Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Women breaking things....

Women breaking things....

Old Feb 13th 2016, 12:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Women breaking things....

I'm not normally sexist, but what is it with women and mechanical/electrical things ?

Whilst I've been away.... Between them the females in my house have broken the shower tap super duper twist in all directions handle..... Broken my Lawn Mower Handle, which is on a ball joint and the ball wont move now and is twisted at bloody right angles. Fused the hollywood make up mirror which I can't fault find on yet.... Lost a back seat floor mat in our new car which has also got a new scrape on the back bumper, Broken a internal door handle (although that may have been my son).... stuffed up the Home Theatre PC network, killed Kodi, and killed half my plants via watering whilst they were in full sun.

I've fixed half the problems.... The Lawn mower is my baby and the wife has twisted the thing to death.

Next time I'm not leaving her on her own alone.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 12:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Women breaking things....

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle View Post
I'm not normally sexist, but what is it with women and mechanical/electrical things ?

Whilst I've been away.... Between them the females in my house have broken the shower tap super duper twist in all directions handle..... Broken my Lawn Mower Handle, which is on a ball joint and the ball wont move now and is twisted at bloody right angles. Fused the hollywood make up mirror which I can't fault find on yet.... Lost a back seat floor mat in our new car which has also got a new scrape on the back bumper, Broken a internal door handle (although that may have been my son).... stuffed up the Home Theatre PC network, killed Kodi, and killed half my plants via watering whilst they were in full sun.

I've fixed half the problems.... The Lawn mower is my baby and the wife has twisted the thing to death.

Interesting. ....... it sounds like the moans my wife has about leaving me at home with my son. Rather than breakages its usually about mess.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 12:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
Interesting. ....... it sounds like the moans my wife has about leaving me at home with my son. Rather than breakages its usually about mess.
Yeah I get that as well.... well at least I think I do, because as soon as I think she is complaining I switch off.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 1:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I get that as well.... well at least I think I do, because as soon as I think she is complaining I switch off.
Great men think a like
Old Feb 13th 2016, 11:00 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

We do it on purpose, so you blokes can feel all manly and superior when you fix it (sorry for spilling the beans on Secret Women's Business, girls).
Old Feb 13th 2016, 11:10 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

We're doing something wrong then, cos in this house it's ROMFT who breaks things. His usual trick is to run over the irrigation when mowing the lawn. He is also known for cutting through electric cables when trimming hedges...multiple times on one occasion.

But apparently it's my fault for not telling him to check the pop ups, or where the cable is
Old Feb 14th 2016, 4:49 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Women breaking things....

...well I wasn't going to bring it up but there was the forbidden fruit incident in the Garden of Eden .
Old Feb 14th 2016, 5:43 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
...well I wasn't going to bring it up but there was the forbidden fruit incident in the Garden of Eden .
Well, if you want to be logical about things, that was a flagrant health and safety violation on the part of god, not providing sufficient barriers and protection. Worse, the shoddy workmanship in a supposedly omnipotent being creating humans with the propensity to 'push the red button' suggests a certain bloodymindedness on the design front. And then you just look at how bad those designs are, the significant changes of mind exhibited in the bible for no reason, the flooding and killing everything in a fit of pique; and you are forced to accept that god must be ... female.

It explains so much ...
Old Feb 14th 2016, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

2 of my Sons borrowed my car to help one move house in Melbourne.

In one day, lost hubcap off wheel, huge deep scratch on back bumper bar and got a $3000 speeding fine. 66klm in a 60 zone in a company car.

By nominating a driver got that down to $180.

To top it off I had packed him an ikea bag full of start up essentials like loo roll, cups, plates, glasses, few kitchen essential they dropped it on the driveway and smashed most of it.

He Moved again last week and I refused to let anyone near my vehicle
Old Feb 14th 2016, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich View Post
got a $3000 speeding fine.
WTF!
Old Feb 14th 2016, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not normally sexist, but what is it with women and mechanical/electrical things ? Whilst I've been away.... Between them the females in my house have broken the shower tap super duper twist in all directions handle..... Broken my Lawn Mower Handle, which is on a ball joint and the ball wont move now and is twisted at bloody right angles. Fused the hollywood make up mirror which I can't fault find on yet.... Lost a back seat floor mat in our new car which has also got a new scrape on the back bumper, Broken a internal door handle (although that may have been my son).... stuffed up the Home Theatre PC network, killed Kodi, and killed half my plants via watering whilst they were in full sun. I've fixed half the problems.... The Lawn mower is my baby and the wife has twisted the thing to death. Next time I'm not leaving her on her own alone.
Wife bought a chair for the bedroom today that she saw on Gumtree. Only cost $40.. complete bargain. Apart from the fact it's too big, grubby and she managed to gouge two scratches into the bumper of the car getting it out. Bargain my arse.

Last edited by TheCreature; Feb 14th 2016 at 9:24 am.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 9:14 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCreature View Post
Wife bought a chair for the bedroom today that she saw on Gumtree. Only cost $40.. complete bargain. Apart from the fact it's too big, grubby and she managed to gouge two scratches into the bumper of the car.
Bargain my arse.
It's like my ex used to come home from shopping and enthuse about the £60 skirt she had bought reduced to £20. She never wore it, so no, it wasn't £40 saved, but £20 wasted, but she could never undestand my reasoning.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Wherever I drive to after work each evening I guess
Toe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
It's like my ex used to come home from shopping and enthuse about the £60 skirt she had bought reduced to £20. She never wore it, so no, it wasn't £40 saved, but £20 wasted, but she could never undestand my reasoning.
On that theme:-
A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he needs.
A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't need - especially if is on special
Old Feb 14th 2016, 7:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCreature View Post
WTF!
Yep. For 6 klm over in Melbourne. Its one of my company vehicles so 3000 dollars, not a typo. Rang them and if you nominate who was driving and they take liability it becomes a personal fine.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jad n rich View Post
Yep. For 6 klm over in Melbourne. Its one of my company vehicles so 3000 dollars, not a typo. Rang them and if you nominate who was driving and they take liability it becomes a personal fine.
Bloody Hell! I wasn't aware of that. That's a bit extreme to say the least.