Wife's Not Happy

Old Feb 9th 2009, 10:35 pm
TRF
Forum Regular

TRF is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wife's Not Happy

Not sure if I have put this in the right place, But!
Weve been in one of the Sydney suburbs for two years now and the thing is my Wife's not happy here, No friends/network etc:
I have said we'll try another area, which she has agreed to do.. I'm thinking Central Coast instead of being Out West.
Can anyone suggest a nice area to rent in, where the people are friendly? 3 bedder, no more than 450 dollars a week, nice school etc. I have two more years to do on my Visa and it's gonna be uncomfortable if my Wife's not happy.. Advice appreciated:
Old Feb 9th 2009, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Wife's Not Happy

Originally Posted by TRF
Weve been in one of the Sydney suburbs for two years now and the thing is my Wife's not happy here, No friends/network etc:
I have said we'll try another area, which she has agreed to do.. I'm thinking Central Coast instead of being Out West.
Can anyone suggest a nice area to rent in, where the people are friendly? 3 bedder, no more than 450 dollars a week, nice school etc. I have two more years to do on my Visa and it's gonna be uncomfortable if my Wife's not happy.. Advice appreciated:
Where do you live?
Old Feb 9th 2009, 10:41 pm
TRF
Forum Regular

Kingswood, Sydney
Old Feb 10th 2009, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

I wonder though if your wife isn't happy about no friends perhaps rather than moving somewhere else (and still not having friends) she should think about how to meet people where you are now?
Old Feb 10th 2009, 2:05 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi TRF, I'm sorry to hear that your wife is unhappy but I tend to agree with Deutschmaster. How do you know it will be any different if you move? Also, how mobile are you - where do you work?

Does your wife work or is she at home alone all day? I don't have children and am not currently working so I know how easy it can be to feel isolated; there is no automatic way to meet people (especially as I don't even do a school run!). Thankfully I'm gobby so chat to anyone and everyone in the local mall.

You are a long way out of the Sydney action in Kingswood, but the budget you mention will not get you a 3 bedder in most family-friendly areas further in. I don't know anything about Kingswood - are you in an area/estate with other families? If not, you could look at the Hills.

If your wife is not working and your children are at school, maybe she could take some classes, do some voluntary work, anything to meet people. I did voluntary work in our last country and I've just started classes here.

Oh man, you should see my drawings but it gets me out of the house.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 2:14 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with seasider and deutschmaster
I am a home based wife and yes I do miss someone to meet for coffee in the day time as all my local friends work but like seasider I will chat to anyone.

I am in sutherland shire so a bit far for your wife but if she wants to come this way she will be welcome.
Voluntary work, classes at tafe etc will help her to meet people
Old Feb 10th 2009, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRF
Hey mate, sorry to hear that!

Have you tried to get involved in local clubs or organisations even gyms etc.. because that's a great way of meeting people.

Don't give up mate. Just get alocal paper and check out what's going on and pop in to local events. get out and mingle...That's the simplest of the rules for meeting people.

The locals maybe reluctant to shake hands but it's better if you stretched your hands first...good luck!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 9:18 pm
TRF
Forum Regular

Thanks for all your comments. I blame myself in part because I work a lot of hours and my wife's left to her own devices with the 2 kids most of the time, I should get her out more. She is a chatty person though, so I'm surprised she hasent picked friends up, in the UK she had a great Network going on. Our Neighbours here are not the best you could have and the school run gets you lots of aquaintences but no action.. Joining a club or group seems to be the best suggestion as it's Adult company away from the kids that I think she needs. Thanks again
Old Feb 10th 2009, 10:04 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

It may be better to start a thread with central coast in the title then people who live there can reply. I think Hutch lives that way - he may be able to help.

Good luck
Old Feb 11th 2009, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

Yes she def needs to get out... there is lots of voluntary work... lifeline, smith family, SES, the list is endless!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Wife's are never happy, its a universal fact, a bit like gravity.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 10:20 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Well this one's certainly not happy with your standard of English, young man.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Making friends is hard where ever you live. We have to ask ourselves when did we last make a new friend. Do we invite new people into our group, once we have established that we do not,then we set about changing things and making sure we do.

There are a lot of forums on the web for mothers with children here in Aus and its a way of starting to know people. I belong to Calorie King and I know that in Sydney for example there are groups of people who have made friends and regularly meet up. The reason I mention web forums is because I find that we gravitate towards people who are like us. It happens very subtly.

Schools can be good but also bad if you have a clique who run things, I personally stayed away from the school thingy because of cliques not a fan myself.

I feel for your wife as its lonely and I understand completely how she feels but the difference is just making that one friend and having someone to talk to and have a coffee.

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/ is a forum where every part of motherhood and parenting is represented from birth to adolescence so there are forums for everyone to get involved in.

I am sure that the discussions will not just be about children they will be about all sorts just like this one is.

Community house here in Victoria is a good place too I believe you would have similar in NSW.

Good luck

Last edited by Petals; Feb 11th 2009 at 8:04 pm. Reason: sense
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:27 pm
Auntie Fa

I was recently told about this: http://www.swic.com.au/
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

A good idea but if it was me I probably would not want to go alone to a club so I would want to have someone to talk to when I got there. I say this because I am not that shy and if therefore if it would be hard for me I think it is hard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.