Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Witnessed a car accident lately?

Wikiposts

Witnessed a car accident lately?

Old Jan 31st 2011, 5:44 pm
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all
Default Witnessed a car accident lately?

Bit of a long shot but worth trying anyway.

Last Tuesday 25th Jan about 9am I had a wee bump in my car where another vehicle hit the back of mine and didn't stop to exchange details etc. I managed to get a phone number from a witness, no name just their number, but in my state I don't think I took this number down properly and therefore have been unable to contact the witness.

The description/details/info I can give for the witness are, male, driving a gold coloured suv type vehicle. I'm not very good at accents but I think it was a Manchester one, he was definitely English and he had a female in the passenger seat. He was willing enough to give me his number but I must've developed number dyslexia in my panic, I could hardly write for shaking!

The bump happened in Upper Coomera, the two nearest schools are Coomera Anglican College or Assisi Catholic College so they could've been coming back from dropping off.

Was this anyone on here by any chance or do you know anyone who it could've been?

I only need the witness' number to give to my insurance company in the hope that he or his passenger got a look at the other driver, I got his rego but he's denying he was driving.

Thanks,

Ellie
Old Jan 31st 2011, 6:13 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Witnessed a car accident lately?

Originally Posted by oz bound
Bit of a long shot but worth trying anyway.

Last Tuesday 25th Jan about 9am I had a wee bump in my car where another vehicle hit the back of mine and didn't stop to exchange details etc. I managed to get a phone number from a witness, no name just their number, but in my state I don't think I took this number down properly and therefore have been unable to contact the witness.

The description/details/info I can give for the witness are, male, driving a gold coloured suv type vehicle. I'm not very good at accents but I think it was a Manchester one, he was definitely English and he had a female in the passenger seat. He was willing enough to give me his number but I must've developed number dyslexia in my panic, I could hardly write for shaking!

The bump happened in Upper Coomera, the two nearest schools are Coomera Anglican College or Assisi Catholic College so they could've been coming back from dropping off.

Was this anyone on here by any chance or do you know anyone who it could've been?

I only need the witness' number to give to my insurance company in the hope that he or his passenger got a look at the other driver, I got his rego but he's denying he was driving.

Thanks,

Ellie
Have you been in touch with the law ? I think as a vehicle owner you have to know who is driving your vehicle at all times . I suggest it was him driving & if the police was to ring him up he may well decide to confess it was him ... or he has to name who was driving .
Old Jan 31st 2011, 6:17 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Not entirely sure on accident law here but as you were unable to exchange details correctly (not your fault) you need to report this to the feds. If the other bloke gets clever and reports it and says that you didn't co-opertae then you could get done. Far fetched? It does happen.

As you have the rego of the other vehicle, I'd hand this one over to the police.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:55 pm
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Icarus
Have you been in touch with the law ? I think as a vehicle owner you have to know who is driving your vehicle at all times . I suggest it was him driving & if the police was to ring him up he may well decide to confess it was him ... or he has to name who was driving .
Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Not entirely sure on accident law here but as you were unable to exchange details correctly (not your fault) you need to report this to the feds. If the other bloke gets clever and reports it and says that you didn't co-opertae then you could get done. Far fetched? It does happen.

As you have the rego of the other vehicle, I'd hand this one over to the police.
Yes I spoke to the police that day. Didn't find them to be overly helpful to be honest, I was politely told that if no one was hurt and the damage wasn't huge I didn't need to report it! But they did say they would go speak to him and I've not heard anything since.

Ellie
Old Feb 1st 2011, 1:03 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oz bound
Yes I spoke to the police that day. Didn't find them to be overly helpful to be honest, I was politely told that if no one was hurt and the damage wasn't huge I didn't need to report it! But they did say they would go speak to him and I've not heard anything since.

Ellie
A traffic crash is reportable to police if there's injury to a person/s, damage to other property over a certain value or vehicle/s were towed. Doesn't sound like any of these apply in this case?

However, if you've got the rego details of the other driver and they refused to exchange details I'd be having a word with the local coppers to see if they'd help you by contacting the registered owner.

But you need to obviously get in touch with your insurance company.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:24 am
West is best!

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
A traffic crash is reportable to police if there's injury to a person/s, damage to other property over a certain value or vehicle/s were towed. Doesn't sound like any of these apply in this case?

That's correct but is it not law that you stop after an accident and enchange details? Which the other driver didn't do. It was my understanding that that type of situation should be reported or is this not the case?

However, if you've got the rego details of the other driver and they refused to exchange details I'd be having a word with the local coppers to see if they'd help you by contacting the registered owner.

But you need to obviously get in touch with your insurance company.
I am in touch with my insurance company etc and it's all getting dealt with, I'm only trying to locate the witness in the hope that they can verify what I've told my insurers.

Thanks,

Ellie