village a bit further south, and on train line I think. Jamberoo Water park for a kids day out as well. The view from the rest area at Bulli is quite impressive if you pass that area on the highway. Can't really think of much in the 'Gong city itself though.
Old Nov 28th 2018, 6:01 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lucas_Dad
We're taking our 7yo & 3yo to Wollongong in a couple of weeks for a short break. We're on to Google, Tripadvisor, etc. you know the usual suspects.... Nowt better than personal hints and tips though ... and what's good to avoid too...

We're there for four full days, plus half a day after we arrive, and half a day before we leave. Wife will take Master 7yo to Sydney for a day while I stay behind with Master 3yo.

Any and all suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers
Perhaps PM Stevenglish1, I'm fairly sure he lives round there.
Old Nov 29th 2018, 6:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Perhaps PM Stevenglish1, I'm fairly sure he lives round there.
I surely do Dreamy, there are some lovely beaches pretty much all along the Illawara coast if that's your thing. There's Jambaroo water park, National parks, and of course the Nags Head (my home bar Let me know the sort of things you'd be interested in and there'll be something for you, it's a truly lovely part of the world and a great choice.
Old Dec 7th 2018, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all