Wikiposts

Wirral anyone?

Old Sep 30th 2007, 4:08 am
Just Joined

shazney64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wirral anyone?

Originally Posted by robos
at the back of the market(my mum and dad still live there)
my nan lives in shore bank (the other side of the field)

have you lived there for long?
about six years too long ha! No seriously only meant the move to be a short one, but the last two years been battling to apply for visas.
Its quiet here and son has few friends other than that cant complain.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

ALANandBARB35 is an unknown quantity at this point

What a load of negative posts about Wirral. We've lived here all our lives and I can assure everyone that there are far worse places to live in the uk than Wirral. The only reason we are emigrating is because our kids are in Aus.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

turkey is on a distinguished road

I think the wirral is great ,well there are some places that are not as nice , but you get that every were even in oz. On sat we took the girls with their bikes and walked on the wirral way it was lovely. We want to go to oz to try something different .Good Luck every one
Old Oct 1st 2007, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough

Ask 10 people who live in one road, what they think of said road and every single person will have a unique answer.
Everyones perception of the area they live in is different and valid to them
Pomgrrl
Old Oct 1st 2007, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

My wife is from Prenton, we met 15 years ago when my family moved to Rock Ferry from Warrington (Great Sankey) to open a shop on Dacre Hill called Jimmy Macs (opposite the dentists, closed now).

We live on North Road, Devonshire Park - road off Borough Road opposite the old Borough Road Tech College on the way out of town towards TRFC.

Some nice areas of the Wirral like Thurstaston, West Kirby, Burton, Hilbre Island, Eastham Country Park and some fantastic big old houses and victorian history. North Road was a nice quiet place to live in a 5 bed victorian semi but some of the areas e.g. Rock Ferry ! jeez ! the town centre at the weekend ! the thought of my kids growing up there scared the crap out of me. met some really nice people there, even do dey all talk like dat do don't dey do ? (despite denying that they're scousers! )

re: Da Port. Have you seen the entry for EP on the mychavtown website ? it's soooo funny, the OP slagging it off and then the local chavs posting comments about how great "Da Port" is and they'd break his jaw etc. etc. reinforcing his original comments without a trace of irony !

Andy
Old Oct 1st 2007, 2:44 am
Just Joined

tigerlilly is an unknown quantity at this point

we're in Wallasey and can't wait to get away, hoping to move out Brisbane way. We had hubby's TRA returned when they changed the rules but our agent has told us just to be patient so fingers crossed.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cadman
My wife is from Prenton, we met 15 years ago when my family moved to Rock Ferry from Warrington (Great Sankey) to open a shop on Dacre Hill called Jimmy Macs (opposite the dentists, closed now).

We live on North Road, Devonshire Park - road off Borough Road opposite the old Borough Road Tech College on the way out of town towards TRFC.

Some nice areas of the Wirral like Thurstaston, West Kirby, Burton, Hilbre Island, Eastham Country Park and some fantastic big old houses and victorian history. North Road was a nice quiet place to live in a 5 bed victorian semi but some of the areas e.g. Rock Ferry ! jeez ! the town centre at the weekend ! the thought of my kids growing up there scared the crap out of me. met some really nice people there, even do dey all talk like dat do don't dey do ? (despite denying that they're scousers! )

re: Da Port. Have you seen the entry for EP on the mychavtown website ? it's soooo funny, the OP slagging it off and then the local chavs posting comments about how great "Da Port" is and they'd break his jaw etc. etc. reinforcing his original comments without a trace of irony !

Andy
Errrrrrrr, ow do dey talk in rainey cairns den la?? Different twist to ere den?!!

Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by turkey
I think the wirral is great ,well there are some places that are not as nice , but you get that every were even in oz. On sat we took the girls with their bikes and walked on the wirral way it was lovely. We want to go to oz to try something different .Good Luck every one
Quite agree. One of the things we like is that within a short drive you can be at the coast, Parkgate, West Kirby, New Brighton all great for a nice walk.
OK maybe the centre of Birkenhead is not so great but from the waterfront at Woodside you have a great view of the Liverpool waterfront which is known worldwide.
Barb
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:18 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ALANandBARB35
Quite agree. One of the things we like is that within a short drive you can be at the coast, Parkgate, West Kirby, New Brighton all great for a nice walk.
OK maybe the centre of Birkenhead is not so great but from the waterfront at Woodside you have a great view of the Liverpool waterfront which is known worldwide.
Barb
yeah but would you go for a paddle amongst the oil and scum floating on the surface of the lovely brown sea????
do you think it smells as nice and clean and fresh when your sitting making sand castle on new brighton beach????
mmmmmmmmm let me see
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

Does anyone want to arrange a meet up and we can all discuss the sights, sounds and smells of the Wirral?!! I'll go but no good at arranging things........maybe it'd be fun.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:08 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mo33
Does anyone want to arrange a meet up and we can all discuss the sights, sounds and smells of the Wirral?!! I'll go but no good at arranging things........maybe it'd be fun.
ok im in

i am also no good at arranging things but what about the burley dam?

jan xx
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:30 am
Just Joined

shazney64 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok im in

i am also no good at arranging things but what about the burley dam?

jan xx
Burley Damn good for me, half term coming up what about first week back after that? Or do you want all the kids off?
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

yeah but would you go for a paddle amongst the oil and scum floating on the surface of the lovely brown sea????
do you think it smells as nice and clean and fresh when your sitting making sand castle on new brighton beach????
mmmmmmmmm let me see
My sandcastle making days are over, but had a nice walk around the lake at West Kirby a couple of weeks ago and it was lovely,clean sand ,a great view of Hilbre Island and donkey rides on the beach. New Brighton isn't that bad a lot better than it was 30 years ago, (I'm probably a lot older than you).
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

bigpaul has a spectacular aura aboutbigpaul has a spectacular aura aboutbigpaul has a spectacular aura about

mmmmmmmmm let me see
Better than living in limbo???
Old Jan 13th 2008, 6:32 am
Just Joined

leec is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Wirral anyone?

Hello Everyone,

Just noticed this thread, but wondering whether we are far too late to reply....better late than never.

We are living in the Wirral, in Eastham. Family all live in Upton on one side of Wirral, and Ellesmere Port on the other side.

I always loved the Wirral as a care free child, loved walking through the Village and have old ladies offer me a sweet. Aaaaahhhhh. Its all different now, especially since we had the children. We live a short distance from the constant hum of lorries running up and down the A41, recent application for an incinerator to be built near to where we live. Have to pick up broken glass bottles outside the house after every lout seems to have thrown one into our garden on a Friday and Saturday night. Go over to the beach on the other side of the Wirral and spend the next hour scraping dog muck from your shoe. Having to put up with rain almost constantly, kids are never well, especially the 5 year old who already suffers from weak chest (which always improves when we are away in warmer climates)
........and for me, despite having a Grammar School education, A-Levels, 6 years experience in Finance/Insurance/Banking and part way through a Language degree am still unable to even get a part time cleaning job with hours to fit around the school runs ! Sorry....I'm droning now.

My reasons for wanting to finally get out are clear, but what are yours ?
Would be lovely to meet up with any fellow Wirralians, see what your experience of immigration is like so far.

Barbara & Lee (old enough to know better),
William (5, asks for the sunshine every day)
& Heather (2, wants to be a beach babe)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.