Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Woke up this morning to find.....

Wikiposts

Woke up this morning to find.....

Old Jan 9th 2006, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Woke up this morning to find.....

A SOLD sign up!!!!! Hurrah!!! At the same time I got the paperwork through from the solicitors and they want £50 up front and certified copies of our passports. Is there anything else I need to be aware of?
Old Jan 9th 2006, 9:04 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Woke up this morning to find.....

Originally Posted by glittababe
A SOLD sign up!!!!! Hurrah!!! At the same time I got the paperwork through from the solicitors and they want £50 up front and certified copies of our passports. Is there anything else I need to be aware of?
congrats!!!!!

all you need to know now is that you'll be sooo busy you'll meet yourself coming back
Old Jan 9th 2006, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by artep
congrats!!!!!

all you need to know now is that you'll be sooo busy you'll meet yourself coming back
thanks! Never sold a house before, bit daunted by it all really. Have arranged to meet solicitor at 12pm today to sort through paperwork and certify copies of everything. Its like going through the visa process again! Wonder if he'll give us a quick medical
Old Jan 9th 2006, 9:37 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! Great relief, isn't it?
I hope I'll can say the same thing soon!
Old Jan 9th 2006, 9:42 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

YAY!!!!! well done mrs!!

take along details of your mortgage lender so your solicitor can request your deeds mate
Old Jan 9th 2006, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by skywalker
Congrats! Great relief, isn't it?
I hope I'll can say the same thing soon!
I think it hit me harder cos I was under the impression we'd sell this house within a few weeks! All the agents that came over were so positive, they just gave the impression that it would sell quickly (I now know thats their job)! 6 mths down the line we were so demotivated by it all. All the cleaning, tidying, stress, shouting at the kids etc etc It all got to us badly. We were going to take the house off the market over xmas. It was only one estate agent that said don't. He said they get serious buyers over xmas and we should persist, and he was right! However its taken nearly 12 mths to get this place sold! You will get there, you just have to find the 'right' estate agent. ours has been great!
Old Jan 9th 2006, 9:44 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it hit me harder cos I was under the impression we'd sell this house within a few weeks! All the agents that came over were so positive, they just gave the impression that it would sell quickly (I now know thats their job)! 6 mths down the line we were so demotivated by it all. All the cleaning, tidying, stress, shouting at the kids etc etc It all got to us badly. We were going to take the house off the market over xmas. It was only one estate agent that said don't. He said they get serious buyers over xmas and we should persist, and he was right! However its taken nearly 12 mths to get this place sold! You will get there, you just have to find the 'right' estate agent. ours has been great!

bloody hell - i think i would seriously lose it if we were still on the market in june

i dont know whether to change against AGAIN????
Old Jan 9th 2006, 9:46 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that and good luck from now on!
Old Jan 9th 2006, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS lady, full steam ahead now. good luck at the sols too, hope they dont sting you too much!

debs x
Old Jan 9th 2006, 10:16 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

congrats hunny

so thats it now is it you will be heading back to Oz??

P x
Old Jan 10th 2006, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG thats great news
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:22 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Fab news .... CONGRATULATIONS !!!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 4:29 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

WeeeeeeeHayyyyyyyy. Congratulations and well done.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 10th 2006, 6:05 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

A SOLD sign up!!!!! Hurrah!!!
Congratulations! ...
Old Jan 10th 2006, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Paul2004
Congratulations! ...
Many thanks everyone! Solicitors are 20 mins away, so we called her, hopped in the car and presented ourselves plus documents there. We took along copies of the deeds to the house, mortgage lender stuff, passports (she certified them for free), utility bills, bank statements. She took everything then said as its a cash buyer and the surveys been done it should go through really quickly. We're looking to be out of here by mid Feb.

Driving home we stopped off at a storage place to pick up some bubble wrap and I'm so glad we did! The bloke running the place used to work as a shipping agent. When i told him the cost of a 20 ft container he laughed and said we can do it ourselves for a fraction of the cost. He's given us loads of contacts and recommendations, plus removal companies that are loads cheaper, both this end and Brisbane!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.