Wikiposts

Wish me luck!!

Old Sep 14th 2006, 12:04 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wish me luck!!

Well I am just about to slip into my lycra in readiness for a bike ride to Sorrento from Beaumaris (about 80k) This sounded like a good idea when it was first mentioned by now I am not so sure, especially when I caught a glimpse of myself from the rear view :scared:

We are going on a girls weekend and a few of us have decided to cycle, the others have more sensibly decided to drive - I know which one I could chose now!
Old Sep 14th 2006, 12:06 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Wish me luck!!

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Well I am just about to slip into my lycra in readiness for a bike ride to Sorrento from Beaumaris (about 80k) This sounded like a good idea when it was first mentioned by now I am not so sure, especially when I caught a glimpse of myself from the rear view :scared:

We are going on a girls weekend and a few of us have decided to cycle, the others have more sensibly decided to drive - I know which one I could chose now!
All the best Vanessa. I now know what your signature means when it says "Mines a large one".
Old Sep 14th 2006, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Bordy
All the best Vanessa. I now know what your signature means when it says "Mines a large one".
Cheeky bugger!!
I was hoping you would respond. I will expect some coffee and biscuits when we pass by your way (or nearby!!)
Old Sep 14th 2006, 12:34 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Cheeky bugger!!
I was hoping you would respond. I will expect some coffee and biscuits when we pass by your way (or nearby!!)
You would be more than welcome but I doubt you will be close to Ferntree Gully.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 12:40 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
"Mines a large one".
Seat?
happy cycling Vanessa
Old Sep 14th 2006, 1:16 pm
The Godfather

Originally Posted by Ransi
Seat?
happy cycling Vanessa
Exactly what I meant. TY Ransi.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and have a nice weekend
Old Sep 14th 2006, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, Vanessa, hope you have great weekend.

Mel
Old Sep 14th 2006, 10:54 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Vanessa, hope you dont get too saddle sore
Old Sep 17th 2006, 10:40 am

Well I am back and in one piece (or just about!) The ride was spectactular and I only fell off twice! Once at the top of Oliver's Hill (what a killer that was and especially as I was on a hybrid bike) and then at the major intersection on the Nepean Highway with the right hard turn into Mornington. The road was really busy and we couldn't get across to the right so we decided to pull off the road and cross at the traffic lights. One problem. I had uncleated one foot but forgot to do the other. I then went to put this foot down but couldn't and I went over with the bike on top of me. This provided much amusement to the other girls and to the motorists sat at the junction. I do believe that if anyone passes by there now you will see the crater where I fell!!!

Arms and legs bruised and grazed but the drink over the weekend soon put paid to that!
Old Sep 17th 2006, 8:15 pm

Well I am back and in one piece (or just about!) The ride was spectactular and I only fell off twice! Once at the top of Oliver's Hill (what a killer that was and especially as I was on a hybrid bike) and then at the major intersection on the Nepean Highway with the right hard turn into Mornington. The road was really busy and we couldn't get across to the right so we decided to pull off the road and cross at the traffic lights. One problem. I had uncleated one foot but forgot to do the other. I then went to put this foot down but couldn't and I went over with the bike on top of me. This provided much amusement to the other girls and to the motorists sat at the junction. I do believe that if anyone passes by there now you will see the crater where I fell!!!

Arms and legs bruised and grazed but the drink over the weekend soon put paid to that!
well done how long did it take you to do it?
Old Sep 17th 2006, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by possoms
well done how long did it take you to do it?
4 hours in total but that included stopping for lunch in Mornington - we were going to have a glass of wine as well but I had already fallen by that point and so decided that maybe we would leave it until we arrived.
Old Sep 17th 2006, 8:21 pm

4 hours in total but that included stopping for lunch in Mornington - we were going to have a glass of wine as well but I had already fallen by that point and so decided that maybe we would leave it until we arrived.
LOL yes think you were right about the wine, I once witnessed someone very drunk on a bike he went into a ditch and stayed there ...passed out

4 hrs seems good though sure it would've took me 4 days